Silhouette

AerynSun_JohnCrighton

Good Morning, I did a search and didn't see anything so I am sorry if I missed it but looking for anyone who kept the papers from the Silhouette cruise that can scan them so I can have an idea of which activities I want to be on the look out for.

We are doing the Eastern one, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts etc... but any from Caribbean would be helpful.

Thanks,

Meg

We were on Silhouette in January, but I suspect activities will be different this winter. There are generally lots of trivia games, some pool activities, fitness events like walk a mile and Zumba. The only truly memorable thing was a guitarist that played on the lawn one evening.

Hmm... Cooking classes? Martini tastings? Lunch in specialty restaurant? Tour of ship? I don't really do pool activities.

Hi:).....I can't tell you what will be on your cruise but I will give you

some information on what activities have been offered before.....

Culinary.....they have offered a few different things.

I have participated in what is Celebrity's version of IRON CHEF:)

2 chefs on stage.....each chef has a passanger who is an Asst. and

there are 3 passengers who are judges. I was a judge once. It was

alot of fun.

They have also have food demonstrations where each Specialty

Restaurant has food on tables with cooks from each place. Also

had a bartender from the Molecular Bar....I got one of those drinks:D

Galley tours have been offered throughout the years.....if that is

something you are interested in doing? I would inquire about it. Not sure

if they are done anymore and if so, if there is a charge. I was never

charged but not sure if that has been changed (but I haven't gone on

it recently).

Lunch in one of the Specialty restaurants definitely varies sailing to

sailing.......yes, I have done it before. You need to ask about it.

I have eaten lunch at the Lawn Club Grille and Tuscan Grille.

So, I enjoy the Culinary activities too:).......hope this helps a bit.

OH, Martini Tastings are always on board.....they are not done during

the daytime though....from my personal experience, early evenings

in the Martini Bar. Can't remember the price........I want to say 15.00?

which is just a guess.

It is called a "Martini Flight" and you get 6 miniature martinis.

Edited by Lois R

Thanks! I will try that. I know there used to be a site where someone had complies info, papers, menus, etc from different lines and ships...

wish I could remember the site...

Greetings

Check "Beyond Ships". That may be the one you remember.

Good Sailing

Tom

Good Morning, I did a search and didn't see anything so I am sorry if I missed it but looking for anyone who kept the papers from the Silhouette cruise that can scan them so I can have an idea of which activities I want to be on the look out for.

We are doing the Eastern one, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts etc... but any from Caribbean would be helpful.

Thanks,

Meg

Sounds like you need to look to MVPINBOYNTON (aka The Preismans) Blog = http://www.thepreismans.com

And in particular their EXCELLENT Review of the Eastern Caribbean on The Reflection (sister ship to The Silhouette, and last one built in the S-Class) in 2013 = http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection.htm

You will find the link to the Celebrity Today dailies on page 2 of the review (link is listed as DAILIES in yellow)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Check out their Blog, they have lots of great Reviews from their many cruises on various cruise lines. Worth bookmarking for future reference.

What is point of finding any dailies

First the Caribbean are different then the European cruise

Any Caribbean daily is before May 2014,

on the TA in April there was cut back in the activity crew for the TA, did they put more staff on after the TA ?

I really did not care there was a cut back on the TA, some people did

Make you plans for ports , chill on the sea day :D

What is point of finding any dailies

First the Caribbean are different then the European cruise

Any Caribbean daily is before May 2014,

on the TA in April there was cut back in the activity crew for the TA, did they put more staff on after the TA ?

I really did not care there was a cut back on the TA, some people did

Make you plans for ports , chill on the sea day :D

I can have an idea of what I want to look for to do. I do not like just sitting my pool... I like dance classes, wine pairings, martini tastings, cooking demos... trivia.... etc...

I can have an idea of what I want to look for to do. I do not like just sitting my pool... I like dance classes, wine pairings, martini tastings, cooking demos... trivia.... etc...

Hi, hope you saw the events I listed in my previous post.....I tried

to give you an idea about culinary events I have attended on my

cruises.

On our April TA , there was only 2 people from the activity team on board, there was no golf on the lawn , no singer at sunset bar at 5 pm etc

So that cut down on a lot of things, and this was a crossing with 7 straight sea days

Who knows how many activity members they will have on board once it back in the Caribbean

So looking at 7 month old dailies may take you down the wrong path

On our April TA , there was only 2 people from the activity team on board, there was no golf on the lawn , no singer at sunset bar at 5 pm etc

So that cut down on a lot of things, and this was a crossing with 7 straight sea days

Who knows how many activity members they will have on board once it back in the Caribbean

I understand that, but I am the type of person that likes to TRY to schedule my day... so I want to have an idea... if those activities are not offered due to something... fine.... I'll prob note in my review and it may affect my choosing a different line next time... but I'm not sure why you seem to care so much... all I did was ask a question. If you don't have the answer, then why bother continuing to respond?

I'm like you - I don't sit & stay very well.

On pretty much every cruise I've been on there have been all of the above. There is ALWAYS trivia at least a couple of times a day. Sometimes it's many times, starting at about 9 am!

There has been an increase in cooking demos lately, and there is pretty much always a wine pairings session (I think these are about $29 each). For some of the wine events, check with bartenders or your sommelier for details because they aren't necessarily advertised.

There were dance classes on this cruise, but only on sea days. There were movies in the theatre at least once a day, ping pong tournaments, walk a mile (each morning), a special mid-day fundraising walk on deck for charity.

The makeup store always has demos and "lessons" - at least a couple of times. And craft things (bracelet making and scrapbooking) are pretty common.

It seems like there is Zumba on every cruise now, but I have a feeling that these sessions are charged for now that Canyon Ranch has taken over.

On longer cruises (like TransAtlantics) there have been painting classes (SUPER popular), talent shows, and a passenger choir.

I have to agree. On our last 2 =X= cruises since April, the activities staff was down to 2 (plus the DJ) so I am not sure any advice, unless it is in the Caribbean this year (which can't be since the ships are not there yet) may not be accurate. There was a noticeable difference in the number and level of activities from prior sailings but it didn't affect our experience negatively.

I'm like you - I don't sit & stay very well.

On pretty much every cruise I've been on there have been all of the above. There is ALWAYS trivia at least a couple of times a day. Sometimes it's many times, starting at about 9 am!

There has been an increase in cooking demos lately, and there is pretty much always a wine pairings session (I think these are about $29 each). For some of the wine events, check with bartenders or your sommelier for details because they aren't necessarily advertised.

There were dance classes on this cruise, but only on sea days. There were movies in the theatre at least once a day, ping pong tournaments, walk a mile (each morning), a special mid-day fundraising walk on deck for charity.

The makeup store always has demos and "lessons" - at least a couple of times. And craft things (bracelet making and scrapbooking) are pretty common.

It seems like there is Zumba on every cruise now, but I have a feeling that these sessions are charged for now that Canyon Ranch has taken over.

On longer cruises (like TransAtlantics) there have been painting classes (SUPER popular), talent shows, and a passenger choir.

Thanks!