the madness has begun

LHT28

I am no a big fan of those kind of sales....You can easily go around the booking thing tho.

Just book a cruise for late 2015, cheapest you find, pay the deposit, wait til the sweepstakes is done ( November ) then cancel the cruise.

That should give them a lesson if many did that.

Not sign of a great cruise line if you ask me...and the cruise they offer is...boffffff

Pete

Read the terms = NO PURCHASE NECESSARY!! And a free cruise is just that, free!!! /B]

I have no problem with offers or contests but am not happy with the deals that are available only to customers in the U.K. What are we....... chopped liver :eek: :D

I have no program with targeted offers.

Oceania marketing probably has a good reason for this.

Many UK passengers can more easily get to some of the European ports e.g. -- airfare is not as big a deal. Perhaps they can cruise on short notice. Maybe they want to build up UK business. Incentives are the way to go.

Companies do targeting marketing all the time -- credit card sign on bonuses are a perfect example. I may get one in the mail; you may not or vice versa.

It's the way of the world.

I entered and I hope I win

Those who are put off by this "cheap trick unbefitting of an upscale cruise line" do not enter as to increase my chances. LOLOL

It is cheap for them---but it's fitting-just a lack luster Sweepstake---great if your selling a product-bad if your the customer.

Rick

If it's not a joke, it might be a way to verify age? competence? Very strange

I think that answering a math question then makes it NOT a game of chance but a contest. Some legal reason so that won't be arrested for running a gambling enterprise. I have seen it other than Canada too -- Games of chance are outlawed-- might have to do with paying "taxes and fees" on winnings also. Don't worry Canadians == I don't think the question will be really hard!

I really wonder on how much the cruise lines spend on marketing -- those huge brochures and colorful books of places to go and luxuries to luxe in ! I look at one every two or three weeks -- I get multiple mailings from cruise lines/travel providers EVERY DAY. Yes I book cruises (probably too often for my own pocketbook health) but never because of the pretty picture books. I think they can sell to some folks but EVERY DAY! Too much/too much the same/ been there done that/too heavy for postman and too much effort to recycle the paper every week. I get on average a full trash bag of "Promotional materials" per week. Cut it out!

Too much/too much the same/ been there done that/too heavy for postman and too much effort to recycle the paper every week. I get on average a full trash bag of "Promotional materials" per week. Cut it out!

I agree with you that there is excessive advertising but too much effort to recycle?

Is it more effort to recycle then throw it into trash?

I booked early for significant discount. My Veranda A-3 room at $2899 for a 7 day Carribean cruise. Just received a brochure for that cruise - our category listed as $2513.

You should have done your research. From the very beginning of the art of Cruising, cabins have sold out from the top down and from the bottom up.

People seem to be drawn to either the best -or- the least expensive accomodations.

In other words, those "in the middle" cabins, have always been a drug on the market.

Concierge Class was created for just that reason.

I booked early for significant discount. My Veranda A-3 room at $2899 for a 7 day Carribean cruise. Just received a brochure for that cruise - our category listed as $2513.

Caribbean cruises often drop in price. The market is saturated. Many cruises do not sell well. It's the one itinerary I would not book early unless I wanted a specific cabin

Your ta should be able to help you with the price drop

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Now, now, it's not ALL doom and gloom. There are all manner of "British Only" offers are coming down the Pike these days...

Most recently for private limousine transfers, and before that included Beverage Packages.

Well guys, would you please let me know if / when you see ANY offers that cover my part of the world. 12 "O" cruises down with 2 more booked and have never seen an offer yet. I just thank god I now have a great travel agent. As it helps to have one that at least knows what they are talking about even if they can't offer me "free air etc etc".

Rhonda

Well guys, would you please let me know if / when you see ANY offers that cover my part of the world. 12 "O" cruises down with 2 more booked and have never seen an offer yet. I just thank god I now have a great travel agent. As it helps to have one that at least knows what they are talking about even if they can't offer me "free air etc etc".

Rhonda

You know that we're in your corner, Rhonda, and "our girl" is always trying to find a way to get you aboard :p.

I have no problem with offers or contests but am not happy with the deals that are available only to customers in the U.K. What are we....... chopped liver :eek: :D

What does that make us from the UK then???

Anyway to rub salt into the wound I was offered for my November Cruise on Nautica:-

Free Drinks package worth $2518

Free Gratuities worth $880

2 Free nights stay in a Dubai Hotel

Free Transfers from airport to ship and from ship to Hotel and back to airport.

What does that make us from the UK then???

Anyway to rub salt into the wound I was offered for my November Cruise on Nautica:-

Free Drinks package worth $2518

Free Gratuities worth $880

2 Free nights stay in a Dubai Hotel

Free Transfers from airport to ship and from ship to Hotel and back to airport.

I think that beats "free air" any day :D

So, you're saying never to book early if you want a mid-priced suite?

In any event, can (will) a ta help with a credit or anything?

Actually, there are few situations where not booking early is an advantage. If you expect the cruise not to sell well (Caribbean and some Med. itineraries), waiting could be good. On the other hand, the prices are reviewed every 4 months and can increase.

TA's definitely can not only help with OBC's, you can receive a rebate back on your cruise. IMO, booking with a TA that is familiar with Oceania and regularly books them is the only way to go.

A good Oceania TA should also be able to get you the benefit of the price decrease if your cruise goes does in price (again, more likely for Caribbean, some Mediterranean and some Alaska itineraries) and should also be able to get you a good deal on an upsell for a cruise not doing that well.

I think some people get up in the morning full of gloom and doom and have to go looking for things to feel miserable about. I admit when I got the news about Oceania and NCL I was literally heartbroken. I remember it took a long time for Holland America to go downhill after Carnival took over, but down it did go.

My super magnificent spectacular amazing TA told me to be patient and "wait and see" which I will. As for marketing ploys like this one, I could care less. I say go for it. The 11/28 cruise didn't sell well, obviously, and I know because I'm on it and watched the rates go down a bit over time so of course Oceania wants to fill it. Doesn't bother me.

They can do whatever they want from a marketing standpoint as far as I'm concerned as long as they don't mess with the Oceania I fell in love with a couple years ago. If the service and spectacular food suffer, I'm over and done. Otherwise ... whatever it takes to keep the boats afloat!!!:)