Statendam cabins on promenade deck

Invincible

Actually I think it's called lower promenade deck on board but it's the deck you can walk around on the outside. We had a cabin which looked out onto this deck, the windows have some sort of privacy film on them which stops people looking in to your room, this is fine in daylight but at night when the lights are on in your cabin and it's dark outside be certain to draw your curtains securely as the privacy film does not work then, we were surprised one evening walking around the deck to see one elderly gentleman sitting in the cabin in his underwear as he had decided to open his curtains. We are not nosey people but the light from a cabin does draw your eyes.

As SilvertoGold has noted, they are smaller than the other standard outsides on Main and Dolphin Decks. I would never book one of those Lower Promenade Deck outsides.

Just an FYI - We love those cabins. If I'm not in a Neptune Suite ... then I only stay on the LP deck. I'll be spending 31 days there before years end. Love it there.

Just an FYI - We love those cabins. If I'm not in a Neptune Suite ... then I only stay on the LP deck. I'll be spending 31 days there before years end. Love it there.

We are excited to spend 30 days in a LP cabin in a few weeks!!

And, yes, I'll pay attention to the drapes at night.

Edited by carolmacey

Another issue to comment on, we had cabin 309 forward on the starboard side, it was very noisy at times and we spoke to many others on the same deck further back who said they experienced a lot of noise from the kitchens immediately above them.

We spent 45 days in 317 in February/March (Panama Canal followed by South Pacific) and loved it. Could quickly get out on deck on either starboard or port so no problem if the sightseeing was on a particular side of the ship. We didn't notice a noise problem, but noise is not something that bothers us -- just sleep right through it. And, yes, we were quick to close the curtains after dark. We used to book LP when it was a category "C"; now that the categories have changed we save a few bucks.

We've always enjoyed the LP cabins, just a few steps from a big verandah.:D But I do agree that you definitely need to pull the drapes when the lights are on, and there should be some indication of that in the cabin.

I agree: there should be a notice about nighttime and the curtains.

I remember a cabins over the side thrusters that has a permanent sign on the wall by the thermostat about not being alarmed by the rumbling and shaking when the thrusters are engaged. If HAL can do that, they should be able to put up a small notice about the curtains.

I agree: there should be a notice about nighttime and the curtains.

I remember a cabins over the side thrusters that has a permanent sign on the wall by the thermostat about not being alarmed by the rumbling and shaking when the thrusters are engaged. If HAL can do that, they should be able to put up a small notice about the curtains.

I agree, as there are some passengers that are not aware of that night time issue with the privacy film. They think if you can't see thru it during the day it would be the same at night, but not true.

Actually you can kind of see in the daytime, as well, if the lights are on. It's definitely not as much of an issue as at night but I would not assume no one can see in during the daytime. Walking past our window, I could see my husband--fortunately just sitting there reading--though not clearly.

I can remember a few years ago when we were on an "S" class and during lifeboat drill we were stationed directly in front one of the windows. A woman tuned on the light and you could see everything in the cabin.

And so did the person in charge of our lifeboat drill. He sent someone to the cabin to call her to the drill.