Price increase today...

Lovemygreekgeek

I tried to use the fish site today and it said you have to pay for alerts for decreases. :eek: lol

You can check it daily for free but as an FYI your price drops will pay for themselves. The 99 cents I spent has already saved me close to 800.00 on next years cruise. The prices were up and down last month and I was notified every time.

speaking of prices, has anyone seen other crazy pricing? My 6 day on the Gem to canada next year is now over 1,000 yet the 7 day breakaway to bermuda is only a about 750ish

There are only the two summer sailings for that trip. We were looking at it but dates just didn't work. Prices went up quick and it looks like quite a lot of the rooms sold.

Edited by dexddd

Like I said in the Roll Call thread - I can forget about doing last-minute cruises in NYC from NCL because the prices are not going down no time soon. Glad, I locked in the rates I did for both my trips earlier because the prices for each went up $150-$200 and keeps going up. I trying to see if Miami is doable for me since it seems that's the only place that has prices drops of any kind but paying for last-minute airfare / bus / train, finding a hotel for the night or flying in the same day and factoring how get to the port- makes the trip even more expensive than the actual cruise fare & fees....:(

What does it matter?

People put down small deposits and when final payment day comes it's time to pay in full. This usually means that some percentage of those people who had cabins reserved will not pay in full and those cabins will become available again. If there is an excess of cabins released compared to the target goal NCL was trying to fill at the final payment date, you will see prices come down. Of course, prices could stay the same or go up if the number of cabins filled at final payment meet with whatever quota NCL is trying to fill by certain time periods.

Edited by cruisecritiquer

People put down small deposits and when final payment day comes it's time to pay in full. This usually means that some percentage of those people who had cabins reserved will not pay in full and those cabins will become available again. If there is an excess of cabins released compared to the target goal NCL was trying to fill at the final payment date, you will see prices come down. Of course, prices could stay the same or go up if the number of cabins filled at final payment meet with whatever quota NCL is trying to fill by certain time periods.

exactly just curious to see what happens. I am paid in full and have been for a couple of months already. I have a comp balcony on my cruise so it really doesn't affect me just curious what prices will do after final payment date.