What do you like to do FIRST!

MaiTaiMary

The first thing I do is head to the dining room and talk to the Maitre D about food allergies. :( Then if cabin is ready, we head there and drop off our carry on and we always check the bible. Sometimes people leave things in it for others to enjoy. Call family one last time before the phones go into the safe for 7 days. :D Then up to the Lido for some lunch and sunshine. We will also roam around the ship. Unpack if our luggage arrives. Muster, and then find a good spot for sail away.

Red Frog Pub for my free beer :D

That's what I do. If no Red Frog, drop off my stuff in the cabin, make a drink, go to Lido for the deli and order a double meat, double sauerkraut Reuben. Roam.

Unfortunately, now I have to go to Lido to get ice. That is probably the stupidest cutback of all, no ice unless you ask. I keep a small collapsible cooler on the floor of the shower so it doesn't condense all over and it's not until I've met the steward and tell him that I get any ice. Sometimes they say they'll bring it at turndown which is lots of Lido ice.

Later I go to MDR and see my table and usually ask if I'm seated with solos.

Haven't seen a bible in a long time.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

You can clip it to a belt loop or bracket ant it's harder to lose cause it's attached to you. The downside is it really stretches so if you catch it on something you can be half way across the room before you realize it.[emoji1]

I take my own hole punch and as soon as I get my card punch a hole and put it on my lanyard. Never have to search for card and don't lose it.

Drunk by dinner, passed out by 9....

I rarely drink, and forget how strong they are (to me at least)

Out of my system, and never drunk again onboard.

Sadly, not a joke... 4 for 4...each time I say I won't do it... and it happens anyway

Get Cheers, get a drink, head to excursion desk and book a couple, check out room, then usually go to lido- cabin is on lido for next cruise for first time, excited for the short journey from room!!

drop off our bags in our room, then head up to the top deck to enjoy the harbour view before getting something to eat. Then explore the ship and soak up the atmosphere of sail away. - only three days to go :)

what is faster to the fun? - never heard of it before this thread...

look on YOUR excursions page and if it is available (limited amount) it will be there. around $50 It lets you get on the ship via a different line, get off the ship at ports quicker etc. Never used one and hope someone else will give you a better definition.

michael

Drop bags in room (FTTF)

Take photos of the room. Buy Bubbles/Drink pkg if we are doing it on the cruise.

Head to buffet - grab a poolside table.

Order drinks of the day.

Wait till DH and DD get their meal.

Then I go and get my meal - I don't go inside, but make Nachos, etc.

If its a new ship to us, I take 1001 photos before the ship fills up!

Tell DH if he can keep up with me I'm going to Red Frog Bar....first one gets free drink and pics up for the week...then we go to Lido and get our drinks on....

That's right............. forgot about getting to the Red Frog Bar first :D .

my normal routine:

-head straight up to the lido for guy's burgers (after salivating for months over the thought of them!)

-say OK to the first waiter coming around with a watered down rum punch (for the rest of the trip i will get my own drinks from the bar, but in that first hour on board, i can't say no!)

-drop carry ons at the room and unpack that bag; unpack the checked bags if they've arrived

-wander the decks to get a feel for the ship and snap pics of some of those cool areas i know i wont see again for the rest of the trip!

-grumble back to my cabin at the last minute to get lifejackets for the muster drill while crew members hustle me along

-bring my lifejacket back to the room then fight to get a spot in the elevator from the lowest decks to the lido deck to prepare for sailaway, new drink in hand

-PARTY!

-head back inside at dusk to change for dinner

-spend the rest of the pre-dinner time at alchemy bar and going back for seconds and thirds at the taste bar

-dinner, shows, more martinis, vacation! :D

my normal routine:

-head straight up to the lido for guy's burgers (after salivating for months over the thought of them!)

-say OK to the first waiter coming around with a watered down rum punch (for the rest of the trip i will get my own drinks from the bar, but in that first hour on board, i can't say no!)

-drop carry ons at the room and unpack that bag; unpack the checked bags if they've arrived

-wander the decks to get a feel for the ship and snap pics of some of those cool areas i know i wont see again for the rest of the trip!

-grumble back to my cabin at the last minute to get lifejackets for the muster drill while crew members hustle me along

-bring my lifejacket back to the room then fight to get a spot in the elevator from the lowest decks to the lido deck to prepare for sailaway, new drink in hand

-PARTY!

-head back inside at dusk to change for dinner

-spend the rest of the pre-dinner time at alchemy bar and going back for seconds and thirds at the taste bar

-dinner, shows, more martinis, vacation! :D

You don't have to take your lifejackets to muster any more :)

We have FTTF so go to the cabin and drop our stuff off and then go grab some food and drinks. Walk around a bit. Go back to the cabin and hang out on the balcony, wait for muster.

Edited by losijon

First things first. Dump the bags in my cabin. Do a quick cabin inspection to make sure there are no unpleasant surprises. Cabins have always been spotless. However, I do an air conditioning check. I'm one of those who like my cabin cold. If I feel it is not chilled to my standards. Anything above 72 F without a fan is an issue, I'm on the horn for maintenance. I also try to introduce myself to my steward. Usually they introduce themselves to me first. I'm a chowhound so you know a food rendezvous is in the offing but, I'm off to the spa deck. Because on Carnival ships the spa therapists give mini samples of hot stone massages, bamboo massages etc. Also this is the time where spa treatment deals are there for the booking. In addition I enter the raffle and find out the time when they raffle them off which is really fun. I've never won anything but, I'm due. You must be present to win though you turned in a raffle entry. By then, believe it or not it's time to sail, I've chowed down on some great food, visited the spa, make a pit stop in my cabin and folks it's time for muster drills. Hope this helps and enjoy.

Drunk by dinner, passed out by 9....

I rarely drink, and forget how strong they are (to me at least)

Out of my system, and never drunk again onboard.

Sadly, not a joke... 4 for 4...each time I say I won't do it... and it happens anyway

This is my plan/not plan too. Actually saves me a lot of $$$$ on the rest of the cruise since I have NO desire to ever drink again! Then.....Next cruise, hop on board, super duper happy to be on vacation, so I have a drink or 10 to celebrate & here we go again. Pretty much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You don't have to take your lifejackets to muster any more :)

thanks for the reminder! i go back and forth between different lines so i never remember which ones require and which dont. if i remember correctly, NCL actually does muster drills in lounges and restaurants instead of making you stand in tight lines on deck, which is extra nice! but i get them all confused!

small price to pay for cruising at least once a year though, dont you think? ;)

This trip we are taking sans kids ... so... uh .... *ahem*

[emoji56] [emoji484] [emoji485] [emoji483] [emoji481] [emoji484] [emoji481] [emoji7] [emoji8] [emoji12] [emoji41] [emoji488] [emoji487] [emoji492] [emoji509] [emoji509] [emoji509] [emoji509] [emoji509] [emoji509]

[emoji42]

Not necessarily in that order.

That was too funny! You are very creative LOL!