What do you like to do FIRST!

MaiTaiMary

As soon, as I step onboard, I go to the Purser's Desk (aka Guest Services) and get a hole punched in my S&S Card and put said card on my lanyard. Then, I go to my cabin and drop my stuff off (I'm Platinum), then head up to Lido for a DOD and some lunch. After that, I grab another DOD and either chat to people at the bar (I love talking to people and making new friends) or wander around the ship until it's time for Muster. Then, it's back to Lido for another couple DODs while enjoying the sail away party. That's when the cruise officially begins IMO!!!! :D This routine might change on my next cruise since I'm planning on getting the Cheers Package and I have to work buying that in there somehow. 15 DAYS till I get to do this all over again, can't wait!!!! :D

wow, lots of great tips here!

This will be our first cruise so thanks. I had not thought about getting a lanyard to bring, sounds like a good idea.

We will be arriving fairly early, our flight gets into Houston at 9:30am and we paid for transport shuttle. I am thinking that will get us to the ship and checked in before noon. Will our room be ready by then? Or do we need to carry around our carryons and camera bag until after lunch.

What time is the Muster Drill?

• 4 weeks later...

take our carry on by the room since we are allowed now, use to check out dining before atd, now we go to explore ship and stop by lido to check out the food, fish and chips or guys, so many choices and then find a seat and watch other when they come aboard.

Great thread..

We go straight to our cabin take out a few clothes we don't want too wrinkled and use disinfection wipes on the phone, Tv Remote, etc.... I bring a charging strip and I get that set so our phones/tablets can charge.

Then it's a little lunch, a little exploration especially if a new ship to us, and get ready for the Bon Voyage - waving to everyone etc.... (I know like little kids lol)

Edited by Tampa8

We'll be celebrating two things on our cruise aboard the Elation in TWO WEEKS NOW!!! 👏👏🙌🙌 1. Our honeymoon and 2. My new husbands' first time ever cruising, we got FTTF (the last one as of yesterday after waiting 4ever and they were always sold out, don't know if they'll putting anymore out since it's so close to cruising) so the first thing we're doing is dropping off our carry on bags which I also have some honeymoon and cruise surprises waiting there for him 😉 after the "I love you's" and kisses from said surprises. LoL. We'll go put money on our sail & sign account then lido for lunch....the Elation does have the Mongolian Wok which will give a chance to try it before it gets crowded, when I sailed the Magic it stayed crowded! But I want the deli as well. My husband to be said he was getting that so I'm aiming towards the deli and just eat a little of his. LoL. After lunch we'll go to MDR to request a table for two, we both don't mind dining with others but considering the occasion we want a table for just us then the moment I've been waiting for....DOD!!!! Maybe two 😂😂😂 then head back to the room to unpack and a little QT before sail away and first nights' dinner 😊😊😊. Wedding is 11/8, set sail 11/10....we're both so ready for this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We'll be celebrating two things on our cruise aboard the Elation in TWO WEEKS NOW!!! 👏👏🙌🙌 1. Our honeymoon and 2. My new husbands' first time ever cruising, we got FTTF (the last one as of yesterday after waiting 4ever and they were always sold out, don't know if they'll putting anymore out since it's so close to cruising) so the first thing we're doing is dropping off our carry on bags which I also have some honeymoon and cruise surprises waiting there for him 😉 after the "I love you's" and kisses from said surprises. LoL. We'll go put money on our sail & sign account then lido for lunch....the Elation does have the Mongolian Wok which will give a chance to try it before it gets crowded, when I sailed the Magic it stayed crowded! But I want the deli as well. My husband to be said he was getting that so I'm aiming towards the deli and just eat a little of his. LoL. After lunch we'll go to MDR to request a table for two, we both don't mind dining with others but considering the occasion we want a table for just us then the moment I've been waiting for....DOD!!!! Maybe two 😂😂😂 then head back to the room to unpack and a little QT before sail away and first nights' dinner 😊😊😊. Wedding is 11/8, set sail 11/10....we're both so ready for this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congratulations! Have fun!:D

I have a process.

1) Take glass-elevator (no exceptions the first time you're onboard) to the deck your room is on.

2) Drop off stuff in room (always FTTF) Actually, ours was ready at 11:30 we just didn't make a spectacle that we weren't FTTF that ONE time. :D

3) Change into bathing suit

4) Head to Guy's.

5) Find a deck chair.

6) Boom

I tour the ship and stuff later that night. As long as I know where Guy's is and there's an open deck chair I'm set. :D

Best feeling the world is the first couple hours. Waited so long to relax, you're on a luxary boat, especially if it's hot but cold at home, god I love it. 27 days left :D:D:D:D

• 8 months later...

Platinum so straight to the cabin. Check out the bed linens before the steward gets off duty. Start sanitizing the room, head for lunch and a lounger to watch the faces of the folks getting on board. Mustard drill, sail away and begin dreading that the cruise is going by too fast, lol!

Walk through the doors to the atrium, look for the first waiter and grab that first drink. Then drop off luggage in room, drink still in hand, and head to the Lido deck, find a table on the edge of the pool area for lunch and another drink. The sail away party has begun.

Get a "I'm on vacation" drink! Then we go to lunch.

This cruise we have FTTF so we will go to our cabin and drop off luggage, take bragging pictures, then go to lunch and get a drink. I always enjoy calling family and letting them know we are boarded onto the ship and also sending pictures of our cabin and view of our balcony so they can be super jealous too :)

What do you like to do as soon as you board your Carnival ship? Tell me about the first couple of hours. :D

Dump the bags, check out the balcony, head for the Lido, get out first Foo Foo, set up out chair camp, and then head for lunch.

We go to the room to drop off our carry ons and meet the cabin stewart.

Then I FUMIGATE the room as we leave to go eat lunch on the lido.

I am not saying that the rooms are dirty but I feel much better if I put my santizing touch on the room

Drop off carry on stuff, grab a drink, grab a table, call family & let them know we're boarded safe & sound, grab some lunch, another drink, take & post all the "Yay vacation begins!!!" pics, take a nap (though this time I might skip the nap, last cruise nap was 10 hours long! I don't sleep THAT much in a week!) unpack, then plan our sea day before we go to dinner in the steakhouse.

Usually, it has been straight to Lido for a cheeseburger for me and a hot dog for DW. Then go to cabin, unpack any luggage that is there, muster, sail away, dinner, etc. This year may be different, considering we are sailing out of San Juan with 2 cruise virgins (SIL and BIL).