What do you like to do FIRST!

MaiTaiMary

Reading what all of you do first is just making me so excited. We leave on Thursday and I can't wait.

On my first cruise we went to the Lido deck for lunch, went to the Serenity Deck to soak up some sun then they called for the Muster Drill. After that we went to get ready for dinner. We didn't get to hear the horn blow after the Muster since our ship was delayed since they were loading heavy equipment on the ship. We didn't leave until 8:00 P.M. So I am looking forward to hearing that this time. :)

Using my FTTF, I drop off my stuff in the cabin, go to the interior smoking area, have a smoke, go up to the lido for lunch, go for another smoke, and then go up to the lido deck and watch the ooh and ahs! arrive. Once smoking is allowed on deck I will order an NA pina colada, sit back, and say, whew! I am on vacation! Then I stay in the permanent happy mode for the next 5 days. I let go of what I have to do, and get involved with the want to do!

59 more days! Cant wait!

Great thread by the way!

Ditto:D

We always wear our swimsuits onboard and find a hot tub to spend an afternoon in. We wait for the waiter to come by an order our DOD. We stay in the hot tub until they get crowded.

On our next cruise we'll have our first FTTF and our first balcony so we'll have to find a new routine. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Drop off luggage and head to the lido for a quick lunch before it gets crowded. We then like to explore the ship and take pictures while most of the public spaces are empty. Leaving in a little more than a month, can't wait!

I usually board the ship with my hand open to the exact position/size of a hurricane glass...I then seek out any person that can put a kiss on the lips or strawberry daiquiri in said glass and give to me so I can appease my hand. :D

Then we get lunch, unpack and explore.

DOD and lunch. DW loves to unpack and get the room set up ready for our week to come. Like to take lots of photos of the many parts of the ship. I actually look forward to the muster drill (which I know most do not) because at the end they blow the ship's horn and that is the sound I really have been waiting the weeks and months previous for.

Very first though - DOD in hand

(this might change for our upcoming cruise since we will "faster to fun"ing so I will probably be helping DW unpack very first thing)

Hi Nick! What does DOD mean?

And I'm SO excited to hear the horn!!!

Cathy

Hello KPfromCT.

Can you please tell me what is a DOD and a FTTF. Obviously I am new to CCL. Thank you!

Sorry, I was too late, but flcruiser08 answered your questions.:o:D

Hendrika

Faster to the fun, and drink if the day

Thank you!!!!:D:D

This trip we are taking sans kids ... so... uh .... *ahem*

[emoji56] [emoji484] [emoji485] [emoji483] [emoji481] [emoji484] [emoji481] [emoji7] [emoji8] [emoji12] [emoji41] [emoji488] [emoji487] [emoji492] [emoji509] [emoji509] [emoji509] [emoji509] [emoji509] [emoji509]

[emoji42]

Not necessarily in that order.

I go to customer service and get my card punched to put on my lanyard. Then I drop my bag in cabin and go to deli for a Turkey n Swiss on a country roll (cold) with some potato salad from the buffet line.

If by myself I will usually take a nap until muster drill.

Sounds like most people do the basic things.....drop off luggage, grab a DOD and some lunch, walk around and check out the ship, but I usually make it a point to call a friend or two just to rub in the fact that I am going on a cruise!! Sometimes I call my kids (adults) at work too!:D

This is easy. Get on the Boat.... head to the room change my cloths then go down to the Gallery Room and get married to my best friend. Then party in the disco with our friends and family.:D

Congrats!

This time, because of FTTF, we'll go to our cabin and check that out. Drop off carry ons. Head to the Lido for lunch, prob Guy's or Blue Iguana. Pay for Cheers and get a drink. Then get another drink and do whatever til Muster. Sailaway will be on our balcony all by ourselves. Oh yeah...relaxing!

Go to our cabin, unpack, get situated, and hit the ironing stations! We like to iron everything right away so we don't have to wait in line or iron everyday. Sounds really nerdy, right? :rolleyes:

Our ironing duties are followed by lunch though...smoked salmon on a bagel, a plate of fries, and a few drinks! Yum! :D