No sea days

Sorry Muffin

I did a 14 day cruise that had 7 ports back to back in the middle. By port number 5 or 6 I was so tired of sightseeing I would have loved a sea day. My attitude has become never again, need a break to appreciate what I'm seeing.

I know what you mean. We took a 14 night cruise from Barcelona to Venice and the first six days were port days. Although we enjoyed the ports, we were very happy to finally have a sea day where we could relax and do nothing if we wanted. Then we had another three ports days in a row, followed by two more sea days. Those last two sea days were bliss!

Dumb example. Most cruises that go to your example port have multiple sea days in their itinerary. Next time, at least make an effort to use a better example when you are making a sarcastic criticism of another member's humorous comment. :rolleyes:

Dead wrong on that one. The two ships with the most port calls in FP are the Windstar and the Paul Gauguin. Neither have a single sea day. I don't consider a cruise that travels from LA to Asia with a port call in Tahiti to be a French Polynesian cruise.

Dead wrong on that one. The two ships with the most port calls in FP are the Windstar and the Paul Gauguin. Neither have a single sea day. I don't consider a cruise that travels from LA to Asia with a port call in Tahiti to be a French Polynesian cruise.

You know you are grasping at straws to make your point, don't you? Yes, these two lines serve that small area, but only during island exclusive cruises. They have sea days when they sail to and sail back for the cruising season there. But, if it makes you feel a better person, I will defer to your very specific, very isolated, very infrequent example. That virtually 98% of all other cruises have sea days is of no consequence. You win. I bow to your superiority in absolute deference.

royalty-free-bowing-clipart-illustration-437317.jpg

Edited by fortinweb

You know you are grasping at straws to make your point, don't you? Yes, these two lines serve that small area, but only during island exclusive cruises. They have sea days when they sail to and sail back for the cruising season there. But, if it makes you feel a better person, I will defer to your very specific, very isolated, very infrequent example. That virtually 98% of all other cruises have sea days is of no consequence. You win. I bow to your superiority in absolute deference.

OK, then let's take the Caribbean--highest number of cruisers of any part of the world. Have fun using your trains, buses, and cars. And yes, there are several cruises that have ports every day in the Caribbean.

For me, the least amount of sea days the better. I have been on cruises where we have a different port every day and I loved it. My next cruise next month only has one sea day of the seven days. Some people love sea days, some of us don't. I prefer waking up in a different port each day. I've never found these cruises to be too tiring. Quite the opposite. I don't feel the need to plan out excursions at each port. I always seem to play it by ear and see how I feel when I get there. Sometimes I might want to do a bit of sightseeing. Other times maybe the beach and or some shopping. Just doing as I please and taking things as they come is quite relaxing to me.

For me, the least amount of sea days the better. I have been on cruises where we have a different port every day and I loved it. My next cruise next month only has one sea day of the seven days. Some people love sea days, some of us don't. I prefer waking up in a different port each day. I've never found these cruises to be too tiring. Quite the opposite. I don't feel the need to plan out excursions at each port. I always seem to play it by ear and see how I feel when I get there. Sometimes I might want to do a bit of sightseeing. Other times maybe the beach and or some shopping. Just doing as I please and taking things as they come is quite relaxing to me.

I think it depends on any number of things. If most of your ports are beach days then having no sea days won't matter. If most of your ports are European cities, not having a day to rest can be exhausting.

You both need to chill out. Hit the bar and start enjoying your cruise without judging every little difference of opinion of your fellow cruise.

You are on a CRUISE SHIP. It's those sea days that have the real feeling of being on a cruise. Otherwise, you might as well take a train or bus to the next destination. :D

I don't like sea days. I am much happier when the boat serves as transportation overnight, and I get to a new location in the morning than I am when the boat slows down to artificially increase the time between destinations.

It would be very difficult to take a train or bus around the galapagos, or from St. Thomas to Tortola.

I suppose I could take a plane each night between destinations but I sleep much better on a cruise ship than a plane, and the cruise is much cheaper.

"Real feeling of being on a cruise" is what YOUR feeling of being on a cruise is. It isn't what everybody feels. Some of us feel that a cruise is a means of transportation. I definitely agree with the person who sees sea days as wasted vacation days. I equate them to a day on a land vacation where I never leave the hotel. (Which except when sick, I've never done.)

Edited by skittl1321

You both need to chill out. Hit the bar and start enjoying your cruise without judging every little difference of opinion of your fellow cruise.

Keep in mind that one of these posters wrote something in jest and used the :D icon at the end, and the other replied with a challenge to that comment and followed it by the :rolleyes: icon. Seems like only one of these two posters needs to chill out since the first poster was already "chill" before being answered with sarcasm by the second.

Full disclosure: I enjoy sea days as much as port days, so you know who's side I am on. :D:);)

Edited by swsfrail