Captain Albert Back Onboard

BSinPNS

Can Captain Albert be called Captain when he is onboard a ship when there is a Captain (Master) on board in command already. Can't have 2 Captains in command of a ship. Would he still wear the stripes of a Captain.

Yeah he can, and he is because that's his rank

There is only one Master on MADM, however, and that's Captain Jutten

We were on the Amsterdam for a week during Captain Albert's time on that ship in July. Since he was not master of the vessel, he was not in uniform.

I suspect, however, that his rank is still Captain - but do not know for sure.

Possibly a question for Copper 10-8?

Can Captain Albert be called Captain when he is onboard a ship when there is a Captain (Master) on board in command already. Can't have 2 Captains in command of a ship. Would he still wear the stripes of a Captain.

As others have said, captain is his rank. But he is not sailing the Maasdam. He is conducting training. So he's not in charge of the ship or its crew

Charles

Good to see Captain Albert blogging. I do enjoy reading it. And I am very much enjoying his journey on the Maasdam. :D

I have never met Captain Jutten. The three times I have sailed on the Maasdam have been with Captain Ane Smit, so I have gotten to know Captain Smit quite well, along with Staff Captain Craig Ravesloot. Maasdam always feels like home to me now. I seem to have a knack for going when Captain Smit and SC Craig Ravesloot are both there though. ;) Very interesting considering their overlap is not very long.

I won't get to visit them much anymore as I am preparing to go to nautical school myself next year. I hope one day to be an officer with Holland America. Although, I do need to come up with some extra money as the good Staff Captain has insisted I return. :rolleyes: I believe he is still onboard at this time and I know he returns in mid December, I will need to plan accordingly. When does Captain Ane Smit return? :p

Would Capt. Albert would have got a promotion or demotion going from Captain to Trainer? After the incident on the Prinsendam and going for more training and then going to the Statendam which is the oldest vessel in fleet after the Prinsendam. I would think this would be a demotion.

Would Capt. Albert would have got a promotion or demotion going from Captain to Trainer? After the incident on the Prinsendam and going for more training and then going to the Statendam which is the oldest vessel in fleet after the Prinsendam. I would think this would be a demotion.

OK, I'll bite - what incident on the Prinsendam?