Did that cruise really happen? Or was it a dream?

AlohaPride

Mary,

What a great report for families to see that cruising is possible with small children. Yes, it takes patience, as you experienced when they needed naps or didn't feel well. But your planning ahead for the shore times made it fun for them - you pretty much did child-centered activities and that kept it fun for them. So many drag their kids around on adult bus trips etc. and then they have bored, crabby kids.

The fact that they WANTED to go to Club HAL speaks volumes for the program. What a great deal - it is free - and allowed you to have the adult time you needed.

Your report also included admission prices and choices you made about that. Multiplying things times 5 adds up and this is a good guide for families to plan costs - a lot of costs over the cruise fare when you add it all up. It should be a sticky or a HALfacts for family cruising.

Thank you again for taking the time to do this - but shame on you for not letting us see those cute girls all dressed up on formal night! Ha Ha! Next time you have a special occasion at home, take a pic and post it so we can all see.

It's been such fun taking your cruise through your reports. Thanks for all your efforts to get this posted, while still having family visiting and kids to settle back in. I don't know where you find the energy!

Can't wait until I can cruise with you again (Hannah was a perfect roomie ;)).

Mary

Thank you for taking the time to post all your commentary and super photos!

We've stayed at the Empress many times. It is a lovely hotel and at Christmas they really go over the top!

Recommend that you choose a room in the old section as they are much nicer, beautifully and more comfortably furnished.

Considering your Hawaii-girl status, be aware that it can get COLD in Victoria in the winter. We have been there in the snow and our camera shutter froze (this was a while ago!). We had to go back to the hotel and let it warm up!

Normally Victoria is not the Arctic, but it does snow and get cool once in a while in the winter. Otherwise it just rains and it is not a warm rain!

Thanks again for this thread!!

Thank you for posting your trip report, Mary. We haven't seen you since the Noordam, when Hanna was just a toddler. Two more beautiful daughters have arrived since then. That is a cruise I would like to take, but I'll have to twist Bob's arm, since he likes to be home for summer golfing. :)

Thank you so very much Mary (even though we have never met) for the in depth report of your cruise including all your pictures. It brought back many memories of our cruise to Alaska back in 2006 and I truly enjoyed revisiting it through you and your family. Might I add you truly have a beautiful family!

Thanks for all the posts and pictures we have a 14night round trip out of Seattle planned for the summer of 2015 and are thinking we will travel to Seattle 2 nights before the ship departs so we can explore the city. We are not sure if we should stay in downtown or closer to the airport or the cruise port.

Thanks again the pictures are great we are looking forward to our trip.

Thanks for all the posts and pictures we have a 14night round trip out of Seattle planned for the summer of 2015 and are thinking we will travel to Seattle 2 nights before the ship departs so we can explore the city. We are not sure if we should stay in downtown or closer to the airport or the cruise port.

Thanks again the pictures are great we are looking forward to our trip.

Staying near the airport and taking a shuttle to the pier saved us a TON of money. We might actually go back to Alaska in 3 years instead of 5 LOL