Guarantee

wrongwaywatson

I just called the travel agency we used in the past, and I got some info that sounded not exactly correct. I was getting pricing for a Crown Princess cruise next March and I asked about getting a Guarantee, instead of a room and she told me that they don't do that? That you have to pick a room? I said it wasn't like that last year and she said that you had to pick a room. Did something change or is she wrong? Thanks

I just called the travel agency we used in the past, and I got some info that sounded not exactly correct. I was getting pricing for a Crown Princess cruise next March and I asked about getting a Guarantee, instead of a room and she told me that they don't do that? That you have to pick a room? I said it wasn't like that last year and she said that you had to pick a room. Did something change or is she wrong? Thanks

Your TA is incorrect. Find a new one quick!

Run!!! Dont walk to fFind a new TA.

I have been on about 20 cruises, many lines, and I just booked a guarantee on Princess - my first - hope it works, not used to not knowing what room I will have - floor etc.

so, think your travel agent is not up to speed on Princess cruises at least.

Actually the TA might be correct for the specific cruise or category you were looking at.

If you go directly on-line into the Princess booking engine, sometimes there will be button to select a guarantee for a certain category and sometimes there isn't. I randomly picked a Caribbean cruise for next year and the guarantee wasn't an option at this time (no button was available to select a guarantee).

Actually the TA might be correct for the specific cruise or category you were looking at.

If you go directly on-line into the Princess booking engine, sometimes there will be button to select a guarantee for a certain category and sometimes there isn't. I randomly picked a Caribbean cruise for next year and the guarantee wasn't an option at this time (no button was available to select a guarantee).

Finally an answer that is helpful, and not a lemming

and guarantee cabins are the same price as choosing a cabin.

I'm usually booking closer to sailing when some categories are sold out so a guarantee is all that is available....THAT should have been what your travel agent told you...that you are unable to book a guarantee at this time but that usually closer in to sailing they are available.