The food was HORRIBLE!!!!

princessh

Sorry the food was horrible for your cruise. Some weeks it's just off. We seem to do almost B2Bs. Food good one cruise, a few weeks later something is 'off'. No idea why. Same ship, same ports. Maybe change of chef? We encountered truly horrible buffet food on our 25th Carnival cruise on the Imagination. MDR was slightly better. Haven't sailed that ship again.

DDtheYounger also suffers from treenut allergies and also to peanuts.

She's been able to get 99% of the menu tweaked due to her allergies.

All buffets have issues, whether on sea or on land. She'd rather have an 'I don't know' than a potentially deadly answer.

Who were you asking? Waiters wouldn't know. Need to ask for the lido chef. Cross contamination, from fellow pax, is a huge problem.

FWIW you missed nothing by not having the chocolate buffet. It's purely a feast for the eyes, a big disappointment for the palate.

Yes I did notify Carnival of my allergy prior to sailing. They were wonderfully accommodating in the main dining room. I did try the pizza and it was ok. As well as the deli grill. Personally though I did not spend all this money to eat a sandwich every day. I kept ordering the salad and the chicken, cause I had to eat something. While I know the allergy affected many of my choices, I was not the only one who was unhappy about the food in my group and on my cruise. Also I did not say everything was horrible... just most of it. While I understand everyone has different tastes, I did not care for the lack of options, and quality of the food. I can walk into any restaurant in the US ( including fast food) and find something I like, I was hard pressed to find good options on board.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

You did say in the title that the food was horrible.

Been on 25 or so cruises with Carnival and from time to time not happy with an entre and it is very easy to call over the headwaiter and ask for something else.

Something simple like a steak or salmon or chicken breast has worked when this has happened.

We were on the Breeze 3 weeks ago. My son has Celiac (so has to be gluten free or gets very, very sick). They were wonderful. We talked to the assistant head waiter right after boarding (Natasa) and she made sure we were taken care of the entire cruise.

Having said that, did you try the Italian restaurant? Lunch was free every day there. My son couldn't eat safely at the buffet so we had 4 of our 6 lunches there.

I guess we have lower standards because I can't think of one thing we didn't like.

We just got back from out first Carnival Cruise on the Breeze. We have sailed both Disney and Royal Caribbean prior. Let me start off by saying how much we loved the ship. They layout was great. We had an aft balcony and loved the layout of the room, albeit the aft balcony was a little smaller than the DCL and RCCL aft balconies. They staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Our only complaint was the food. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!! We only had one night were we enjoyed the dinner. I am not picky about the quality of the food, but this was bad. Most nights I ordered the chicken ceaser salad, a plain chicken breast and fries. The ceaser salad was so bland there was no taste to it. Most nights the chicken was so rough and over cooked, I could hardly cut it. While our wait staff was wonderful, I found the selection to be bad. The food on the other areas of the ship were just as bad. The selection at the market place buffet was the worst I have ever seen. We even decided to have dinner at the Italian restaurant and pay the upcharge. The food was just as bad there. My biggest complaint is how my tree nut allergy was handled. Our dinning room server was wonderful. He gave me a menu the night before so I could pre order my meal and make sure it is prepared with out any nuts. My complaint is geared toward the buffet area. The foods were not properly labeled. When asked if an item had tree nuts, I was told they were unsure. Some would go ask the chef, where others simply said they did not know. On our last sea day, we went to enjoy the chocolate buffet. 1 item, only 1 out of many items did not contain nuts. I ended up getting fruit....no chocolate for me. My only positive food experience was Breakfast. At least I got 1 good meal a day. That and room service. Several nights after dinner I would order a sandwich from room service so I did not go to sleep hungry. My husband and I really enjoyed the cruise and would love to sail CCL again. Is this experience normal for a Carnival Cruise? We did hear lots of people complaining how bad the food was. For us, food is one of our favorite parts of cruising. I would love to hear your feedback if this is the norm for CCL

And yet you could not think of a better title for your post? :cool:

We have had things we like and things we do not. And that is true of any restaurant. I cruise for other reasons. Food is not my driving factor. I can eat any where. ;)

On our first two Carnival cruises I found the food very good. Plenty of options made deciding difficult. I will say the last three weren't as good. I was just not a fan of the whole "comfort food" selections. I can make meatloaf and fried chicken at home. I want to try different things on a cruise. Things that are less every day. The food is okay but, nothing spectacular. We did very much enjoy our dinner at the steakhouse on the Dream though.

OP limited their menu/buffet choices due to nuts .

Hardly a good review of food for any cruise.

As said before , food reviews are soooooo different that it is hardly

a valuable review.

For everyone that hates it , others love it . same cruise ?

Okay , CCL not good for nut allergies .

I am confused? If most nights you ordered the caesar salad and plain chicken breast and fries, how can you say all the food was horrible? Why would you order the same thing every night when you said they gave you a menu each night for the next day?

sailed with a friend who is Lactose intolerant... Every night, the Dining room manager came to our table to help him with the menu for the next evening.

He managed to gain 5 lbs on the Breeze.

Me? I dont live to eat. I think I had a better meal at the buffet on formal night.. a nice fresh salad, a baked potato and turkey... only because...that was what I wanted... :)

That's NUTS!, and this is just a HORRIBLE post!!! :eek: Sorry your food allergy couldn't be accommodated to your liking. When I just recently booked, my PVP asked (as he always does) if I have any "special needs" and/or "food allergies". I would assume there would be some sort of "flag" attached to your name to bring that to the MD attention. I do remember seeing signs on specific items before (prepared with peanut products) at the buffet.

I'll be on the BREEZE on Sunday and guess I'll just need to see for myself. Looking forward to it. I've sailed Royal & Norwegian. Aside from the dirty plates on two different Royal nights, I have found the food just fine on all of them.

Many people cruise for:

1. Food. Large amount of food, that one would not normally eat, and 3 meals a day. Since Carnival cut back on their budgets, the quality has gone down.

2. Entertainment. Carnival removed the good entertainment, and replaced it with DJ's, and video screens.

Everyone is sorry for the poster, but they did not ask for symphathy? Or did I miss it. They wanted to state a fact, that the quality of food was below what they have received on other lines. I agree. I feel sorry for the poster, to have all these people saying they are sorry, like maybe they work for the cruise line, and they will do something about it.

Many people cruise for:

1. Food. Large amount of food, that one would not normally eat, and 3 meals a day. Since Carnival cut back on their budgets, the quality has gone down.

2. Entertainment. Carnival removed the good entertainment, and replaced it with DJ's, and video screens.

Everyone is sorry for the poster, but they did not ask for symphathy? Or did I miss it. They wanted to state a fact, that the quality of food was below what they have received on other lines. I agree. I feel sorry for the poster, to have all these people saying they are sorry, like maybe they work for the cruise line, and they will do something about it.

Did you read the same replies I did? :confused:

Yes I did notify Carnival of my allergy prior to sailing. They were wonderfully accommodating in the main dining room. I did try the pizza and it was ok. As well as the deli grill. Personally though I did not spend all this money to eat a sandwich every day. I kept ordering the salad and the chicken, cause I had to eat something. While I know the allergy affected many of my choices, I was not the only one who was unhappy about the food in my group and on my cruise. Also I did not say everything was horrible... just most of it. While I understand everyone has different tastes, I did not care for the lack of options, and quality of the food. I can walk into any restaurant in the US ( including fast food) and find something I like, I was hard pressed to find good options on board.

Sorry but saying that Carnival is worse than fast food is just crazy... I know food is VERY subjective, but come on, it is not that bad. I for one really enjoy the food on Carnival, and find it better than RCL, but that's just my opinion... However, I don't understand how anyone can say that ANY cruise line is worse than fast food, or inedible, etc. But to each his own I guess :confused:

Many people cruise for:

Which "fact" did this OP state? All I and others read was their OPINION of the food on the Breeze..an opinion not shared by many others.

Which "fact" did this OP state? All I and others read was their OPINION of the food on the Breeze..an opinion not shared by many others.

Exactly. The OP's food allergies are definitely unfortunate. It seems the OP ate a very limited diet while on the Breeze and then proceeds to judge all of Carnival's food offerings from it.

That is as about as accurate as going to your favorite steakhouse, ordering the vegetarian entree and declaring the steakhouse isn't fit for human consumption and you've had shoe leather that is tenderer. The OP never gave Carnival a chance, whether due to allergies or other food choices.

Maybe the food on the Breeze really does suck, but eating a Caesar salad, grilled chicken breast and fries every day is hardly a broad sampling.

We've said for many years that people who cruise for food are going to be bummed out once they get on board! All cruise food is just OK, but I didn't cook it and don't have to clean it up. I don't agree it's worse than fast food, though, and we much prefer CCL to RCCL's food any day of the week. We've cruised them both enough to know. RCCL has the blandest food of any line!

Did you bother with the salad bar? Fruit? Pizza? Deli? Italian? (it's free at lunch) Steakhouse? Guy's Burgers? (we're not huge fans, but they're decent as far as non-grilled burgers go) :confused:

We've only been on 1 cruise out of many that the food was truly bad and even then, we always found something palatable. (RCCL's Mariner)

Sorry your experience was so horrible. :)