MTD with group of 8

cocoabeana

You will arrive at the same time, and ask for a table for 8....just like in any restaurant....bear in mind that larger tables are rare, so a reservation is a good idea. You do not have to "link" your bookings, or do anything special... One of you make a reservation for 8...and all of you show up...that's it! You do NOT need to do this in advance.

Edited by cb at sea

You didn't mention which ship you were sailing. Make reservations or go with traditional dining.

2 weeks ago we sailed Allure (4 of us) and had a terrible wait without reservations. There was party of 6 in front of us that waited nearly an hour. We never had this problem previously. Otherwise dinner was great!

Enjoy

We were a party of 7, so were looking to be sat at a table for 8. Even WITH reservations, it was hard to deal with the table at the start of the cruise. They often tried to seat us at tables for 10 or 12 and it just didn't work. Make the reservation and then really get to the dining room within 5 min of the time, or we found that they gave away our designated table.

We were a party of 7, so were looking to be sat at a table for 8. Even WITH reservations, it was hard to deal with the table at the start of the cruise. They often tried to seat us at tables for 10 or 12 and it just didn't work. Make the reservation and then really get to the dining room within 5 min of the time, or we found that they gave away our designated table.

Yes hard even with Traditional dinning. Even harder with MTD as there's less floor space to accommodate larger tables due to the fact that MTD is generally located on the deck that looks down into the main floor of the dinning room. T

OP needs to remember that with just showing up for MTD the whole party needs to be present before the Matre'd will seat them.

We are a group of 8 that want to use MTD. How do I prebook the reservations online if we are 4 seperate reservations? Do I need everyones reservation number in order to have a table for 8?

Thanks for the help!

For a group of 8 I'll recommend to reserve table in advance - then you need to link the four reservation - depending on how you have made the reservation you can do it on-line or you have to call RCCL - see in your reservation under 'Preferences & Requests'. You can always make changes to the reservation when onboard.

We were a group of nine several years ago; two adults, 7 kids. We were very lucky in that we had the same large round table and waiters every night, and we did not reserve ahead of time.

We did eat early--6-ish--every night because the kids had lots they wanted to do in the evening. They seemed to kind of keep that table for us; at least it was always there and waiting, even if we came at 6:30 rather than six.

The wait team was so fantastic with the kids--made dining very special.

We are a group of 8 that want to use MTD. How do I prebook the reservations online if we are 4 seperate reservations? Do I need everyones reservation number in order to have a table for 8?

Thanks for the help!

When you book MTD online you will have the opportunity to add guests from other reservations.

The initial reservation forces you to book the same night at the same time for the entire cruise. You can then go back and alter or cancel individual reservations.

The reservation process can't handle more than 32 guests in any one reservation. Assuming a 7 night cruise you'll need to book 4 guests in the initial reservation (4 x 7 = 28). You can then go into each evening's reservation to add extra guests and modify the time.

We are a group of 12. We always use traditional dining and book our cruises 1.5-2 years in advance. We've never had a problem. We have yet to sail on a boat that doesn't offer traditional dining (i.e. Quantum). We are hoping not all the boats change so we don't have to.

Thanks everyone!

We are going on the Allure and I am sure it will be crazy. I plan on making a reservation for 8 at 7:30 for the entire week, then hopefully we won't have any issues.

My husband hates mtd because we usually have issues, but hopefully if i have the same reservation every night it will work out for us!

Thanks Again