Fancy question: Looking for Check-In BING-Sound ?

Hi RCCL Fans,

just to warn you ahead - as follows a fancy question:

I'm looking for the BING sound of the check-in kiosks.

We love to go on board (and leave for a day trip). When you do so, there is a unique BING sound while your sea pass card is checked.

When being back home from one of our cruises, we had the idea to use that BING sound as our notification for any message on our mobile phone.

Guess what: Whenever we now get a new message, we instantly have this unique RCCL WOW-smile on our face ... as our memories are BING-ed back.

Initially we had a not so good recording so we did record it again along our last cruise ... but the quality is still not that good.

So my question:

I think I have heard the BING sound in songs too, but never isolated to use it as a good source. Does anybody know where to get it or how this sound is named so I could search for it ?

Thank you and regards

Christian

Edited by ChristianDecker

https://sites.google.com/site/cruiseshipsounds/

Click on cruise ship card reader

Thank you. A little bit better than my recording but still lots of background noise ;-)

And also I think the DINGs/BINGs have a slightly different sound on the older RCCL ships. I like the newer ones better...

Hi RCCL Fans,

just to warn you ahead - as follows a fancy question:

I'm looking for the BING sound of the check-in kiosks.

We love to go on board (and leave for a day trip). When you do so, there is a unique BING sound while your sea pass card is checked.

When being back home from one of our cruises, we had the idea to use that BING sound as our notification for any message on our mobile phone.

Guess what: Whenever we now get a new message, we instantly have this unique RCCL WOW-smile on our face ... as our memories are BING-ed back.

Initially we had a not so good recording so we did record it again along our last cruise ... but the quality is still not that good.

So my question:

I think I have heard the BING sound in songs too, but never isolated to use it as a good source. Does anybody know where to get it or how this sound is named so I could search for it ?

Thank you and regards

Christian

I did that a few cruises ago, I ensured I had my iPhone voice memo app recording each and every time I got off or on huge ship. Overall the ones I got came out descent. I use the ship "bing" for emails, and even managed to record the "do dooo doooo" tone before announcments as my text message notification.

At work when I get a text message a coworker speaks up, "sssssh the captain is speaking!" :-)

I did that a few cruises ago, I ensured I had my iPhone voice memo app recording each and every time I got off or on huge ship. Overall the ones I got came out descent. I use the ship "bing" for emails, and even managed to record the "do dooo doooo" tone before announcments as my text message notification.

At work when I get a text message a coworker speaks up, "sssssh the captain is speaking!" :-)

Do mind to please share those somehow ? E.g. I'm not sure if it would be ok to upload this to a thread here ?!

PS It's good to finally know that we are not the "only" RCCL "FREAKS" ;-)))

Can you share it? Would LOVE to have that bing sound as my text messages alert!!

Can you share it? Would LOVE to have that bing sound as my text messages alert!!

Ok, I uploaded mine to an upload hoster, as here MP3 is not an allowed attachment type. I hope the following link/hoster is fine and allowed:

RCCL BING

(When being on the site, just press the "Download This File" button)

Ok, I uploaded mine to an upload hoster, as here MP3 is not an allowed attachment type. I hope the following link/hoster is fine and allowed:

RCCL BING

(When being on the site, just press the "Download This File" button)

Can you upload the "do dooo dooo" too?

I have an Android Phone and in the Google Play store is an App called Zedge. I have both the tone when you put your Sea Pass in the Machine to board and the tone when the announcements come on.

Just search Royal Caribbean in the search bar.

The announcement tone they have (http://m.zedge.net/?p=ringtone-1432278) has 4 notes, but I've only heard a three note chime on the ships I've been on.

What a GREAT idea! I "thought" I was totally obsessed with cruising.... Until now! Never gave this a thought! Now totally obsessed TRYING to get these sounds.... Not having any luck tho... Links don't open, downloads don't download.... I am so smartphone illiterate!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In Zedge, try Princess. They have a 3 note ring. It's not quite the same, but it may work for you.

I got the Zedge app... I can not find ANY ship sounds when I search. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have to say, now that I know you can get these alert tones I want one. I'm having some issues with my phone. It's a Pantech Flex and it won't let me change it. I even went to the store for help. The guy said it have to search for notifications sounds not ringtone sounds :confused:

Something to keep me busy for the day right??