Leaving on Sunday.....why do I look at the weather?!?!?!

TandK0826

So, we are cruising on Freedom next week and decided to look at the weather for Bahamas, St Thomas and St Maarten. It is suppose to be raining EVERY day at all three stops and it is like anywhere between 60-80% chance each day. REALLY?!?!?! This stinks!!!! And, if it is raining each day at the ports then I'm sure it will be out in the ocean on the ship too (kids will just love that on pool days) Ugh!! Now I am depressed. Anyone been on a cruise where it rained most of the time? Boy do I feel like a whiner right now....lol. Why did I look at the weather....grrrrr!

The Captain often does try to steer around showers while at sea (where possible). Also remember that in this climate, South Florida included, almost every day at this time of year there is a 60-80% chance of rain on any given day. That does not mean it will rain all day. It often means we will have a morning or afternoon (usually) storm and the rest of the day is sunny. You may be just fine.

You're in luck - the weather usually turns out opposite of the forecast!

Same thing was forecast for us last week on Navigator - rain every day. Turned out one day was a bit overcast and the other days were sunny. The only storm we had was at 2am.

Edited by clarea

Please try not to worry! It is not unusual to have chances of rain everyday. A few years ago we had a forecast exactly like yours.....large chances of rain for 6 out of 7 days. The weather turned out to be a pleasant surprise. We had about a 15 minute shower one day and the rest of the cruise was sunny. Just go with a positive attitude and you will have a great time. :)

It has been my experience when in the Caribbean and looking at weather reports that:

1) the weather report will indicate rain every day

2) it will rain every day

3) the rain will last all of 10 minutes.

Of course, YMMV. Happy cruising!

That has been my experience also.

So, we are cruising on Freedom next week and decided to look at the weather for Bahamas, St Thomas and St Maarten. It is suppose to be raining EVERY day at all three stops and it is like anywhere between 60-80% chance each day. REALLY?!?!?! This stinks!!!! And, if it is raining each day at the ports then I'm sure it will be out in the ocean on the ship too (kids will just love that on pool days) Ugh!! Now I am depressed. Anyone been on a cruise where it rained most of the time? Boy do I feel like a whiner right now....lol. Why did I look at the weather....grrrrr!

A wise Jamaican once told me....

"When da' say it be 60 percent chance O rain.. Da' mean 100 percent chance O rain on 60 percent O de island mon'"

Rain in the tropics is NOTHING like rain up here. RELAX and enjoy your upcoming cruise you lucky duck... I still have to wait 30 more days :D