First Time To Cozumel

jenpatgirl

You cannot Check my post on the Cozumel thread (It must have been removed for some reason!! - I just checked for it and it's not there) - we have been there many times and most ship tours are not very good value. There are many private operators and several have high ratings on the Cruise Critic and tripAdvisor web sites. It all depends on what you want to do while you are there. If you do your own arrangements, use your roll call to find two more couples to make the booking of an A/C van and driver for the day a reasonable cost for all - about $45 PP plus tip. AND..do include the Chocolate Factory in your tour - it's a family operation that is most interesting. OH - and plan on enjoying a Margarita at Coconuts!! (If you have not been to Coconuts, you have not been to Cozumel!!) JMHO - your mileage may vary!

Edited by ccxnola

Taking my first Carnival cruise to Cozumel. What's the best excursion for a couple?

Go to one of the beaches-Paradise/San Fran/Mr. Sancho's~Get the AI package.

Have fun-get a little buzz on, swim, climb the water toys-buy some cheap trinkets...........Once you`re hooked on cruzing~ there`s tyme to do more!

JMHO

Taking my first Carnival cruise to Cozumel. What's the best excursion for a couple?

Define "Best" ? :confused:

Exciting? Party? Romantic? Inexpensive? Pampered? Realxing? Adventurous? Sightseeing?

Coz is an island so most of the independent excursions (please skip the ship's offerings) revolve around the water (snorkel, scuba, fishing, sailing, etc.) or the beach.

Give us some idea of what you want - someone in Coz will likely offer it. :cool:

Cozumel Bar Hop Bus is a great way to see the island (more than just a beach), get to meet fun people, hear a little history of the island and have some local drinks and food and some really fun establishments at "out of the way" places.

I also like the Dune Buggies, X-rails, and Personal Mini-subs.

Paradise Beach is nice. $14 cab, $3 to get in a use a chairs and unbrellas, friendly wait staff, nice pool area, nice beach. Loved the ceviche!! You can also pay $ 14 (instead of the $3) if you want to use all the big floating water toys. We didn't. you can rent jet skis there also. On the beach side, the nice bar had 2 parrots there just hanging out. There are also little tables to use by the chairs. Made eating lunch at the beach a lot easier. Very clean bathrooms, showers, and changing areas.

Been to Cozumel twice with Carnival. Both times booked with shore trips dot com. First time we did an island tour that included a trip to the ruins at San Gervasio, a tour of the tequila factory (not really a factory), a drive along the unincorporated side of the island, a stop in El Cedral and snorkeling at a private resort. Our driver waited for us in the shopping district and then dropped us off at the cruise terminal. We enjoyed it so much. The second trip we went to a private resort with friends for the day and I really felt like they missed out on seeing all the island had to offer. Cozumel is a beautiful island and the people are very friendly. Get out and see the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been to Cozumel twice with Carnival. Both times booked with shore trips dot com. First time we did an island tour that included a trip to the ruins at San Gervasio, a tour of the tequila factory (not really a factory), a drive along the unincorporated side of the island, a stop in El Cedral and snorkeling at a private resort. Our driver waited for us in the shopping district and then dropped us off at the cruise terminal. We enjoyed it so much. The second trip we went to a private resort with friends for the day and I really felt like they missed out on seeing all the island had to offer. Cozumel is a beautiful island and the people are very friendly. Get out and see the island.

I agree. For people who have been there and seen the island, the beach clubs are fine if they just want to hang out and relax and have a beach day. For first timers to the island, I think taking some sort of tour around that includes the "wild" side of the island and it's beach bars, the downtown with its shops and restaurants, along with some of the scenery of the island is a must do.

Definitely the Cozumel Bar Hop.... Away from the touristy part if a Cozumel, and you do not have to drink to appreciate this tour... Windward side of the island with rustic beach bars that provide food, drinks and some of the most beautiful scenery you will ever see... The bar hop crew is great too!!!!!

It depends what you are looking for and what you like to do.

I have been there several times: Chankanaab x2, Mr Sanchos, Nachi Cocom, and Playa Mia. I have reviews with TONS of pictures of each place within the review if you are interested. This time around we are headed to Passion Island (where they filmed one of the Corona commercials). :D So if you are cruising after November, I'll have a review for it as well.

Skip the excursion & get a cab to Paradise Beach for the day. See other posts on it.

The place is great & the pool is awesome in case u tire of the actual beach. Admission is cheap, food is very good & staff very friendly. Check their website also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by jcg4550