Buying liquor while on B2B

cheriberi

I know that Celebrity will hold the liquor that you purchase at one of the ports & return it to you on the last night, but what happens if you buy liquor the first week of the cruise? Will they automatically hold it the second week too & return it at the end of the second week? Just curious.

There has been an occasional poster report here on Cruise Critic that the liquor store was given a list of B2B passengers and they did not receive their purchases at the end of the first cruise. But there's really no way of knowing what will happen on your particular cruise. You will probably get your liquor at the end of the first cruise, but be prepared either way.

One thing to remember about duty and allowances. The exemptions to bring stuff back into the USA is not per cruise but for a rolling 30 day period. So you will get one exemption and have to pay for anything over that.

Don't know if they will catch it but wouldn't want to push it either.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There has been an occasional poster report here on Cruise Critic that the liquor store was given a list of B2B passengers and they did not receive their purchases at the end of the first cruise. But there's really no way of knowing what will happen on your particular cruise. You will probably get your liquor at the end of the first cruise, but be prepared either way.

If flagged on b2b , have one of your cruise mates who's doing first leg only purchase the booze(reimburse please) and pick up from their room on last night.

I don't quite see how that would work, since you wouldn't know if the purchase would be flagged ahead of time. You would just find out on the last night of the cruise when the liquor doesn't arrive at your stateroom.

Not sure how it works with the on-board liquor shop, but we've bought wine at ports on the first leg and it just appeared in our cabin at the end of the first leg of B2B's. Most Celebrity policies on wine/liquor are inconsistent depending on ship, port and perhaps setting of moon. We've put a normal bottle of vodka in our carry on and no one cared; we've brought liquor back to the ship and no one cared even if we told them we had it; we've been stopped and told to check the wine at a table, only to find there was no table so we took it to our room; we've boarded the ship with no search/scanning of our carry on bags at some ports...and we've been asked to check the wine which we've done when asked.

If it's important, then ask someone who is getting of the first leg to buy the liquor on the last night for you. It's easy, straightforward and consistent.

Edited by ghstudio

I wasn't thinking of "sneaking" any alcohol to drink on the second leg because we already have the classic package as a PYP. I am not interested in buying it on the ship. I was just wondering what happens if we buy a bottle or 2 in St. Thomas to bring back home?

I wasn't thinking of "sneaking" any alcohol to drink on the second leg because we already have the classic package as a PYP. I am not interested in buying it on the ship. I was just wondering what happens if we buy a bottle or 2 in St. Thomas to bring back home? Would they return it to us at the end of the second leg rather than the first? Thank you.