Neptune Sparkling Wine?

Kinkajou

"Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation" or so says the Website. Has anyone ever experienced this? Just curious. If the bottle of sparkling wine is in the room instead, they should update the website.

"Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation" or so says the Website. Has anyone ever experienced this? Just curious. If the bottle of sparkling wine is in the room instead, they should update the website.
The two bottles of Chateau Migrane hidden in our Neptune suite became three left there upon our disembarkation. I think HAL would be smart to stop leaving it in the Neptune suites in favor of pouring a glass of decent champagne at the reception.:D

On the Westerdam in January, a bottle of sparkling wine was on ice when I entered my Neptune Suite. I do not recall the label; not an aficianado of that type of wine. Quite drinkable, I thought.

No sparkling wine was offered in the Neptune Lounge when I went to introduce myself to the concierges.

Almost always there has been a Welcome Aboard bottle of sparkling wine in our cabin but a few times there was ALSO a glass offered in Neptune Lounge. I also remember maybe just once of twice when there only was the glass offered. We never drink it so doesn't matter to us either way. Sometimes we'd get a credit toward a bottle of our choice.

Almost always there has been a Welcome Aboard bottle of sparkling wine in our cabin but a few times there was ALSO a glass offered in Neptune Lounge. I also remember maybe just once of twice when there only was the glass offered. We never drink it so doesn't matter to us either way. Sometimes we'd get a credit toward a bottle of our choice.

I agree with Sails, most the time we have had our bottle in the cabin but also have had them serve it in the Neptune on boarding. Only once did we not have a bottle of sparkling wine in our cabin.

I agree with Sails, most the time we have had our bottle in the cabin but also have had them serve it in the Neptune on boarding. Only once did we not have a bottle of sparkling wine in our cabin.

Same here. The last two cruises we had both. Before that, just in the cabin. Had one about 1-2 years ago where none in cabin, just in Neptune (I think that may have been a 5 day Coastal cruise, so perhaps that is why).

It's been Pol Clement for our last few cruises. It's a French sparkling wine made using the Charmat process, aka bulk fermentation. I'd call it "wedding guest toasting wine." We didn't drink it for the longest time, but in 2012 we broke down and tried it. It was better than expected. Don't get me wrong. You certainly wouldn't lead with this wine at a party, but if you are a few hours into the festivities and your guests already sucked down all the good stuff, Pol Clement would be acceptable.

How's that for some highly qualified, kinda sorta, semi-praise-like words of tepid recommendation?

It's been Pol Clement for our last few cruises.

On our Panama cruise, earlier this year, we had Nicolas Feuillatte in our bucket. It was quite good although I rarely have champagne so am far from an expert... Any reviews on that?

On our Panama cruise, earlier this year, we had Nicolas Feuillatte in our bucket. It was quite good although I rarely have champagne so am far from an expert... Any reviews on that?

That's usually the Amex Platinum Champagne. We typically get that (Yay!) and the Pol Clement (Meh.) Unless it's from our TA or American Express, we've always gotten the Holland America house sparkling wine. Of course it's possible that they like you more. ;)

The most recent reviews of Feuillatte gave it 89-92 points on a 100 point scale. Wine Spectator's take:

Rich and creamy, showing the dried fruit, nut and spice notes of fruitcake, with lemon meringue, quince and honey flavors. Clean citrusy acidity integrates beautifully and provides an elegance to this refined Champagne.