Just got booted from my boardwalk balcony

This is just bad business. I think you are very generous. I remember reading something similar happened a couple of years ago. On Legend.

Btw, I wasn't aware there is a public balcony on deck 14 aft? I only heard of 11 and 12.

Edited by mdwcruises

This is just bad business. I think you are very generous. I remember reading something similar happened a couple of years ago. On Legend.

Btw, I wasn't aware there is a public balcony on deck 14 aft? I only heard of 11 and 12.

Much smaller on deck 14 but I have read of others in cabins adjacent to that one on deck 14 who were also relocated

On with TA now we are in 11272 on the 12/6 sailing and they guarantee that the room will be available that week even though they have canceled it on everyone else up until then. We our booking the next sailing right now and if we were going to be moved maybe we could have moved to another cabin closer to our second week. we were looking to be moved on our own terms and not RCI's. I still have my doubts about 11727 being available it's a great room that we had in May hopefully we get to keep it we will have one week Boardwalk and one week Ocean view balcony. Our TA sounds pretty nasty talking to the RCI agent so I hope for her sake they don't move us!

So they wouldnt waive the cancelation fee but they did give us an extra $100 obc which is all i asked for.

It takes the sting away a little anyway

Will keep my eyes open for a better cabin between now and sale date.

That's for all the support and not flaming me for venting.

Bill

Definitely keep an eye on availability and price. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you, and I was able to get a very reasonable upgrade over the weekend.

Edited by Cindy

I am booked in cabin 11329 in Feb and am on the OASIS transatlantic post drydock. I will be visiting the Loyalty Ambassador to first see if these cabin are totally gone, just blocked because of construction and to ask about the new deck plans for that area in order to select a new cabin possibly in that area

Thank you, Emmy! I hope your report is that *our* cabin will sill be available to us in May!:D I will be eagerly awaiting to hear.:D

Sorry I meant 11727 in my post I don't post much and can not figure out how to edit my original post.

That's ok. I figured out what you meant!

Hopefully the info your TA was given is correct and that room will still be available. However, sometimes the Customer Service people are the last ones to really know what is going on.:rolleyes: Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us in the same *boat* (pun intended). ;)

Definitely keep an eye on availability and price. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you, and I was able to get a very reasonable upgrade over the weekend.

I have that in mind, that is why I asked about losing my original $150 obc if i upgraded in another thread.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I'm mad for you. Had a similar experience - but different- on Liberty a few years ago. One day I checked my booking and see that my cabin number changed. I had a suite and was moved to a less desirable suite/location. My TA called RCI and was told that the cabin was being taken out of service for tile work. For two to three weeks. Funny, I tried to book it the week before and after and it was available. I was steaming mad. They didn't notify me then give me a sort of crap answer. My TA took it to the top.. I'm a lawyer so I made a lot of noise. I advised that their story made no sense.

In the end i got my cabin back. Oh and a bottle of champagne for my trouble.

And... A lot of noise from adjoining cabins- where tile work was being completed.

Moral to my story: be careful what you wish for....

So they wouldnt waive the cancelation fee but they did give us an extra $100 obc which is all i asked for.

It takes the sting away a little anyway

Will keep my eyes open for a better cabin between now and sale date.

That's for all the support and not flaming me for venting.

Bill

Hi Bill, I am glad that you got some onboard credit for all of this aggravation. I know that a bunch of us on the roll call are watching the pricing, so I will definitely post over there if I see a big drop on the oceanview balconies.

Lisa

Hi Bill, I am glad that you got some onboard credit for all of this aggravation. I know that a bunch of us on the roll call are watching the pricing, so I will definitely post over there if I see a big drop on the oceanview balconies.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. It is going to have to be a BIG drop for me to even break even on the deal.

I just spoke to my travel agent who told me if I pay to upgrade my cabin I would not only lose my $150 OBC from the WOW sale but also the $100 I just got for being moved out of my cabin.

She said there is nothing further she can do so it looks like I am stuck in that cabin on deck 14.:mad:

Bill

Thanks Lisa. It is going to have to be a BIG drop for me to even break even on the deal.

I just spoke to my travel agent who told me if I pay to upgrade my cabin I would not only lose my $150 OBC from the WOW sale but also the $100 I just got for being moved out of my cabin.

She said there is nothing further she can do so it looks like I am stuck in that cabin on deck 14.:mad:

Bill

I am sure if she pushed the subject she could make it happen. Even if you loose the obc and get a free upgrade it is worth it.

Congrats on the extra OBC, but honestly I think a new TA is in order. Doesn't sound like he/she is doing much to press your case since the problems you have have nothing to do with you changing things, but are purely reacting to what RCI has done. I think he/she needs to grow a pair.... excuse the language, but I think that is the unacceptable part of this mess to me.

jc

Bill

You could also keep an eye out on the BW balconies as we get closer to the sail date and see if any of them become available. How many does your cabin need to sleep? I check pricing daily, so I am happy to keep an eye out for a better cabin location. :)

Lisa

Congrats on the extra OBC, but honestly I think a new TA is in order. Doesn't sound like he/she is doing much to press your case since the problems you have have nothing to do with you changing things, but are purely reacting to what RCI has done. I think he/she needs to grow a pair.... excuse the language, but I think that is the unacceptable part of this mess to me.

jc

My hands are tied now since RCI won't talk to me directly.

You could also keep an eye out on the BW balconies as we get closer to the sail date and see if any of them become available. How many does your cabin need to sleep? I check pricing daily, so I am happy to keep an eye out for a better cabin location. :)

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I appreciate it. An extra pair of eyes can't hurt. I check a couple times a day too.

I have until day 58 to cancel and just lose my deposit which I am seriously contemplating at this point.

I guess I should have just booked a guarantee cabin since basically that's what I wound up with.

Does anybody know if I make a lateral move to a different B1 would I also lose my OBC?

Bill

I am booked in cabin 11319 for the Allure 3/22/15 sailing. I picked this cabin at random so would like to know from OP why he thinks it is a terrific cabin. Anyway glad to hear it's a good one.

As info cabin 11319 will be changing from B1 to B2 as of 5/19/2015.

Thanks Lisa. I appreciate it. An extra pair of eyes can't hurt. I check a couple times a day too.

I have until day 58 to cancel and just lose my deposit which I am seriously contemplating at this point.

I guess I should have just booked a guarantee cabin since basically that's what I wound up with.

Does anybody know if I make a lateral move to a different B1 would I also lose my OBC?

Bill

Changing cabins within a category should not result in the loss of any OBC.

I am booked in cabin 11319 for the Allure 3/22/15 sailing. I picked this cabin at random so would like to know from OP why he thinks it is a terrific cabin. Anyway glad to hear it's a good one.

As info cabin 11319 will be changing from B1 to B2 as of 5/19/2015.

Don't know about 11319 but 11329 WAS a great cabin location.

Seems like you you are about 5 cabins from the end so that should be a great location to watch the water show.

That's one of the reasons I wanted 11329. So I could sit on my balcony and watch the water show and the movies on the big screens.

Bill

Based on your info. Changing categories should not be a problem.

Changing cabins in the same category might be OK but according to TA changing categories results in loss of OBC, even though I'm not the one who made the move necessary.

After reading from the one poster that there is public space above me that is noisy well into the night and there is an overhang that that partially obstructs your view doesn't make me feel too good.

I certainly didn't sign up for that.

Bill

Oh that would be very frustrating! I'm sorry OP.

If you would prefer an ocean view to the Boardwalk balcony you were moved to (I wouldn't want to be on deck 14, personally) maybe you can call back and negotiate moving to one of those at no additional cost. If the PP is correct, the price difference is minimal and it seems like a reasonable thing to ask for.

I loved the boardwalk balcony. Not sure about deck 14. But then again I like CP balconies and promenade balconies too.

Bill

You should tell your TA that you would like a conference call with RCI. No, they won't speak with you directly, but they WILL do a conference call with you and your TA. Your TA really needs to go to bat for you, and it sounds like you may need to prod him or her to do so. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

If you're on Facebook, post your frustration on the Royal Caribbean FB page. They seem to respond pretty quickly over there.