Just got booted from my boardwalk balcony

Agree 100%. This secrecy thing is getting way out of hand with them -- it started with the Quantum Class roll out (which, ridiculously, is still incomplete) and has now spread to the Oasis reno. They're a cruise line, not a defense contractor, and their recent behavior is both strange and delusional.

Indeed. I doubt that RCI is reading this thread, but I don't see how it offers any advantage and has more chance of the opposite. I can sort-of see waiting to announce new Quantum features, but secrecy surrounding venues - even if they apply to Oasis makes little sense.

IMO, holding the implementation details till the very last minute will only lead to discouraged customers (the continued secrecy surrounding Quantum has helped remove any excitement I had). Let us know already, so we have time to enjoy excitement and book a cruise where we might otherwise not.

Strange and delusional!

I was bumped from cabin 12323 on the Westbound TA and given a cabin on 14 at the end of the Boardwalk. Wepressedthem and got a full refund plus $300 future cruise credit for the money we already spent on lodging and transportation in London. Don't let them push you around, this whole mess is entirely their fault.

So did you cancel the Oasis TA? Are you looking for another TA?

Bill, have you done a test booking on the RCCL site for the B2's currently available? Perhaps the total price is lower than what you paid for your B1. If so, you could downgrade and ask for the difference in OBC. They moved you to a bad cabin without asking you and they should consider other options rather than forcing you to keep it. Their solution of $100 OBC is a pittance considering you'd probably rather cancel than stay in that cabin (which they said you couldn't do unless forfeiting $500).

I am sorry Bill but your situation is so unfair. I can't get over how you are being treated. You should have a upgrade and keep onboard credit. Is you ta apathetic to your problem? You may want to contact resolutions or Miami corporate yourself. If you did not have their number create a post and ask another cc member what it is. I do know the number has been posted in the past.

Myself, TA, and resolutions were all on the phone together today and they would not budge.

Said cancel and lose $500, upgrade and lose $250 OBC or stay in the cabin they put me in.

After that I sent off an email to Adam Goldstein.

Let's see if that gets me any help.

I'm not asking for the moon.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Myself, TA, and resolutions were all on the phone together today and they would not budge.

Said cancel and lose $500, upgrade and lose $250 OBC or stay in the cabin they put me in.

Bill

Wow that's crazy. I am sure another B1 will come up before you go on the cruise. If you decide to go on the cruise I am sure you will still have a great time :-)

Bill

I am confused on why you would lose the OBC if you upgrade? Was this OBC you already had or is that the amount they ended up giving you for the involuntary move? I thought they offerd you $100.....but I may have missed an update along the way.

That is crazy! First off, they should upgrade you for freeee!!! But if they aren't going to do that, they should allow you to pay for the upgrade and keep all onboard credit....any previous and all they have offered because of this mess!

Edited by skiiergirl

Posted yesterday on fb. Got some comments but nothing from RCI

Bill

So sorry you're not getting anyplace, Bill. I just can't understand why RCI is taking this stance when they created the issue.:( It's seems they'd rather lose a customer than try to bend a little and create a win-win situation (which in actual dollars would cost them next to nothing).

I am confused on why you would lose the OBC if you upgrade? Was this OBC you already had or is that the amount they ended up giving you for the involuntary move? I thought they offerd you $100.....but I may have missed an update along the way.

That is crazy! First off, they should upgrade you for freeee!!! But if they aren't going to do that, they should allow you to pay for the upgrade and keep all onboard credit....any previous and all they have offered because of this mess!

Ialso had booked under a WOW sale where I got the other $150 and since that promtion is no longer giung on if I upgraded I would lose that.

Why I would lose the other $100 is a mystery to me.

Bill

So sorry you're not getting anyplace, Bill. I just can't understand why RCI is taking this stance when they created the issue.:( It's seems they'd rather lose a customer than try to bend a little and create a win-win situation (which in actual dollars would cost them next to nothing).

You are preaching to the choir.

My scalp is getting raw from scratching my head

Bill

How many people are in your stateroom Bill? I'm seeing that for two adults #14317 is open... I know it's not x729 but it's at least closer to the aft and not right under the teen club.

Also, the price difference for double occupancy between a B1/B2 ($1759) and an OV (D2-D8's are approximately $1864) is about $100 and 7724 is available which is super close to the end of the aft. What if you call and tell them to not give you that $100 OBC and to apply that to the price difference of those cabin categories? Just a thought.

How many people are in your stateroom Bill? I'm seeing that for two adults #14317 is open... I know it's not x729 but it's at least closer to the aft and not right under the teen club.

Also, the price difference for double occupancy between a B1/B2 ($1759) and an OV (D2-D8's are approximately $1864) is about $100 and 7724 is available which is super close to the end of the aft. What if you call and tell them to not give you that $100 OBC and to apply that to the price difference of those cabin categories? Just a thought.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately it was gone.:(

I appreciate you looking out for me.:)

Bill

Ialso had booked under a WOW sale where I got the other $150 and since that promtion is no longer giung on if I upgraded I would lose that.

Bill

That is stupid! They should let you change categories and let you keep the OBC since you are staying on same ship, same sail date, AND they insisted the first move! Hopefully whoever reads the email you sent to Adam's address can escalate it and get it handled.

Bill

The hell with RCL and your TA! Can't you dispute the charges with your credit card company? There's NO WAY I would go to a restaurant, order the steak and be told I HAVE to eat the chicken because that's what I'm being told to do. You know me, I don't respond well to being TOLD to do anything!!

Assuming you made final payment with a credit card and depending on the company, let them go to bat for you! You have more than enough documentation that you are being ripped off!!

Just a thought...You can't imagine how much this pisses me off!! (yes you can)

Also there's NO WAY I would consider sailing the Grandeur of the Seas in April! It's your money, but RCL wouldn't get any of it if it was mine!

If RCL reads these board I was going to book the Oasis for April, I am not going to wonder after making final payment if I'm going to get the cabin I choose. There's way too much competition out there to consider doing business with a shady company!

Bill

The hell with RCL and your TA! Can't you dispute the charges with your credit card company? There's NO WAY I would go to a restaurant, order the steak and be told I HAVE to eat the chicken because that's what I'm being told to do. You know me, I don't respond well to being TOLD to do anything!!

Assuming you made final payment with a credit card and depending on the company, let them go to bat for you! You have more than enough documentation that you are being ripped off!!

Just a thought...You can't imagine how much this pisses me off!! (yes you can)

Bad advice, RCI does not respond kindly to this type of intimidation.

Bill

Are you certain that $150 is WOW sale OBC?

WOW sale OBC is based on the length of the cruise and not the stateroom you book. So it stays with the reservation if you subsequently upgrade or downgrade (assuming you stay on the same sailing).

I thought WOW sale OBC was typically:

• $50 for 5 nights or less
  • $100 for 6-9 nights
  • $200 for 10 nights or more

They do take away your Wow obc if you change categories, but in OPs case, I think it's outrageous. He is getting the same category, but an inferior room.

I really can't believe that they are being so uncooperative about this. They are the ones who caused the problem! :confused:

Why would you want to punish your customer like this? :mad:

I see this as being beyond a specific customer service issue: it seems to be a trend in which Royal is reinterpreting/re-imagining their policies in ways that punish the consumer.

Don't know how they are going to keep customers with this type of attitude.

This could easily happen to anyone. They give a vague excuse for moving you, after final of course, and then say, 'too bad, we gave you a comparable room'. Outrageous.

Edited by marci22

Bad advice, RCI does not respond kindly to this type of intimidation.

Who's being intimidated! Standing up for what you think is right is intimidation!! I don't really care what RCL thinks of my tactics, if it were me, my objective would be for RCL to make my hard earned cruise, using my hard earned money an enjoyable experience. The gloves come off in situations like these.

Who's being intimidated! Standing up for what you think is right is intimidation!! I don't really care what RCL thinks of my tactics, if it were me, my objective would be for RCL to make my hard earned cruise, using my hard earned money an enjoyable experience. The gloves come off in situations like these.

I agree that a credit card dispute should be a last resort. OP has to be willing to lose his deposit if he goes that route.

And I don't think he has a case as he technically got a similar room and they accepted his request for additional $100 obc.

At this point, he has to make the point that he has realized the rooms are really not similar, as he is being forced to accept an inferior room location. Someone in Resolutions needs to see his perspective or he is stuck.

They do take away your Wow obc if you change categories, but in OPs case, I think it's outrageous. He is getting the same category, but an inferior room.

I really can't believe that they are being so uncooperative about this. They are the ones who caused the problem! :confused:

I see this as being beyond a specific customer service issue: it seems to be a trend in which Royal is reinterpreting/re-imagining their policies in ways that punish the consumer.

This could easily happen to anyone. They give a vague excuse for moving you, after final of course, and then say, 'too bad, we gave you a comparable room'. Outrageous.

Why is the new cabin inferior? I have 2 cabins booked on deck 14, in fact my kids are 6 down from this new cabin they hav been given, I choose deck 14 above other cabins I could have booked, the reason for this was I read that everyone can see into your cabin, I thought choose deck 14 and that would be limited (got to test that theory out yet) another plus was not so much noise fro. aqua theatre, my friend who was on deck 12 and just did the eastbound TA, they said they could hear word for word when the films were being shown, I also read lots of reviews on my cabins, no complaints of noise, not that it would be a big issue for me, the reviews I read about my deck 14 cabins nobody complained about any problems, so you might yet love it, I think you are nearer than us to the lifts, you probably won't spend hardly anytime on the ship. If it was me, I would wait and try it, if I hated it I would make a big fuss whilst onboard, do my complaining there, at least you would have given it ago. I'm sure RC want all there guest to have a great cruise. Maybe if you hate it that will move you during the cruise.

The more I hear I think Royal is trying to alienate their loyal customers. Maybe they have given too much in the past and realized now that they have too many at the high levels which is costing them??? Many of their new policies are anti customer in my opinion.

Why is the new cabin inferior? I have 2 cabins booked on deck 14, in fact my kids are 6 down from this new cabin they hav been given, I choose deck 14 above other cabins I could have booked, the reason for this was I read that everyone can see into your cabin, I thought choose deck 14 and that would be limited (got to test that theory out yet) another plus was not so much noise fro. aqua theatre, my friend who was on deck 12 and just did the eastbound TA, they said they could hear word for word when the films were being shown, I also read lots of reviews on my cabins, no complaints of noise, not that it would be a big issue for me, the reviews I read about my deck 14 cabins nobody complained about any problems, so you might yet love it, I think you are nearer than us to the lifts, you probably won't spend hardly anytime on the ship. If it was me, I would wait and try it, if I hated it I would make a big fuss whilst onboard, do my complaining there, at least you would have given it ago. I'm sure RC want all there guest to have a great cruise. Maybe if you hate it that will move you during the cruise.

The cabin the OP originally was in had a direct view of the aquatheater as well as the ability to see the ocean which is what for many makes this cabin a "better" one. In their new cabin they are back to where they cannot enjoy the view as they could in their original cabin.

As for others seeing in your cabin, realize on deck 14 you are just one deck below the sports/pool deck and those on that deck can easily see into your cabin. Anything not facing the ocean has the ability for others to see in.

When I choose a cabin, there are certain things I am looking for. Location is probably the most important thing to me, so I would be very upset if they moved me.

Things that don't bother you may bother someone else. Things that you like, someone else may not care about.

To him, it is inferior, and because Royal was the cause of his having to move, I do feel that they should make him happy. At least refund his cruise fare without charging him a penalty, since they are the ones who forced him to move in the penalty phase.

I think it was a mistake for him to list $100 obc as an acceptable option but it's already done. I would want my money refunded.