Advice needed - Room may not be what expected

Gingerbint

Hi,

I'm posting on here to ask advice/thoughts as this is not a problem I've had before.

I may be worrying for nothing but I was reading someone's posts whose current cabin is the same one we have booked for an upcoming cruise.

From the info they have posted this appears if may be a 'connecting cabin'

Now I would never knowingly book a connecting cabin on any cruise!

We had it once and that was only because it was a 4 night trip & it was the 'Ben & Jerry Sweet'

We could hear everything said by the couple next door, although we never met them I felt that after 4 days we knew them both so well! :rolleyes:

So I have double checked and triple checked and on all websites I can find with deck plans, including Royal's, none show this cabin as being connecting! In fact, it has no symbols on it at all. We are expecting our usual standard of cabin.

My query is.... We booked this cabin for its location to the elevator/stairs and the side and deck/place on the ship we like to sail on.

I have checked and there is no more available cabins in our grade to switch it to, so we cannot do that.

Where would we stand if on boarding and once seeing the cabin for ourselves that it is a connecting cabin, which is something we really don't want and did/would not actually book?

Hi,

I'm posting on here to ask advice/thoughts as this is not a problem I've had before.

I may be worrying for nothing but I was reading someone's posts whose current cabin is the same one we have booked for an upcoming cruise.

We had it once and that was only because it was a 4 night trip & it was the 'Ben & Jerry Sweet'

We could hear everything said by the couple next door, although we never met them I felt that after 4 days we knew them both so well! :rolleyes:

So I have double checked and triple checked and on all websites I can find with deck plans, including Royal's, none show this cabin as being connecting! In fact, it has no symbols on it at all. We are expecting our usual standard of cabin.

My query is.... We booked this cabin for its location to the elevator/stairs and the side and deck/place on the ship we like to sail on.

I have checked and there is no more available cabins in our grade to switch it to, so we cannot do that.

Where would we stand if on boarding and once seeing the cabin for ourselves that it is a connecting cabin, which is something we really don't want and did/would not actually book?

if the maps don't show as connecting, most likely isn't.

We don't normally book connecting rooms either, anywhere. Snagged a deal last year for a cruise we took last week and pretty much the only thing available at the time were connecting rooms. The first day was odd being that there was a door at the foot of our bed but after that it might as well have been a solid piece of wall. We heard our neighbors talking once or twice but probably would have either way.

Just saying, even though it's not what you had in mind it may not end up being that big of deal. You could always bring up your case the first day and if they can't switch you to another room you'd be in a better position to complain if the people next to you are really loud later in the cruise.

Hi,

I was reading a live blog recently that the poster gave their cabin number and said it was a connecting cabin. Looked at the deck plans and it was not but I think they just transposed the last 2 numbers. If you reversed the last 2 numbers then it did become a connecting cabin.

Thanks to everyone for their quick replies.

It is 4am in the UK so no one to call and ask just yet but will be making a call later today when I get up and they are open

I was reading a live blog recently that the poster gave their cabin number and said it was a connecting cabin. Looked at the deck plans and it was not but I think they just transposed the last 2 numbers. If you reversed the last 2 numbers then it did become a connecting cabin.

I think we were viewing the same one which is what prompted my question, I've checked the plan with your idea lets hope you are right.

I may pop over there and ask to confirm if the numbers are the right way round. Now you've said it, wondering why didn't think of that in the first place!

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for their quick replies.

It is 4am in the UK so no one to call and ask just yet but will be making a call later today when I get up and they are open

I think we were viewing the same one which is what prompted my question, I've checked the plan with your idea lets hope you are right.

I may pop over there and ask to confirm if the numbers are the right way round. Now you've said it, wondering why didn't think of that in the first place!

Thanks!

room 7168?

You could ask at guest services for a swap but don't like your chances

There are a number of plans that show which cabins are interconnecting

You may have to live with it but suggest talking to royal directly to verify and ask if they can do something now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums