Yikes! Too much to choose on Oasis!!

karen&roy

Went to RCCL website to maybe book a cruise on Oasis next Nov. We usually always book balcony so that I want for sure. I had read on here *somewhere* that there are balconies where you can see the ocean and also the things going on in the interior. Any idea where and/or what deck that would be?? Seeing the ocean is a must for us. I am a bit concerned about the size of the ship..kind of scary :eek: What are the best rooms to grab to watch the aqua show from your balcony? Thanks in advance

Karen

Went to RCCL website to maybe book a cruise on Oasis next Nov. We usually always book balcony so that I want for sure. I had read on here *somewhere* that there are balconies where you can see the ocean and also the things going on in the interior. Any idea where and/or what deck that would be?? Seeing the ocean is a must for us. I am a bit concerned about the size of the ship..kind of scary :eek: What are the best rooms to grab to watch the aqua show from your balcony? Thanks in advance

Karen

The side facing balconies (categories D1, D2 ...) give the best view of the ocean, but no inside view at all.

There are Boardwalk balconies (B1, B2) that have a view of the Boardwalk area, plus a limited view of the ocean. The farther aft, the better ocean view. These are on deck 8 and higher.

I think you're going to love the Oasis, please don't be intimidated by the size of the ship, and don't forget to make arrangements for the shows beforehand. There is so much to see and do, go and just take your time and enjoy her :)

How do you make arrangements for the shows beforehand? We are sailing on the Oasis in June. Didn't know you could do that. Thanks!

this is done through the Cruise Personalizer at the RCI website. Log into My Cruses, click on your reservation and then on Entertainment, and the cruise planner will open and you can see shows, times and make reservations. Reservations usually open about 90-100 days out. Enjoy your sailing.

Karen

Boardwalk Balconies are the ones with partial ocean views out past the wake, and with views of the Boardwalk. We generally book these on Oasis as they are often the least expensive balcony, and we enjoy looking down on the Boardwalk activities and the Aqua show and are not that fussed about a total ocean view (that's not the primary focus for us on Oasis afterall). Plenty of ocean views for us from the top decks, etc.

Two things to keep in mind with Boardwalk balconies that is very different from Ocean view balconies: 1) there are cabins across from you, and they can see into your cabin and you can see into theirs. Keep the curtains closed when you want privacy. It's especially bad at night with the sheers - people are backlit and aren't realizing that those across the way can see it all. Also, no privacy on the balconies- again, everyone across from you can see you, and those above on the Activities deck, and on the boardwalk too.....2) noise levels. Some people mention the noise levels from the activities on the boardwalk during sometimes (shows, etc). Doesn't bother us in the slightest (we were right above Johnny rockets last time in Aug, and didn't notice a lick of noise from the restaurant, just a little music from the show sometimes), and is not late at night or early mornings, but during the day and evening, there is some ambient noise, and showtime has the music. With the balcony door closed tight, it's very minimal, but it does bother some people. Whether this is a concern for you - up to you.

So, those are the considerations. Hope that helps. Oasis is an amazing ship and is organized very, very well; you'll never really notice that there are 6,000 passengers onboard with you except maybe at embarkation and disembarkation. The only real crowds are during the Promenade street parties - and those are fun! Otherwise, very spread out with something for everyone! Enjoy her!!

Oasis and Allure are both awesome -- it's all familiar, yet not. So much to see and do. Don't be put off by the size. It's only crowded when other ships are crowded -- after a show and on debarking day. Getting off the gangway at a port is a snap; no bottlenecks on stairwells at all.

Make sure you look at all the small wonders placed around the ship. Very whimsical!

What are the best rooms to grab to watch the aqua show from your balcony? Thanks in advance

Karen

The best rooms to watch the aqua show from your balcony is the Aqua Theater Suites. However, they are pricy. Others will give their advice on which Boardwalk cabins offer the best view, but if this is a desire, you will want to be as far to the aft as possible.

Great Ship!!! It is difficult to chose a cabin though. I would get a boardwalk over central park because you do have partial ocean view. But, central park is quiet and very scenic.

No matter what you chose you will have a GREAT time.

Boardwalk Balconies are the ones with partial ocean views out past the wake, and with views of the Boardwalk. We generally book these on Oasis as they are often the least expensive balcony, and we enjoy looking down on the Boardwalk activities and the Aqua show and are not that fussed about a total ocean view (that's not the primary focus for us on Oasis afterall). Plenty of ocean views for us from the top decks, etc.

Two things to keep in mind with Boardwalk balconies that is very different from Ocean view balconies: 1) there are cabins across from you, and they can see into your cabin and you can see into theirs. Keep the curtains closed when you want privacy. It's especially bad at night with the sheers - people are backlit and aren't realizing that those across the way can see it all. Also, no privacy on the balconies- again, everyone across from you can see you, and those above on the Activities deck, and on the boardwalk too.....2) noise levels. Some people mention the noise levels from the activities on the boardwalk during sometimes (shows, etc). Doesn't bother us in the slightest (we were right above Johnny rockets last time in Aug, and didn't notice a lick of noise from the restaurant, just a little music from the show sometimes), and is not late at night or early mornings, but during the day and evening, there is some ambient noise, and showtime has the music. With the balcony door closed tight, it's very minimal, but it does bother some people. Whether this is a concern for you - up to you.

So, those are the considerations. Hope that helps. Oasis is an amazing ship and is organized very, very well; you'll never really notice that there are 6,000 passengers onboard with you except maybe at embarkation and disembarkation. The only real crowds are during the Promenade street parties - and those are fun! Otherwise, very spread out with something for everyone! Enjoy her!!

Totally agree with you. We enjoyed our Boardwalk balcony cabin. The only negative for us was that it was very small.

LuLu

We booked a boardwalk balcony. 10319. That was the closest we could get to aft without the price jumping up another $600. It is the 6th cabin back.

We were in 10315 and it was great! We saw the Aqua Show from the balcony! We also watched dolphins playing in the wake of the ship! You will love it!

Diane

We went with a basic ocean view, midship deck 8. I like to sit watching the water. It's so calming. There is so much to do around the ship that a place to have down time is important. Everyone is different. Just thought I'd add my two cents.

The thought of booking shows when we don't know what else is happening around the ship is a little intimidating. Normally we decide what we want to do in the moment. Not too sure if I like planning so far in advance.

Based on your cruise history, you've been on big ships before (e.g. Freedom), so you will recognize a lot of the traditional Royal Caribbean ship features. There are just some fun additional features, like Central Park. It's not that intimidating once you're on the ship, and you will have a great time. The biggest change for me was booking shows in advance. I would recommend doing this. You can always change your reservation from your room (on the TV - very easy) once on the ship, but it's good to at least have a reservation in place so you're guaranteed a ticket to the main shows you want to see.

We were in connecting Boardwalk Balconies on the Allure...it was fun with the kids to be able to see what was going on on the Boardwalk. You could see the ocean from our balcony, but I would have preferred an oceanview balcony for that. We also didn't have a great angle to watch the shows (we were in 10711/10713...further back is best). If you are the type to sit out on your balcony, relax with a book, stare out at the ocean and enjoy quiet, I would go for an oceanview balcony. The B1/B2 balconies are not quiet or private.

Wow..Thanks so much for all the answers. Made everything a bit easier to book a room. Still a bit intimidated going on such a HUGE ship but looks like fun. Where would we be without Cruise Critic !! :D

Just curious, what type of cabin did you decide on getting? Were there any determing factors?

I'm still second guessing if deck 8 was a good call for us. Will there be noise from Central Park? Guess we'll find out once on the ship.

Just curious, what type of cabin did you decide on getting? Were there any determing factors?

I'm still second guessing if deck 8 was a good call for us. Will there be noise from Central Park? Guess we'll find out once on the ship.

I think deck 8 is pretty good and don't worry about central park, very nice and quiet. I'd probably stay put :)

I am in B1 balcony 11327 right now we have a lovely view of the ocean and a good view of the Aqua Theatre. Some evenings the last Aqua show has not finished until 11.30pm. This is the only downside to this room as the music is very loud. We like the room very much.

I love cruising. Big parts of that is having a balcony room where I can see the ocean or port day or night when we are in our cabin. Another element is that we go on a cruise to relax. I have really enjoyed the mid-sized ships and we'll be going on the Navigator of the Seas in May. That will be the biggest ship we have been on. These new mega ships just seem too large and somewhat confusing. I guess you have to book restaurants and shows in advance and who knows what else. Up to now, I have enjoyed waking up in our cabin and then either going to the MDR or asking if a specialty restaurant is open. I'd go to a show and just walk in. All these reservations in advance seem to add a lot of stress to the whole cruising concept. Just my humble opinion.