Just Off the Freedom B2B - 9/7 & 9/14

lv2bcruzin

Since there are so many reviews on the Freedom I am not going to put one together this time. However if you have any questions please feel free to ask. We did quite a bit and took a ton of pictures, so while I won't have all the answers, perhaps I will have some. :)

Also, for those of you who have recently cruised on the Freedom. Did any of you notice how terrible the vibrations were at the aft of the ship? From the Diamond Lounge/Olive or Twist on Deck 14 down to the MDR on Deck 3 it was pretty intense and at times uncomfortable. We had cabin #1402 aft and our cabin shook so bad at times the closet doors would bang, the TV looked as if it would fall off the mount and at times the bed shook so bad it was almost impossible to sleep (and no, it wasn't the wife and I creating the issue :p ). It was really bad at very slow speeds such as coming into and leaving port. We always knew when we got into port since it felt like we were in the middle of an earthquake (at sea :p ). I've heard of coin operated beds, but I didn't see a coin slot for the entire cabin.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

We also were on FOS on the 14th. sailing & we too noticed the vibrations up in the Olive or Twist, but never in our cabin. Don't know what was causing it but it was uncomfortable at times. Other than that, we had a great time & now getting ready for our Nov. cruise! :)

We've been on 3 times in the last couple years and have noticed the vibration thing every time. We were on the 14th sailing and definitely noticed it in the WJ while eating. My glass of water looked like Jurassic Park, not quite but I get what you're saying..

Since there are so many reviews on the Freedom I am not going to put one together this time. However if you have any questions please feel free to ask. We did quite a bit and took a ton of pictures, so while I won't have all the answers, perhaps I will have some. :)

Also, for those of you who have recently cruised on the Freedom. Did any of you notice how terrible the vibrations were at the aft of the ship? From the Diamond Lounge/Olive or Twist on Deck 14 down to the MDR on Deck 3 it was pretty intense and at times uncomfortable. We had cabin #1402 aft and our cabin shook so bad at times the closet doors would bang, the TV looked as if it would fall off the mount and at times the bed shook so bad it was almost impossible to sleep (and no, it wasn't the wife and I creating the issue :p ). It was really bad at very slow speeds such as coming into and leaving port. We always knew when we got into port since it felt like we were in the middle of an earthquake (at sea :p ). I've heard of coin operated beds, but I didn't see a coin slot for the entire cabin.

Well they better get that vibration fixed when she goes into dry dock cause i have cabin 1400 in Oct 2015 lol.

It's a new benefit/perk.

magicfingers_zpsb277824e.gif

magicfingers2_zps565703be.jpg

Interested to know what your weather was like. We will be on Freedom in a coupple of weeks and we have never been in the Caribbean during October before :confused:.

Thanks

Helen

*couple even

There is an "edit" button in the lower right corner of your post for 20 minutes. :)

October can be "anything."

You can track potential storms on NOAA's National Hurricane Center's website:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Any time, there is a chance of brief showers on Caribbean islands.

Most of the time, it is hot and sunny.

:)

There is an "edit" button in the lower right corner of your post for 20 minutes. :)

October can be "anything."

You can track potential storms on NOAA's National Hurricane Center's website:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Any time, there is a chance of brief showers on Caribbean islands.

Most of the time, it is hot and sunny.

:)

Thanks for the info - that's good to know, very helpful. I didn't know about the edit button ;)

Don't think I will mind what the weather is doing really, I'll just be happy to be on Freedom. If it rains, it rains - just means head inside with a cocktail and do something else for a while :D

This was in the Olive or Twist in February

th_20140304_170228_zps430bc444.mp4

That is definitely some movement! Seems like it could be related to a propeller issue, but I'm no ship expert. Just crazy how bad it was, and if it's been happening for a few years I wonder why there's not any more mention of it. I would definitely not cruise the Freedom again until this is fixed. While it did not make or break our cruise, it's something I would prefer not to deal with.

We were on the 9/14 sailing and we felt it and we were on the 9th floor...:D

Numb LOL, we were on the Freedom about a month ago and I do not remember any unusual vibrations other than what I would call normal any where. We were in a deck two cabin forward. Since she is up for dry dock in January??? She might have some propeller issue.

I was on the 9/14 sailing as well. Yes, we definitely noticed a lot of vibration in different areas of the ship. Went up to Olive or Twist one night and left after about ten minutes it was so bad. Our dining room table on deck 3 was also pretty bad. It was our son-in-laws first cruise and he didn't even like eating there because of it. :eek: We had 7408 aft and it wasn't too bad there though.

I really would think this would've been addressed much sooner considering the impact. But, it obviously did not keep people from cruising on the Freedom, so I'm sure RCI went with that as opposed to doing some type of emergency. It would also depend on the type of fix needed if they know what it is and perhaps it is too big to do outside of the dry dock schedule.