When bringing soda on board do you bring cans or plastic bottles?

Mel2421

My wife drinks Diet Coke and will usually finish one once opened so she brings cans. I drink regular Coke but only with rum or bourbon and only a few ounces at a time so I bring bottles I can cap up so they don't go flat too quickly.

I never bring 2 liter drinks because they don't fit in the refrigerator and if opened hot they go flat real fast and if you put ice in a hot drink it waters it down too much.

I've always brought the plastic bottles that you can re-cap. I don't always drink the whole bottle at once, so I can re-cap it and drink it as I go. I often carry it in my shoulder bag that I carry around on the ship.

Also, on shore excursions I bring it in my bag and can drink it throughout the day.

We usually bring 12 pks packed in luggage. The one time we brought bottles we were sent to the "naughty room" to retrieve our luggage so we could prove we were not bringing in contraban. That never has happened with the cans.

Edited by drvalo