Meet and Mingle

TecumsehON

We had confirmation of our registration for connections party but never got any info as to time or place on board our Aug. 31st sailing on Silhouette. Is that Celebrity's fault?

We were looking forward to it. We are booked March 15th on Eclipse...how can we prevent this from happening again:)

If your cruise had 25 people register c/o the Celebrity Website, then the Meet & Mingle will go ahead.

As it is organized by the Cruise Line... When you get aboard if it is happening you will have an Invite sent to your cabin with the details (often shows up on the E-Day with your other paperwork... Sometimes the next day)

This event is not the same as the Sailaway Party that your Roll Call may organize (or any other events... Cabin Tour - Bar Crawl - Slot Pull etc) ... Check in there for more info regarding whatever they have planned, time, meet up locations etc

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We had confirmation of our registration for connections party but never got any info as to time or place on board our Aug. 31st sailing on Silhouette. Is that Celebrity's fault?

We were looking forward to it. We are booked March 15th on Eclipse...how can we prevent this from happening again:)

Sorry to hear that. :(

Assuming that you had the minimum required registered participants (25), you should have received notification of the party when you boarded. It's usually in our cabin, when we first arrive. The party is often held on the morning of the first sea day. What I would suggest for the future would be to call the GR desk, if the invitation is not in your cabin upon boarding. If you've signed up on your roll-call thread, you can also call someone on it, to find out details. :cool:

I had 6 previous Celebrity cruises (have my 7th in 2 weeks) and I always had a invitation waiting for us when first entering our state room on embarkation day either in the mail box outside the door or on our bed.

I recommend if its not when you arrive, call information.

I think it only happened to us once but when we got to the sail away gathering, we found out the time and location from someone else. I've also heard of people going to the guest relations desk to get the details.

That's one reason I try to connect with members of our roll call very early in the cruise. Someone may have info that the others haven't received.

We just returned from a port intensive cruise with the first scheduled sea day towards the end. There was nothing in our cabin so we checked at the desk. Ended up that the Sail-Away and the M&M were at the same place at the same time. Turned out to be a lot of fun if a little chaotic.

Did I mention it was raining?

Judy

Supposedly there were over 100 registered for Meet and Mingle, assumed we would be informed. Didn't happen?? Who is responsible? Celebrity? Went to Customer Relations on board, said they would look into it, never heard a thing!!!!!

Probably by the time you checked, the party was over. The Events Coordinator is usually the person onboard who sets these things up. -- and they've had some significant staffing cuts, recently. For whatever reason, sometimes all of the invitations just don't get delivered. We've had that happen to us, a couple of times. We either call the GR desk immediately to get the time/location for the party, or we'll contact someone on our roll-call, to see if they got their invitation. :cool:

We just returned from a port intensive cruise with the first scheduled sea day towards the end. There was nothing in our cabin so we checked at the desk. Ended up that the Sail-Away and the M&M were at the same place at the same time. Turned out to be a lot of fun if a little chaotic.

Did I mention it was raining?

Judy

Our Connections Party was also on embarkation day at sail away time on Infinity in July ;). We had a great time, but some pax didn't attend as they hadn't realised it was on embarkation day!

On one of our active roll call cruises only half who signed up were invited to the Official connections get together.....and a whole bunch of people not on the roll call were...it was wierd and very disappointing,,,

Someone had the informal roll call list with them with cabin numbers and Celeb actually scheduled a second one and did their best to get the word out...

hope nothing like that happens on our Reflection cruise...first sea day seems a good time, esp now there us no gala brunch .....sometimes they were held back to back..

When I signed up for the Celebrity Connections, I got an email confirming that I was registered. I printed a copy of the email and stuck it in with my boarding documents. When I got onboard and found no invitation in my cabin, I took the email copy with me to guest relations. Having the email made it easier and faster for them to correct their oversight.

Enjoy your cruise.

On one of our active roll call cruises only half who signed up were invited to the Official connections get together.....and a whole bunch of people not on the roll call were...it was wierd and very disappointing,,,

Someone had the informal roll call list with them with cabin numbers and Celeb actually scheduled a second one and did their best to get the word out...

hope nothing like that happens on our Reflection cruise...first sea day seems a good time, esp now there us no gala brunch .....sometimes they were held back to back..

You don't need to participate in the Roll Call in order to attend a Connections party, do you? You can sign up to attend and never post in the Roll Call, but I assume you'd still get an invitation.

You don't need to participate in the Roll Call in order to attend a Connections party, do you? You can sign up to attend and never post in the Roll Call, but I assume you'd still get an invitation.

Correct, the Connections meet an mingle is open to anyone and everyone on the cruise. The Cruise Critic members are just more aware about it.

We have many more signed up for the M&M on our next cruise in Nov than are on the Roll Call.

Our invation has always been on the bed with other information when we get to the cabin. The cabin stewards have them, but we have seen where they forget to leave them.

This was our 4th cruise with Celebrity but first time signing up for Connections party. We had confirmation also. We didn't know when it would take place only we would get invite in Stateroom. That did not happen. Thanks for all advise on what to do next time if we have a problem. We look forward to our March 15/15 cruise on Eclipse. Hopefully we will make Connections party this time:)

This was our 4th cruise with Celebrity but first time signing up for Connections party. We had confirmation also. We didn't know when it would take place only we would get invite in Stateroom. That did not happen. Thanks for all advise on what to do next time if we have a problem. We look forward to our March 15/15 cruise on Eclipse. Hopefully we will make Connections party this time:)

If I could make one other suggestion: get involved in your roll-call. The Connections Party is more fun, if you've been chatting with those folks, while you wait for the cruise. Depending on the cruise, there are frequently "unofficial" parties and activities planned -- those can be a lot of fun, too! :cool: