FOS 9/14/14 Review with photos!

thegima

We where on the same sailing as you and I wasn't impressed at all with Casey I told my wife on more than one occasion that Bella would be a better choice seen her more in person the only time we seen Casey was at the shows or on that stupid morning show. But we had a great time and have the Eastern booked for next September on the Freedom

Love your review, your pictures are beautiful

Thank you!

Enjoyed your review! I would love to do a western route. Maybe next time.

Barb

The western is nice, we enjoyed Haiti much more this time around. For whatever reason though we both feel like the eastern is more relaxing - maybe the extra day at sea? Who knows!

Great review - thank you! We will be on FOS with the same itinerary in just one month from today...can't wait

Sure thing! Have fun on your vacation!

Glad you had a great cruise! Your pictures are amazing! Thanks so much for your review!!

Thanks! and my pleasure! I wish I had brought the good camera with me, these were all taken with a higher end point & shoot. I always miss not having the DSLR in places like Haiti and CocoCay but it's such a hassle to lug around and go through security with.

We where on the same sailing as you and I wasn't impressed at all with Casey I told my wife on more than one occasion that Bella would be a better choice seen her more in person the only time we seen Casey was at the shows or on that stupid morning show. But we had a great time and have the Eastern booked for next September on the Freedom

Yea, it's the first time we've had him and who knows - maybe it was just a bad week for him. The daily show he did was a bit painful at times but I did enjoy where he was behind the scenes in the galley showing how they did things. It felt like such an awkward conversation between him and everyone he spoke to though, lol maybe it's just me. We'll be back on FOS next Sept as well for the eastern route, the 20th.

Yea, it's the first time we've had him and who knows - maybe it was just a bad week for him. The daily show he did was a bit painful at times but I did enjoy where he was behind the scenes in the galley showing how they did things. It felt like such an awkward conversation between him and everyone he spoke to though, lol maybe it's just me. We'll be back on FOS next Sept as well for the eastern route, the 20th.

LOL that's the same week that we well be on her again allready signed up for the M&M I guess the long count down starts

Couple photos of the lines and setup during the express departure.

IMG_5081.JPG

IMG_5082.JPG

Overall we had a great vacation and already have another cruise booked next year. I mentioned in a few other posts that I was underwhelmed by Casey Pelter. He did an okay job hosting activities, gave a few laughs, and was just overall OKAY. I’m not saying he was bad by any means but he looked tired. The one WOW experience I personally had was at Portofino, I really wish we had done it a second night!

Please forgive any misspellings and poor grammar, I’ve been trying to relive this trip in my head and put it on paper over the last few days!

Ok that's all I've got :D

We were also on that week with you. Couldn't believe some of the crowds in the WJ and Promenade. I don't even remember it being that crowded when we've sailed during the summer months. Still had a great week though, it was just very different in comparison to the week before...it felt like an entirely different ship.

Agree about Casey. We also dined in Portofino and absolutely loved it! I'm so disappointed they're going to be getting rid of this restaurant. Wish we had skipped Chops the first week and done Portofino twice.

Freedom Of The Seas 9-14 -> 9-21 – Western Route

Day 1 – 9-14-14.

Inside the cruise terminal in line waiting to get seapass card and board.

IMG_4762.JPG

Not too busy, there were about 100 people in front of us.

IMG_4763.JPG

View of the other ships in port that day.

IMG_4768.JPG

Yikes! Didn't realize you could only do 6 images per post.. This may take a little while!

Take your time, I have 210 days to wait. Thanks in advance for the rest. I am looking forward to sailing on Freedom for the 2nd time. But this will be first time to Port Canaveral. In day to day life I hate waiting in line, but the picture of the lines in a cruise terminal warm my heart. Also I've been watching the PC web cam for months now, and have seen those other ships in port, thanks for the pic from Freedom of the other two. Looking forward to the rest. Thanks again.

Take your time, I have 210 days to wait. Thanks in advance for the rest. I am looking forward to sailing on Freedom for the 2nd time. But this will be first time to Port Canaveral. In day to day life I hate waiting in line, but the picture of the lines in a cruise terminal warm my heart. Also I've been watching the PC web cam for months now, and have seen those other ships in port, thanks for the pic from Freedom of the other two. Looking forward to the rest. Thanks again.

You will have a wonderful time on Freedom. She is a great ship (you know that) with a wonderful crew.

We can't wait to sail on her again next year.

I mentioned in a few other posts that I was underwhelmed by Casey Pelter.

That was the way I felt about Carly on Jewel this summer. I checked the CD thread here and Casey is only scheduled for a few more months. We had Richard Spacey my last time.

LOL that's the same week that we well be on her again allready signed up for the M&M I guess the long count down starts

We haven't done a M&M yet, maybe next year. We've invited some friends next year and it will be their first cruise on RC (they normally take Disney) so were all looking forward to it. Yea only 350 something days left haha :eek:

We were also on that week with you. Couldn't believe some of the crowds in the WJ and Promenade. I don't even remember it being that crowded when we've sailed during the summer months. Still had a great week though, it was just very different in comparison to the week before...it felt like an entirely different ship.

Agree about Casey. We also dined in Portofino and absolutely loved it! I'm so disappointed they're going to be getting rid of this restaurant. Wish we had skipped Chops the first week and done Portofino twice.

Yea the crowds were nuts this week, I've never seen it that bad and we normally travel about the same time every year. When we were standing in line in the terminal I kept jokingly saying "Oh man.. I see a bunch of strollers, this can't be good" - turns out there was a lot of people in general and not just kids! A lot of them were rude, and had zero manners on top it all. We still had a great time and made the best of it though! After finally eating at Portofino I wish we had done it more and are also kind of bummed they're possibly removing it. Hopefully the new option will be just as good.

Sure thing! The lines at PC have never been real bad for us at all. The key is not getting there too early or too late. As we were leaving and walking out of the terminal (probably about 8am or so) there was already a line with 50+ people waiting to get in. We showed up too early (about 9:30) last year and we ended up standing outside for an hour or more while they cleared the terminal out. So if you're too early expect to stand outside in the heat while waiting. If you're too late the lines upstairs will likely be longer so it's kind of a game to hit it right in the middle somewhere. We found that 10:45-11am seemed to work well! I know it's still 300+ days away but enjoy your cruise :)

That was the way I felt about Carly on Jewel this summer. I checked the CD thread here and Casey is only scheduled for a few more months. We had Richard Spacey my last time.

We had Richard last time on FOS as well too, and I think that is what spoiled us.

Excellent photos !! I almost felt like I was on the ship with you !!!:cool:

Thank you!

Thanks for the wonderful review and pictures. We will be headed out on her for the Thanksgiving cruise!!

My pleasure! Have fun, the weather should be great by that time.

Thnx for the review!

Heading out on the FOS next Sunday.

Sure thing, enjoy your cruise! Hopefully the rain slows down a bit before you leave. I'm pretty sure it's rained every single afternoon since we returned home and they said it's going to continue next week. I enjoy the rain but not every single day - that means I have to mow :eek:

My DH and I were on this sailing as well. Our first cruise in 25 years and he was really impressed with the ship and the crew. Maybe I won't have to wait 25 more years for my next cruise.

The Freedom is a great ship and has quite a bit to offer. I hope you don't have to wait 25 years for another cruise too! :D

My husband and I sailed her on the 9/7 sailing and it was so nice reading your review and reliving the cruise. What a wonderful write up! If the comedian carried from our cruise he was Billy Garan. I saw your picture and think that's him. Really liked him! Thanks again for a great write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums