Lane swimming in the Solarium - Solstice

Beanb41

On our last cruise the movement in the pool made it impossible to do any kind of laps...the water rushed from one side to the other causing it to become very low on one side or the other...just an FYI

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On our last cruise the movement in the pool made it impossible to do any kind of laps...the water rushed from one side to the other causing it to become very low on one side or the other...just an FYI

Lol... Onshore they charge more for a trip to a Wave Pool. Lucky you got it as a surprise perk of your cruise ;) :D

Cheers!

He got very annoyed last year in July on the Eclipse when a rather large lady was swimming on her back and floting around.........after about 15 mins as he swam around to avoid her he heard a very, very faint 'help me!' She couldnt turn herself over and he gently guided her to the steps and helped her right herself and exit./quote]

I say your OH got a value-added free excursion. Some people pay big money at Sea World for that type of experience!:eek:

Seriously??? We (thankfully!!) no longer can insult people of other colors, religions, backgrounds, sexual persuasion, etc.., but I guess if someone is overweight their feelings don't count so go for it. I figured someone would have to make a rude comment/joke about the woman - too bad I was right.

Seriously??? We (thankfully!!) no longer can insult people of other colors, religions, backgrounds, sexual persuasion, etc.., but I guess if someone is overweight their feelings don't count so go for it. I figured someone would have to make a rude comment/joke about the woman - too bad I was right.

Thank you.

People need to be proactive, especially so when this woman is not here to speak for herself (there but for the grace of god go I, as the saying goes)

Cheers!

(QUOTE) Seriously??? We (thankfully!!) no longer can insult people of other colors, religions, backgrounds, sexual persuasion, etc.., but I guess if someone is overweight their feelings don't count so go for it. I figured someone would have to make a rude comment/joke about the woman - too bad I was right.

Agree with above quote by Phoenix Dream...... not so funny

Edited by hcat

Thank you for your help. We will suck it and see what develops. If we are able to get some laps in we will. If the pool is full or being used for other activities we wont. I am fully cognisant that everyone who pays their entry fee is entitled to equal respect.

Being a swimmer I've attempted it once but it's just not big enough (for me). I'd get in 3 - 4 stokes then had to turn. Not worth it. What I do is opt for other exercises while at sea then go for a nice long open water swim when we get to the ports. Nothing like getting into the ocean and put a couple of miles in.

Also note that the pool is generally empty around 5 or 6pm too.

Good luck, just more turning than exercising for me.

Duane

Edited by Duanerice1

Thank you for your help. We will suck it and see what develops. If we are able to get some laps in we will. If the pool is full or being used for other activities we wont. I am fully cognisant that everyone who pays their entry fee is entitled to equal respect.

Yep -- just get there early and "go with the flow", so to speak. Also, on port days the pools tend to be less crowded, than on sea days. :cool:

Although, once on an RC ship, we went to the pool early on a port day -- AAHH... we had the Solarium pool all to ourselves -- for a few minutes. Suddenly, a large number of young crew members showed up, wearing bathing suits and life vests. The ship's Chief Safety Officer apologized for the inconvenience, but explained that they had a mandatory crew safety drill to conduct. We were allowed to stay pool-side, watch the drill (and even take pictures). It was very informative (and entertaining).

Being a swimmer I've attempted it once but it's just not big enough (for me). I'd get in 3 - 4 stokes then had to turn. Not worth it. What I do is opt for other exercises while at sea then go for a nice long open water swim when we get to the ports. Nothing like getting into the ocean and put a couple of miles in.

I had thought of the same thing myself. Perhaps Beanb41 (the OP) could go to the Ports of Call boards and check out some of the beaches that they will be visiting. There are some great swimming beaches, out there!

I had thought of the same thing myself. Perhaps Beanb41 (the OP) could go to the Ports of Call boards and check out some of the beaches that they will be visiting. There are some great swimming beaches, out there!

Or Day Resorts on land with much bigger pools that are more conducive to swimming lengths.

Cheers!

Or Day Resorts on land with much bigger pools that are more conducive to swimming lengths.

Cheers!

Some have made this a bigger issue than it really is. If the pool is not being used I will do some lengths if it is practical to do so. It is really no different than using a municipal swimming pool. Some days it is okay to swim lengths other days it is not.

Some have made this a bigger issue than it really is. If the pool is not being used I will do some lengths if it is practical to do so. It is really no different than using a municipal swimming pool. Some days it is okay to swim lengths other days it is not.

Hahahaha! Welcome to CC!