Wash & Fold Bag

tugboat

I put the bag in a trash can so it will not rip, it kinda holds the shape.

I then as above, fold really tignt, and keep pushing socks, underwear in till I cannot get the top closed, then DH uses "man" power and pushes down and I duct tap it shut.

I am truly impressed how much I can stuff in a bag, I should have counted.

Next cruise I will.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

It is pretty easy to get a good amount of clothes in the bag. I lay the underwear, socks flat and roll the t-shirts and shorts. Remember you can only use the Wash and Fold bag special on certain days and only include the specified items.

We missed the first day for using the bag on our TA. [second day was day 9 or 10] A bag appeared one day in our cabin without any information. So, we looked in the cruise compass for the next 2 days to see when to send it--but, no mention. So I call Guest services and they said I had missed it. She said the cabin steward should have told us when to send it. :( My advise is to make a point of asking when the acceptable day is.

Remember you can only use the Wash and Fold bag special on certain days and only include the specified items.

We have had the opposite experience. We've used the bag one of two days after the bag was left and never encountered a problem. It might depend on the ship.

Edited by cruisenfever

we just used this on the Allure and just had underclothes socks and a few tshirts, they came back so wrinked did not want to even wear the tshirts, if I would have to pay for this would have complained, they were awful!!!

we just used this on the Allure and just had underclothes socks and a few tshirts, they came back so wrinked did not want to even wear the tshirts, if I would have to pay for this would have complained, they were awful!!!

It must depend on the ship, because when we have used the Wash & Fold bag, all of my husbands tees came back neatly folded.

What items can you put in the bag? I'm doing a 10 day Mediterranean cruise with 5 days in Rome first and we are only allowed one checked and one carry on bag. Having nightmares about the packing!

Yes, a good question. I've done OK with collared knit shirts. Has anyone tried slacks and have them come back at all wearable? Wii they ever "reject" something put in the bag

, or charge separately?

What items can you put in the bag? I'm doing a 10 day Mediterranean cruise with 5 days in Rome first and we are only allowed one checked and one carry on bag. Having nightmares about the packing!

They want it limited to t-shirts, socks, underwear, pajamas, shorts.

I've never tried slacks and I think they would come out too wrinkled. I've never had a problem with the specified items coming back in good shape, neatly folded. We are able to get LOTS of clothing into the bag and this has been great when we've taken a long cruise and when we've had several days on land prior to the cruise such as on our last two cruises in the Med. It's made all the difference in how much we had to pack knowing that we could have fresh, clean clothes sent out on the ship. ;)

I have been able to use the bag "when I wanted to."

And to me, the key is "be gentle." Don't shove the stuff in. Be gentle and methodical.

:)

We have also used the bag whenever we wanted. In fact the room steward left us a couple of bags and told us to just use them on any day.

Yes, a good question. I've done OK with collared knit shirts. Has anyone tried slacks and have them come back at all wearable? Wii they ever "reject" something put in the bag

, or charge separately?

It's not so much that they "reject" them. Since they don't "qualify" for the stuff-a-bag for one price promotion, they'll charge you separately for them, priced from the laundry list.

:eek:

We used this service on the IOS and they were unwearable!!!!