Midnight Seafood Buffet

PrevailingConditions

Does Princess cruise lines ships offer a midnight seafood buffet on the first day of each cruise? My wife and I are early to bed and early to rise.:o

Short answer: No

The buffet on Princess ships is not open 24 hours. There is no midnight buffet available.

International Cafe is open 24 hours but it is not a buffet nor does it have seafood.

Short answer: No

The buffet on Princess ships is not open 24 hours. There is no midnight buffet available.

International Cafe is open 24 hours but it is not a buffet nor does it have seafood.

It does if you count the shrimp salad and a few fishy sandwiches, but I doubt that's what the OP is looking for anyway. :D

Up until a couple of years ago, the Princess buffet was open 24/7 so there was no "midnight" buffet. It's open from 5:30am (continental breakfast) until 11pm or so. You can get a full meal at any time from when it opens until it closes. Some lines close the buffet at 9am after breakfast or 2pm after lunch but on Princess, it doesn't close down from early until late.

As said, the International Cafe is open with a variety of food 24/7.

Does Princess cruise lines ships offer a midnight seafood buffet on the first day of each cruise? My wife and I are early to bed and early to rise.:o

I'm not sure. So I'll have to say, possibly. Give me your cabin number and I'll tell you all about it on the morning of the second day. ;)

In past years we have gone to the midnight buffets and the chocolate buffets. Now that they seem to have gone the way of the dinosaurs, we don't miss them. Other than observing what was being offered, we seldom participated in the feeding frenzy as did most of the pax up at that time from what I saw.

Princess used to offer a seafood buffet on sail away day out of Fort Lauderdale with lobster claws, shrimp and crab. Unfortunately that is a thing of the past.

Lew

Use to be my favorite thing on princess......

They now have crab shack which I will never go to because DH does not eat seafood:(

Edited by Reader0108598

I used to love the old Midnight Buffets. It was an event in itself. They were usually held in the main dining room and the food and desserts were works of art and placed on long tables placed together. The chefs would also be present wearing their white attire with the tall white chef hats, and you were first allowed to go in for a viewing and to take photos of the gorgeous food creations and then after the "viewing and photo taking", you could "dig in". If I recall, it was done on one of the formal nights as well.

I believe cruise lines had done away with this due to budget cuts and ending up throwing out a ton of food as most passengers were in bed by then.

It's too bad..I would love to see that return, even in a smaller scale. If I had already gone to bed, I would make it a point to get up, get dressed and go to it! LOL

Edited by abisha

On my first cruise, which was on Carnival, we did check out the midnight buffet. It was an elaborate spread, with carved fruit sculptures and elaborate desserts. But first you had to stand in a long line just to view (and photograph) it, and then stand in another long line to be able to partake in it (after the first line was suspended).

Never bothered with it on subsequent cruises. Didn't miss not having then when we started going on Princess cruises in 2003. We have had some elaborate spreads on Island night on Princess, and lunch time pool-side buffets on our last few cruises, but you didn't have to wait in a long line (at least I never had to) to be able to enjoy the food. And didn't have to stay up late at night.

We have seen the Midnight Buffets on NCLand Cunard , " back in the day".

While the presentations were lovely, it seemed to me to be a great waste of food.

On Princess, my DH and I may skip dessert at dinner (or not) and get a later evening treat at the HC or the IC- love the gelato!

The HC closes at 11PM, but we are tucked into our cabin before that hour!