Soda / Water Policy - Fall 2014 Thread

ignites

i know the official RCCL policy is no non-alcoholic drinks are allowed to brought on board but I've read a lot of people have success in doing so (but the threads were from back in 2011).

Just curious, has anyone been able to bring sodas/water bottles on board and if so, did you do anything special to 'conceal' or did you just slap a label on the box of water/soda.

Thanks!

I take water/soda all the time. PC is very bad about not excepting tote coolers or cases of water. But you can still carry it on, the porters just won't take it.

Everywhere else, I put what I want in a little tote cooler, put a tag on it and check it. In PC, it you are going from there, put it in a regular suitcase of some kind and then check it. Then you won't have any problem

I tape on the luggage tag on and reinforce the plastic with tape. My experiences checking water have been mixed. At Port Everglades they took it no problem and it was delivered to our room, in Tampa they made us carry it on, and in Galveston they let us check it but we had to pick it up from guest services once we were in international waters due to the state regulations. None of these were during spring break, when all bets are off.

any recent experiences with San Juan??

Sailed out of there in 2008, 2009, and 2010 and never had a problem.

Sailing again in March and hope to bring on water and some caffeine free soda.

San Juan has a duty free shop, inside the terminal, after security. We bought a case of water at the shop and brought it onboard.

We have taken a case of water on trips from Cape Liberty and Port of Baltimore with just a luggage tag. We did reinforce with duct tape, so it would arrive dry. No problems. One Florida port, we had to carry it ourselves, but I don't remember if it was Port Canaveral or Port Everglades.

We get a soda card, so never bothered to bring any on board.

what we have encountered thus far in 2014 ~ bringing water/soda aboard......

August 2014 ~ Baltimore....water/soda had to be carried on....

March 2014 ~ FortLauderdale/PortEverglades....water/soda carry on only...

February 2014 ~ Tampa....placed baggage tags on both water & soda no problem....both arrived with luggage a few dented soda cans....

so as you can see soda/water had to be carried on in both Port of Baltimore & Port Everglades and was able to place baggage tags on case of water & 2 12 packs of soda in Port of Tampa

Edited by 2004corvette

• 1 year later...
Any recent experiences in Baltimore?

was on Grandeur last month July 21st 10 day sailing....

CARRIED ON 2 (2 liter bottles) of Ginger Ale and a factory shrinked wrap 24 pack of (16 ounce) bottled waters with NO problems.

had all in a large grocery store tote bag placed on scanner belt after scanned agent inspected all bottles and caps and gently shook them and said "enjoy your cruise" :)

however did see several bottles of various mouthwashes, shampoos and even a few bottles of wine that were missing their foil cap wrappings that had been confiscated....:eek:

was on Grandeur last month July 21st 10 day sailing....

CARRIED ON 2 (2 liter bottles) of Ginger Ale and a factory shrinked wrap 24 pack of (16 ounce) bottled waters with NO problems.

had all in a large grocery store tote bag placed on scanner belt after scanned agent inspected all bottles and caps and gently shook them and said "enjoy your cruise" :)

however did see several bottles of various mouthwashes, shampoos and even a few bottles of wine that were missing their foil cap wrappings that had been confiscated....:eek:

What?? Now you can't even bring shampoo and mouthwash on board?????

What?? Now you can't even bring shampoo and mouthwash on board?????

YES can still bring on your toiletries :)

agent said contents of confiscated items had been replaced with BOOZE :cool:

appears any cap not factory sealed gets extra close inspection :eek: