Dawn Family Suite?

rhinomike

Can anybody tell me the sleeping arrangements in this Family Suite. Is that a closet right at the entrance or a small bedroom? Are there any fold out beds? I just see the main bed and a couch bed. It will sleep 6 but I don't know where. Thank you.

image.jpg.21cfc3c225cfa33256b74f47474b1bc7.jpg

Can anybody tell me the sleeping arrangements in this Family Suite. Is that a closet right at the entrance or a small bedroom? Are there any fold out beds? I just see the main bed and a couch bed. It will sleep 6 but I don't know where. Thank you.

The room at the entrance is a closet. Leads into the bathroom. The third bed folds down from the wall over where the round table and chairs are located.

There are a number of rooms that are sometimes called family suites.

BUT - if this is the one I visited.... the room to the right is a walkin closet/hallway into the bathroom.

There is some sort of divider that pulls out to give that bed some privacy. Then a couch and maybe a murphy bed? Not positive on that.

The Murphy bed was a bit on the small size for 2 adults. I brought an air mattress and one of my kids slept on the air mattress on the floor and an adult had the Murphy bed to themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the responses.

I can't convince my wife to give up our two connecting cabins for the suite. She is not liking the one bathroom. Oh well

Just a thought: Is the SJ the family suite with the balcony, or without?

If without, have you considered one of the middle two DOS right above the Bridge? Those have 2 BR (with doors) and 2 BA, plus a sleep sofa in the LR.

I'm not quite sure if they sleep 5 or 6.

Note that the two end DOS only have one BR and one BA, and can only accommodate a maximum of 4.

GeezerCouple

I can't convince my wife to give up our two connecting cabins for the suite. She is not liking the one bathroom. Oh well

Our family normally does connecting rooms or Balcony w/ inside across the hall for the kids.

But when we sail with NCL we do the family suite.

Although we really don't like sharing the room with the kids(13 & 9).

It isn't that bad.

Their is a large partition that pulls out around the bed to separate it from the rest, and curtains that go around the other beds.

The bathroom is pretty large and has a full size tub.

But the best features are the suite perks that come with it.

We have stayed in 2 SJ's and have a 3rd booked. I agree with others that the murphy bed really is a single bed for adults. We love the space, the big windows and that bathroom is fantastic. There are several you tube videos of those suites and several CC reviews with pictures. Show your wife that bathroom and that will convince her. The mini suite bathroom has the shower in a high walled tub which makes it difficult to get in and out of the shower. Plus the closet location in the mini suite is difficult to get into and out of as it is next to the bed. Are there any of the insides on 12 available for 2 of your party?

Just a thought: Is the SJ the family suite with the balcony, or without?

If without, have you considered one of the middle two DOS right above the Bridge? Those have 2 BR (with doors) and 2 BA, plus a sleep sofa in the LR.

I'm not quite sure if they sleep 5 or 6.

Note that the two end DOS only have one BR and one BA, and can only accommodate a maximum of 4.

GeezerCouple

The two center DOS on Star/Dawn sleep six. The floor plan shown on NCL is more for the outer DOS that sleep 4 but it still isn't fully accurate.

The two center DOS on Star/Dawn sleep six. The floor plan shown on NCL is more for the outer DOS that sleep 4 but it still isn't fully accurate.

It is really annoying for so many of NCL's cabin "floor plans" NOT to be accurate.

In the case of the end two DOS on Dawn, what's especially weird is that an accurate floor plan would show that the suite is larger and more appealing, not less so.

The Living Room area is larger, and juts out sideways just as the Bridge below does.

And there are WALLS OF FLOOR TO CEILING WINDOWS that the "floor plan" shows as solid walls. :confused:

And it's almost impossible to get an actual Floor Plan for those two middle DOS, which are totally different. It's even difficult to realize there are two separate bedrooms, plus LR with sleep sofa, and two separate full bathrooms.

And on some ship cabin/suite descriptions the SAME category is described differently, even though the Floor Plans are identical. SO... which is it?

NCL is a big company, with resources for accurate design/writing staff (inside or outsourced). The ships and cabins change configurations exceedingly rarely, during drydock.

Why can't NCL update each ship's online descriptions/diagrams whenever the "hardware" on board changes, which is a far more expensive and time-consuming task.

One shouldn't have to worry that what one will find on arrival won't match at all with the diagram posted online.

And it isn't okay to say some diagrams are only "representative", given how VERY infrequently a new diagram/description is needed.

GeezerCouple

It is really annoying for so many of NCL's cabin "floor plans" NOT to be accurate.

In the case of the end two DOS on Dawn, what's especially weird is that an accurate floor plan would show that the suite is larger and more appealing, not less so.

The Living Room area is larger, and juts out sideways just as the Bridge below does.

And there are WALLS OF FLOOR TO CEILING WINDOWS that the "floor plan" shows as solid walls. :confused:

And it's almost impossible to get an actual Floor Plan for those two middle DOS, which are totally different. It's even difficult to realize there are two separate bedrooms, plus LR with sleep sofa, and two separate full bathrooms.

And on some ship cabin/suite descriptions the SAME category is described differently, even though the Floor Plans are identical. SO... which is it?

NCL is a big company, with resources for accurate design/writing staff (inside or outsourced). The ships and cabins change configurations exceedingly rarely, during drydock.

Why can't NCL update each ship's online descriptions/diagrams whenever the "hardware" on board changes, which is a far more expensive and time-consuming task.

One shouldn't have to worry that what one will find on arrival won't match at all with the diagram posted online.

And it isn't okay to say some diagrams are only "representative", given how VERY infrequently a new diagram/description is needed.

GeezerCouple

At least now there are some resources out there to show/tell what the arrangement is like CC, you-tube, the deck plan site. We booked the Star DOS when they added the suites in 2010 and had no idea what we would be getting. Slowly info came out. Someone on one of the first sailings took numerous photos of the new rooms and posted them here. Then some videos appeared. In 4 years they haven't gotten the floor plan accurate/updated.

When we went in 2011 we really liked the outer DOS having seen very limited info. We went to Alaska so missing the balcony was not a big deal. The other problem they were having for awhile was blown seals in the windows so on our trip I think it was 3 full windows were fogged. Haven't heard much of that recently so hopefully they are past that.

The PoA addition of suites was also a debacle when that happened last year. Looking at the NCL site for the BA when it came out had differing info between what was noted on the deck plans vs. what the room descriptions say and I'm also seeing that on the Escape so you really have to do your research.

Edited by dexddd

Love the SJ on the Dawn! Amazing windows/views. No way would I put 6 people in there, however, unless maybe three adults, an infant in a crib and two kids to share the sofa bed, and that would still be waaaay too much together time for me! You could fit two adults and a kid in the big bed.

The Murphy bed is extremely comfortable (for one). Two small adults or kids could probably make do. I'm told the sofa is uncomfortable for anybody but small kids to sleep on. It's very comfy to sit and curl up on, however!

The bathroom is quite large, with two sinks, so multiple people could do makeup/shave, etc at the same time so long as nobody needed the toilet. And the hair dryer is in the main room.