San Diego- Vancouver Pricing?

I have been pricing the SD to Vancouver 6 day cruise from 5/16-5/22/2015 with stops in Catalina, San Francisco, and Vancouver on the Jewell of The Seas.

I am sticker shocked at the prices. A Jr. Suite for 4, including 2 children sailing free on the Kids Sail Free Promo, is over 6,000.00- two thousand more than a 7 day, 4 ports of call cruise if call sailing on the Freedom in the Caribbean.

An E1 balcony is over 3000.00.

Can anyone explain these extremely high prices for a 6 day cruise with only 2 ports of call. Vancouver is # 3- the disembarkation port. I have been on 29 cruises and never seen such high prices for the product offered.

Thank you.

I have been pricing the SD to Vancouver 6 day cruise from 5/16-5/22/2015 with stops in Catalina, San Francisco, and Vancouver on the Jewell of The Seas.

I am sticker shocked at the prices. A Jr. Suite for 4, including 2 children sailing free on the Kids Sail Free Promo, is over 6,000.00- two thousand more than a 7 day, 4 ports of call cruise if call sailing on the Freedom in the Caribbean.

Can anyone explain these extremely high prices for a 6 day cruise with only 2 ports of call. Vancouver is # 3- the disembarkation port. I have been on 29 cruises and never seen such high prices for the product offered.

Thank you.

I think they just throw things at the wall and see what sticks.

RCI prices have been ridiculously high since May. Wait until after the final payment date and the prices will be much cheaper.

Bill

Thank you.

Lots of people were very excited to learn RC was going to do the west coast! Myself, being one of the many, we booked the day they were all released! As mentioned ...... Demand!

Thank you.

The 8 day Vancouver to LA - Sept 2015 is very reasonable.

I have been pricing the SD to Vancouver 6 day cruise from 5/16-5/22/2015 with stops in Catalina, San Francisco, and Vancouver on the Jewel of The Seas.

Thank you.

As stated, it is supply and demand. RCCL abandoned us on the west coast a few years ago, and we have been waiting like rabid dogs for 'anything' to release. When they did it, we pounced on it. The first day of the rollcall, we had more than double the people needed for the M&M.

The cruise you are looking at is the 2nd busiest rollcall of all the active Jewel cruises. Our October 3rd 2015 is the busiest.

We have been trying to send RCCL a message related to returning ships to the west coast. Hopefully they've got it. Wish you luck on this one :D

As others have said it is the uniqueness of a west coast cruise. I am on that one and booked early. We have seen the price of our outside cabin increase by over $300.

We are also on the September 26th and looking today I see there are no suites (JS and above) left on that cruise.

It's the chance to cruise the left coast on Royal. :)

Lots of people were very excited to learn RC was going to do the west coast! Myself, being one of the many, we booked the day they were all released! As mentioned ...... Demand!

We are also on the Sept. 26th cruise, and booked as soon as I saw the roll call.

This cruise is costing almost as much as Hawaii, but we loved the itinerary. :)

Pat

We are also on the Sept. 26th cruise, and booked as soon as I saw the roll call.

This cruise is costing almost as much as Hawaii, but we loved the itinerary. :)

Pat

Also on the Sept 26th and so glad I booked when I did..Our D1 true aft cabin for the two of us has gone up $625.00.

We all promised RCI if they would test our west coast water's again we would book..and many of us did as soon as we were given the chance. :)

I, too, am glad they are "testing the waters", because I want all the major cruise lines to come back to Southern California with some of their newer ships.

I live in San Diego and have witnessed the exodus of the Carnival Spirit, the Elation, the Oosterdam, the Carnival Splendor- all who offered year round Itineraries to Mexico, the RCI Mariner, and some year round Princess ships.

As many do, I love cruising, and want to be able to cruise from time to time last minute and without airfare.

The Princess promo for California coastals last year was awesome- 100 % back of your cruise fare to apply to a future cruise.

Right now the Princess 7 day Wine country itinerary with one extra port of call, and 1 extra day is 2000.00 less for a mini suite than the Jewel.

My daughter is set on the Jewell because of the Catalina stop and 2 days in San Francisco.

I do not believe that is worth 2000.00.

I hope the Mexico scare is over and the ships come home to Southern California.

Disney is trying it, but their price tag is too high for the itinerary offered.

We'll see!

Thank you.

We booked this cruise the minute it became available, in February. I thought the price was high at that time, and since then the prices have gone up. (I wouldn't book it at today's price.)

The reason is as stated by others, pent-up demand for a RCI ship on the West Coast.

Edited by travelgoddess1

The 8 day Vancouver to LA - Sept 2015 is very reasonable.

My daughter is set on the Jewell because of the Catalina stop and 2 days in San Francisco.

luv4cruises, could you consider the 9/18/15 Jewel sailing? (Vancouver to LA). The itinerary offers the overnight in San Francisco, and then perhaps you could take a day trip to Catalina sometime from Dana Point Harbor for your daughter. Presently, E3s are $2682.40 for 2, and D2s are $3,174.40 for 2- and it's an 8 nt. cruise. :)