Annoying Message on Website

laslomas

Is anyone else getting this really annoying message when opening the Celebrity website through Internet Explorer? Each time I go to the site there is a message on top of the Home Page with a triangle containing an exclamation mark and stating: "For the best experience on our site we encourage you to upgrade Internet Explorer". The last three words are underlined as a link. I ignored this for several days but it is so annoying as it continues through the pages on the website as I search cruises etc. Today I decided to click the link and it took me to the Microsoft website downloads page and had the statement "Guess what? Your system already has the latest version installed!" :confused:

How mad is that! I do not get a this message using Google Chrome as my browser, and nor do I get it using IE for other websites. Why does Celebrity think I need to upgrade when Microsoft say I have the latest version? I know the answer is to forget using IE and stick with Chrome but it is just so mad.

It is the browser that is causing the problem, not the operating system. Windows 8.1 comes with the latest browser. What doesn't make sense is that MS is telling you that you have the most updated version but CelebrityCruises.com disagrees. Hmm. What version of MSIE are you running?

Interesting. I've run into cases where Internet Explorer doesn't work on Celebrity pages in the past. Just ran into this posting on another thread yesterday:

Thanks for your replies. Still wasn't getting anywhere so I phoned Celebrity in UK. A lovely lady called Emma told me that 'Explorer' does not dowload the brochure properly/at all, you have to use Firefox, which I don't have.

She then very kindly offered to email me the excursion brochures I needed and within 10 mins problem fixed. Could not fault the Customer Service in Weybridge. Shame the same could not be said about the website.......................

Thanks again for all the help

Lyn

It was from this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2028434

I will say that most of the pages that didn't work with Explorer in the past seem to work now - perhaps they are slowly fixing these.

What is the MOST annoying thing (at least to me) on the website:

I find a cruise I'm interested in,

Click the date I'd like,

Put in THREE (3) adults,

State I live in,

CC #,

Click "book now" to get the pricing

AND THEN....

It gives me pricing for TWO (2) passengers...soooooooooooo frustrating!

Now matter what cruise I try to price! It will only do 2 people!

I've tried doing the booking with 2 adults, 1 child...same thing.

I then have to go to an online travel site to at least get some idea of what a cruise for 3 would cost.

The Celebrity website is useless.....

What is the MOST annoying thing (at least to me) on the website:

I find a cruise I'm interested in,

Click the date I'd like,

Put in THREE (3) adults,

State I live in,

CC #,

Click "book now" to get the pricing

AND THEN....

It gives me pricing for TWO (2) passengers...soooooooooooo frustrating!

Now matter what cruise I try to price! It will only do 2 people!

I've tried doing the booking with 2 adults, 1 child...same thing.

I then have to go to an online travel site to at least get some idea of what a cruise for 3 would cost.

The Celebrity website is useless.....

I just tried a dummy booking for Bahamas and put in 3, state, etc. and hit offers. It came up with $350 OBC and $449 per person. When I hit book now it gave me a total price of $1,347 which would be 3 X 449.

I think it is so weird that their system will work on some computers and not on others.

BTW, I am using Internet Explorer on a computer with Windows 8.

It is the browser that is causing the problem, not the operating system. Windows 8.1 comes with the latest browser. What doesn't make sense is that MS is telling you that you have the most updated version but CelebrityCruises.com disagrees. Hmm. What version of MSIE are you running?

Exactly. I have Windows 8.1, and according to Microsoft I have the latest version of IE. According to Celebrity I need to upgrade. According to my computer I have IE Version 11 and run automatic updates.

Never mind, I will use Chrome for Celebrity.com - but still daft!!!

Exactly. I have Windows 8.1, and according to Microsoft I have the latest version of IE. According to Celebrity I need to upgrade. According to my computer I have IE Version 11 and run automatic updates.

Never mind, I will use Chrome for Celebrity.com - but still daft!!!

Don't let Microsoft off the hook so quick. I have two programs at work that require IE for access but aren't compatible with IE 11. They can be a real pain in the ass when they come out with new versions. We're skipping Windows 8 and waiting for 10 because it's supposed to be more like 7. Every time they update MS Office, my end users freak out. Between compatibility issues and retraining end users, I'm about ready to go cut grass for a living.