Just Buy Bottles of Wine - not a Package - Onboard?

ramco

Most options have been suggested....nice to have choices

we have sent ourselves wine gift...to the stateroom..

we have carried two btls on at embarkation

we have used an Elite discount coupon for wine in our dining rm,,.BLU

also have had the alcohol package..restricted choices but OK for dh at dinner

mark up on board is high but to be expected.....

Not being critical but how much is the military discount? The Classic Beverage package is worth about $1000 on our 10 day cruise.
The military discount varies greatly from one cruise to another.

The value of the classic beverage package also varies greatly depending on whether or not the person is a heavy drinker.

For you the classic beverage package may be worth about $1000 on a 10 day cruise, but for us it would only be worth about $240. For some, it would be worth nothing at all.

Edited by varoo

The military discount varies greatly from one cruise to another.

The value of the classic beverage package also varies greatly depending on whether or not the person is a heavy drinker.

For you the classic beverage package may be worth about $1000 on a 10 day cruise, but for us it would only be worth about $240. For some, it would be worth nothing at all.

$1000 is the cost of the Classic Beverage Package for two on a 10 day cruise. Obviously, if you do not drink the package is essentially worthless. You are indicating $24 a day which is essentially 3 drinks. Not sure if you meant per person. That said, we are not big drinkers. If we have no beverage package we just take some wine with us so my wife can have her glass before bed while she reads. Plus we take our own diet sodas. Maybe have one drink per day and one bottle of wine on formal nights. With Beverage package we do take advantage a little and a typical day could be as folllows. I am approximating prices as I remember. Quantities are per person

Fresh squeezed OJ $4

Two drinks during day $16 (could be less if we do an all day excursion)

Two glasses wine at dinner $16

Specialty coffee $5

Drink after dinner at show $8

Glass wine before bed $8

Three sodas $9

Bottled Water $4

---------------------------------

Total per day $70

So for a 10 day cruise, total cost could be $1400 give or take, so free Beverage Package is a good deal, particularly considering I do not qualify for a military discount. Also, on this cruise, we are going with four couples, so a few more drinks are definitely in order.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes you can drink anywhere on the ship without corkage fees. Not sure how they know, I assume they probably ask at dinner, or maybe recognize the label of the wine as one of those they sell on board. Perhaps they affix some sort of label, but I can't say for certain. Or maybe they check the guest record inconspicuously while you dine to see if you had a gift before charging the corkage fee.

There are also times they set up "stands" and sell full bottle of wines outside the buffet for discounted pricing.

Likely they just know the brands available on board.

Just off the phone with Celebrity...I was going to buy a couple of bottles of wine thru Gifts by Celebrity and was told that there will be a $25 corkage fee if it was taken to the dining room. How can I make sure that wont happen before I sent the bottle to the dining room?

Just off the phone with Celebrity...I was going to buy a couple of bottles of wine thru Gifts by Celebrity and was told that there will be a $25 corkage fee if it was taken to the dining room. How can I make sure that wont happen before I sent the bottle to the dining room?

I have just returned from a Celebrity cruise.

I ordered 3 bottles wine through the Gifts site.

I had one sparkiling delivered to my room and 2 white delivered to the main dining room.

I did not have have to pay any corkage fees to enjoy them with my dinner.

I think this is a prime example of call back and ask someone else and you'll get another answer. My best advice for dealing with United Airlines.

Things on cruises are so varied it's nearly impossible to expect all shoreside staff in all departments to know all the nuances of policies of the line. Some vary ship to ship even, some itinerary to itinerary!

Likely this agent is aware of the corkage fee but unaware it applies to stuff not bought from celebrity.

I always find ship-side staff to be far more accommodating than the information given by the shoreside staff.

If you get discount for over 55 123Go isn't available.

123Go isn't always available in all countries, even if it is Grats or OBC may be better value for a light drinker.

But yes you can but a bottle and take back to your room.