Celebrity Century arrived in Sydney 10 Oct

It was a wonderful cruise from San Francisco. Ship is in pretty good shape for an old girl. Staff was terrific, food fabulous, shows were great and ports (although few and far between) were excellent. The Captain is very social and is often seen out and about in the Cove Cafe and the Island Buffet etc.

She is quite a small ship - smallest I have been on - all those cruising on her in the near future will enjoy!!!

So I understand this is the last season for Century before she leaves the Celebrity fleet. So what's happening to her? Is she being moved to another company/fleet?

yes, she is being sold off. Her last cruise goes from Dubai to Singapore before a drydock and refit/refurbishment and she then joins Exquisite Marine, part of Ctrip Holdings (a chinese company).:D

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5971

So I understand this is the last season for Century before she leaves the Celebrity fleet. So what's happening to her? Is she being moved to another company/fleet?

Sold off to a new partnership with Royal Caribbean, operating out of China. So gives them more access to the growth they are looking for in that region, but getting her out of the Celebrity fleet as they'd planned to.

The rumour on board ship was that it was one Chinese family who had bought the ship (Alibaba), that they had been on the ship as it travelled down from Alaska to San Francisco and that it would continue to be a cruise ship in China.

Don't know how true some of this is....but definitely true that it will be cruising around China.

The rumour on board ship was that it was one Chinese family who had bought the ship (Alibaba), that they had been on the ship as it travelled down from Alaska to San Francisco and that it would continue to be a cruise ship in China.

Don't know how true some of this is....but definitely true that it will be cruising around China.

If that family owns either Exquisite Marine, or Ctrip Holdings then you may have heard correctly.:D

Hi Mic!!

Good to see that you and Rosie are still cruisin' :D

Anne and David (from Solstice last year)

Yes, we are still going, we have a few booked to keep us going for now but always looking for more.

That was a great cruise, I cannot believe the time has passed so quickly.:D

Annenic - glad to hear you had a great cruise on the Century. Am going on her soon. Can you please answer a question about air conditioning in the public rooms. Was the air conditioning at a comfortable temperature, or was it on the cold side? Just want to know what to pack. I've found on some cruise ships that the public areas are quite cold even if it's warm outside - so not a great idea to pack short sleeve clothes to wear at night. Other cruise ships have been quite a comfortable temperature. Just wondering about the Century?

Annenic - glad to hear you had a great cruise on the Century. Am going on her soon. Can you please answer a question about air conditioning in the public rooms. Was the air conditioning at a comfortable temperature, or was it on the cold side? Just want to know what to pack. I've found on some cruise ships that the public areas are quite cold even if it's warm outside - so not a great idea to pack short sleeve clothes to wear at night. Other cruise ships have been quite a comfortable temperature. Just wondering about the Century?

Hi Shazzajoy,

I found the air conditioning to be pretty good. Generally I feel the cold but on this cruise air con was really fine. There were a couple of nights I chose to wear long sleeves to the dining room but I probably would have been fine with short/no sleeves.

Anyhow, it was not like on some cruises where I have felt the need to wear a shawl, jacket or jumper because I was cold.

There were however, some people I noticed around the ship with light jumpers on but I think they may have been on an outside deck where the breeze at times was a bit cool.

Hope this helps :) Enjoy your cruise!!:D:D

Hi Shazzajoy,

I found the air conditioning to be pretty good. Generally I feel the cold but on this cruise air con was really fine. There were a couple of nights I chose to wear long sleeves to the dining room but I probably would have been fine with short/no sleeves.

Anyhow, it was not like on some cruises where I have felt the need to wear a shawl, jacket or jumper because I was cold.

There were however, some people I noticed around the ship with light jumpers on but I think they may have been on an outside deck where the breeze at times was a bit cool.

Hope this helps :) Enjoy your cruise!!:D:D

Thanks so much for your helpful advice which will help me in knowing what to pack . Glad to know the temperature is kept at a pleasant level.

Yes, we're also counting down the days until the 1st Dec when we start our 21 nights onboard:D. We've only experienced Celebrity on the Infinity doing a B2B last rear.

Enjoy your cruise but just make sure you don't break the ship before we board.:D

Hi Rosie,

I must say "you are looking mighty good" ;)

You'll love the Century! I know it is a smaller ship than the Solstice but it really feels much, much smaller!! Doesn't handle the big waves as well as Solstice. We came though some big seas from San Francisco to Sydney and you could feel it. Many people were wearing patches behind their ears. I didn't think it was bad though and I actually enjoyed the movement.

She's a beautiful old lady. The staff were sensational and with so many sea days we got to know many of them quiet well.

Enjoy!