Wonderful customer service

mwlillie

Today is the 4th day in a row I've called Carnival to pre-pay gratuities on the two cabins for our December cruise.

And today is the 4th time in a row I've spent over 30 minutes waiting for someone to pick up the freaking phone at Carnival after being placed on hold.

What is going on there? Is it a shortage of people, or maybe do they need to upgrade their voice response system.

Edited by mwlillie

Just hung up again after waiting 52 minutes on hold.

This is the fifth time I've called 1.800.764.7419 and still haven't spoken to someone to pre-pay my gratuities.

I, after posting this. will be writing a very harsh letter to Carnival about their lackluster customer support.

This is the fifth time I've called 1.800.764.7419 and still haven't spoken to someone to pre-pay my gratuities.

I, after posting this. will be writing a very harsh letter to Carnival about their lackluster customer support.

That's not the number I have for Carnival. Try 1.800.819.3902

Are you hitting Prompt #4? I just called them about an hour ago and only waited a moment or two.

You can pay your gratuities on line also. 52 Minutes? I would have hung up after 5.

Today is the 4th day in a row I've called Carnival to pre-pay gratuities on the two cabins for our December cruise.

And today is the 4th time in a row I've spent over 30 minutes waiting for someone to pick up the freaking phone at Carnival after being placed on hold.

What is going on there? Is it a shortage of people, or maybe do they need to upgrade their voice response system.

Assuming you added a credit card number to your account when you booked and/or completed online check-in, just let them charge your gratuities to your credit card at the conclusion of your cruise. Before you sail, pay that amount on your credit card. Bingo...pre-paid gratuities with no hold time!

Edited by Badfinger

Why waste your time? Just apply that amount to your credit card.