Does anyone ever.......?

vent1020

I thought I was the only one that did this! So happy to know I am not alone. The best way to make sure you don't experience pre-vacation depression (similar to post vacay blues) is to have another vacation planned and another pre-planned. I am hitting the Epic in 44 days but also have a trip to Vegas planned for next June and am researching another cruise just to see what is out there and what possible itineraries are. Maybe it's just that we enjoy the planning as much as the journey (or almost as much :)

You couldn't be more spot on. I absolutely LOVE the planning part of any vacation. Cruise or not, maybe I need to start planning my next trip. ;)

I know exactly what you are talking about. If you want your wife to take more cruises. Maybe you can find a few things that she will LOVE!! Not sure what things she likes. My hubby and I have little things that have made all

of our cruises special. Maybe have flowers in the cabin. Fill a tub one night and have a chilled bottle of wine or champagne. Whatever things are that she likes. It might make her more willing to go again.

I know exactly what you are talking about. If you want your wife to take more cruises. Maybe you can find a few things that she will LOVE!! Not sure what things she likes. My hubby and I have little things that have made all

of our cruises special. Maybe have flowers in the cabin. Fill a tub one night and have a chilled bottle of wine or champagne. Whatever things are that she likes. It might make her more willing to go again.

Or maybe do what she wants to do at least half, if not more of the time. Cruising is great, but it only allows one to see a small part of the world and such limited experiences. I think it's great that she wants to do other types of travel. Mix it up! If I want to spend a week long vacation hiking in the mountains, filling a tub on a ship isn't going to change my mind.

So, down to 50 days to go before my cruise. And being a working man, it will probably be my last cruise for several years.(or longer....my wife doesn't love it as much as me and wants to do other types of trips for the next several years)

I booked this cruise back in March of 2013, so I have been looking forward to it for about a year and a half. So, my question. Does anyone else ever get to the point where the cruise gets so close, so does the realization that once it's done, it's DONE? I know I should just be focusing on the cruise itself coming up, but can't help to think that so is the fact that once it's over(something I have been looking forward to, what seems like forever) that's it for a while. :(

I see you have a suite booked so maybe this will change her mind and you will be able to cruise more often. Suites are amazing and that is how we started cruising. Now my dh only wants to book suites but unfortunately that can't always be done. :(

I see you have a suite booked so maybe this will change her mind and you will be able to cruise more often. Suites are amazing and that is how we started cruising. Now my dh only wants to book suites but unfortunately that can't always be done. :(

That's what I am hoping. That the suite experience will change her mind. It's not that she doesn't like cruising, she just doesn't like it as much as me. :D

Like someone mentioned above about cruises being so limited on what you see. She prefers vacations were you can explore more of one area.

Land Locked Oh My.

Maybe the Suite Life will change her mind.

How hard would it be to do both drive to LA or Houston. Not sure what part of Utah you are in.

If not, enjoy the family any time you can spend it together and ease her into another trip down the road. Just enjoy this one to the MAX.

Enjoy, life is to short to be anything but happy.

Land Locked Oh My.

Maybe the Suite Life will change her mind.

How hard would it be to do both drive to LA or Houston. Not sure what part of Utah you are in.

If not, enjoy the family any time you can spend it together and ease her into another trip down the road. Just enjoy this one to the MAX.

Enjoy, life is to short to be anything but happy.

The drive to Houston would be way too long, like 24 hours. It's only 10 hours to LA. The problem is, two kids(3 and 8) and also, I just don't know about doing a 10 hour drive back after the cruise is over. I suppose it is always an option though.

I plan on putting down $250 for our next cruise to take advantage of the $100 OBC you get. Don't have to take a trip for 4 years when you do that. I know by then she'll be ready for another one(Even if I have to book it myself and surprise her with it.) ;)

We go on a couple cruises then I hear DH start saying....I've had enough time for some land vacations. We go on one or two land vacations and I start hearing, I'm ready for a cruise. I never have your feeling because I know we will always have a good mix between the 2 :D. It's a good thing I like to go on and plan both types of vacations. My 2 favorite place to vacation are Desert/Mountains and the Ocean. Heading for a Town House in Arizona this weekend with just DH after doing a road trip to Mall of America and the Dells with the family this past August. DH already has me looking into a couples cruise and a family cruise for next year. I can handle that ;):p.

Edited by Warm Breezes

We go on a couple cruises then I hear DH start saying....I've had enough time for some land vacations. We go on one or two land vacations and I start hearing, I'm ready for a cruise. I never have your feeling because I know we will always have a good mix between the 2 :D. It's a good thing I like to go on and plan both types of vacations. My 2 favorite place to vacation are Desert/Mountains and the Ocean. Heading for a Town House in Arizona this weekend with just DH after doing a road trip to Mall of America and the Dells with the family this past August. DH already has me looking into a couples cruise and a family cruise for next year. I can handle that ;):p.

Yes, this! It's so important to have a balance.

I also like to take land vacations to places I originally "sampled" on a cruise. For example, some of the Caribbean islands are like a different world when no cruise ships are in port. That's when one can really experience them.