Non-Alcoholic Package Worth It?

bzv143

We will be traveling on the Century out of Sydney for 12 days and was wondering if $220 per person is worth it for the Non-Alcoholic Drink Package. How much is bottled water, a coke, and a Perrier water onboard with tip if we just buy by the glass?

Any help appreciated, as I am in a quandary! Thanx!!! :confused:

Our Century cruise is offering two Non-Alcoholic drink packages for our 12 day cruise: a Classic and a Premium. The Classic is $16 per day per person and the Premium is $20 a day per person. My DH likes Perrier and cokes, and we both like bottles of water in our cabin. We are not big on specialty coffees or teas or juices.

I am wondering if anyone knows what a coke costs onboard--with tip. Also, what a sparkling water costs, and what a large bottle of water costs for the cabin.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry if I sound dumb but exactly what drinks come under the non-alcoholic bev package? We've booked a Baltic cruise for next year and guest #3 gets this package. From your comments it looks like one is entitled to specialty coffees and teas, plus frozen drinks, what else is included? Thanks in advance:)

The Classic non-alcoholic package includes freshly squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas and non-premium bottled water, as well as soft and canned drinks such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero. If you want premium bottled water - Evian, Perrier etc - then you need to have the Premium package.

OD

The Classic non-alcoholic package includes freshly squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas and non-premium bottled water, as well as soft and canned drinks such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero. If you want premium bottled water - Evian, Perrier etc - then you need to have the Premium package.

OD

Thanks Officer Dibble.

Here's a beverage calculator put together by another CC member.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42696955&postcount=1

Plug in your particulars including number of types of beverages you'd consume on a sea and port day and it will let you know if it's a value for you or not and recommend a particular package based on your replies.

It also has prices listed, though I can not confirm accuracy of current pricing, it was revamped for 2014.

Not for me as I am fine with the ship's water and the other included beverages. I don't drink soft drinks, or energy drinks. If I did I would take my own on board as you are allowed to do that.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We will be traveling on the Century out of Sydney for 12 days and was wondering if $220 per person is worth it for the Non-Alcoholic Drink Package. How much is bottled water, a coke, and a Perrier water onboard with tip if we just buy by the glass?

Any help appreciated, as I am in a quandary! Thanx!!! :confused:

You do not have to buy the package in advance. You can wait until you are on board and take a day or more to check out the prices, what no-extra charge options are on board, and your own consumption on the extra cost items. Then if you want to buy a package you can do so on board and the price will be pro-rated for the remaining nights on board. In general the packages are only advantageous for those who consume above average quantities of the included beverages or those willing to pay extra for an all inclusive beverage experience.

Personally, we enjoy the premium NA packages when we sail but we prefer to drink bottled water on board (and we drink a lot of water), like sparking water, and prefer the espresso bar coffee on board to the no-extra charge coffee. If we didn't have the packages we probably wouldn't quite spend the cost of the packages (although we'd come close) but with the packages we consume a bit more as we don't even think about the cost when ordering. So we fit both of the criteria in the last sentence of the paragraph above.

Edited by Lsimon