Foodie seeks Miami Romantic Restaurant

nwcruisemamma

Hi,

Booked a room at the Holiday Inn for one night pre-cruise. I'm hoping this wasn't a bad choice as it seems to get either great reviews or horrible ones. My husband and I would like to eat dinner at a top Miami restaurant, preferably not a chain and with a romantic setting. Price doesn't matter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

Booked a room at the Holiday Inn for one night pre-cruise. I'm hoping this wasn't a bad choice as it seems to get either great reviews or horrible ones. My husband and I would like to eat dinner at a top Miami restaurant, preferably not a chain and with a romantic setting. Price doesn't matter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Do you want indoor or outdoor dining?

Michaels Genuine is my favorite hotel in Miami but there are lots of great places close to downtown.

The Forge would also be one of my favorites.

Thank you for all the great suggestions.

We would prefer to be outside with great ambiance.

Also, we are flying cross country all day then shuttling down from fort Lauderdale so want to spend as little time in a taxi to get to dinner as possible.

Thanks again keep the suggestions coming!:)

Hi,

Thanks!

May we suggest Pied A Terre

Go for the Tasting Menu with Paired Wines ;)

Sorry you required outside.

Suggest SMITH & WOLLENSKY

Edited by PORT ROYAL

May we suggest Pied A Terre

Go for the Tasting Menu with Paired Wines ;)

Sorry you required outside.

Suggest SMITH & WOLLENSKY

If you don't mind my asking how long would a taxi ride take on a Saturday night at 7ish? My shuttle service told me not to book a south beach hotel because on a Saturday night it could take 30minutes to an hour just to get across to the south beach area is this true? If yes, do you have any suggestions downtown for eating. I really like the menu at Pied A Terre it reminds me of the tasting menu at our favorite French restaurant in Seattle Chez Shea.

Thanks for your assistance!

If you don't mind my asking how long would a taxi ride take on a Saturday night at 7ish? My shuttle service told me not to book a south beach hotel because on a Saturday night it could take 30minutes to an hour just to get across to the south beach area is this true? If yes, do you have any suggestions downtown for eating. I really like the menu at Pied A Terre it reminds me of the tasting menu at our favorite French restaurant in Seattle Chez Shea.

Consider THE CAPITAL GRILLE

The Wine List has a nice selection of USA Wines

Taxi ride on a Saturday night at 7ish can usually be along ride. There is a lot of construction going on and it can take forever. The shuttle service would be correct on this one.

Thank you for all the great suggestions.

We would prefer to be outside with great ambiance.

Also, we are flying cross country all day then shuttling down from fort Lauderdale so want to spend as little time in a taxi to get to dinner as possible.

Thanks again keep the suggestions coming!:)

What kind of food are you looking for? It would be much easier to give suggestions as there really is so much around.

Blue Herons gave you two wonderful ideas, they are locally owned and highly rated. Both are a short cab ride away. Michaels' Genuine does have some outside seating. If you do want it, then make sure and make reservations ahead of time as they aren't always easy to get. I waited to long and could only get 10 PM for this past Saturday night.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse is a small chain however it is wonderful and right on the river with outside seating. It's only a few minute walk from your hotel.

Sea Salt and Pepper is romantic, has outside seating and is not a chain. It can be very crazy here however and you will need a reservation.

La Mar and Azul are fantastic restaurants over at the Mandarin Oriental in Key Biscayne. Both are highly rated. It's not far from your hotel. DB Moderne Bistro is great and is walkable. Zuma is sushi and wonderful and can also be walked to. Fantastic views.

The Capital Grille is wonderful but it's a chain restaurant and it does not have outside dining.

Sadly, I can not offer any other Restaurants, as one only reccomends where having dined and enjoyed.

Could you add one that would appeal to the OP?

Your input would be appreciated.

:D

Sadly, I can not offer any other Restaurants, as one only reccomends where having dined and enjoyed.

Could you add one that would appeal to the OP?

Your input would be appreciated.

:D

Your suggestion was a great one, it's a highly rated restaurant and I do enjoy eating there! I'm actually heading there tonight for burger and glass of wine.

And I do agree, I recommend restaurants that I have eaten in.

Edited by cjskids

=

La Mar and Azul are fantastic restaurants over at the Mandarin Oriental in Key Biscayne. Both are highly rated. It's not far from your hotel. DB Moderne Bistro is great and is walkable. Zuma is sushi and wonderful and can also be walked to. Fantastic views.

Azul used to be one of my favorite restaurants in Miami but I haven't eaten there since Michelle Bernstein was the head chef!! LOL!

To the OP The Forge is very romantic but it does not have outside seating.

Ortanique is another wonderful restaurant.