Inside "sideways" cabin on Royal or similar

2wheelin

The sideways cabins are great. They have a different configuration and are larger. Instead if entering the cabin into a hallway, you enter directly into the cabin. The "hallway" becomes extra living space.

The only negative is that by entering directly into the sleeping area, if someone opens the door there's a lack of privacy.

I would definitely keep this cabin.

Any problems with noise as I presume the bed is closer to the passageway.? Still not quite sure where the door enters on these cabins. Corner or along the side?

Thanks for the info.

Door opens at the foot of the bed that is along the hallway wall (if it is setup as twins). Beware of the quad cabins - I just stayed in C431 (a sideways cabin) and it is a quad - there was nothing on the map to indicate this was the case. It turned out that the upper berths weren't a huge deal though and we stored the ladders under the bed (otherwise you lose 1/2 of your closet space).

I slept in the bed that was on the hallway wall and there were no issues with noise (and I'm a light sleeper).

Edited by kmhkmb

Dave Walker (DMWNC1957) sailed in as sideways interior last December on the Royal Princess and posted these photos. You can see the door in the third photo and the reflection of the door in the second photo.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40867904&postcount=273

This is a post from a similar thread with a link to even more of Dave's photos:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2035996&page=2

Nan_Sea posted this photo of a twin bed setup.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/08/original/y5y2uryd.jpg

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by MarKay525

Door opens at the foot of the bed that is along the hallway wall (if it is setup as twins). Beware of the quad cabins - I just stayed in C431 (a sideways cabin) and it is a quad - there was nothing on the map to indicate this was the case. It turned out that the upper berths weren't a huge deal though and we stored the ladders under the bed (otherwise you lose 1/2 of your closet space).

I slept in the bed that was on the hallway wall and there were no issues with noise (and I'm a light sleeper).

If you look at the right deck plans , not princess, it clearly states that it's a quad.

To check Princess online deck plans to see if the cabin is a quad or not, make like 3 or 4 people would be using it rather then the "2 person" default. It will say if it is a cabin for that many people or not. The Cruise Atlas book also shows in the deck plans if the cabin is a quad or not.

<<<Karen>>>

Here is a PDF file of Royal Princess (Regal Princess cabins will be identical) showing the occupancy configurations:

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/deckplans/PC_Royal_Deckplans.pdf

And here are some additional pictures to those linked above by MarKay525 showing sideways inside quads:

Inside quad C316 made up with a queen bed configuration

11269841476_e89eb66685_c.jpg

11269842136_927d0e331b_c.jpg

C430

11270022433_bbf63a0e6e_c.jpg

11270022443_d115b0ba25_c.jpg

To piggyback on this topic-

does anyone have pictures of the quad with bunks in use. That will be what we are doing on our next cruise on the Regal. I wanted to see how much space there is once the bunks are let down from the wall.

The sideways cabins are great. They have a different configuration and are larger. Instead if entering the cabin into a hallway, you enter directly into the cabin. The "hallway" becomes extra living space.

The only negative is that by entering directly into the sleeping area, if someone opens the door there's a lack of privacy.

I would definitely keep this cabin.

Thank you Pam for your reassurance . We just booked a "sideways" interior.

I saw the pictures that Dave (whoever he is ) took and the cabin looks well laid out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/573770...7638843840634/

Thank you Pam for your reassurance . We just booked a "sideways" interior.

I saw the pictures that Dave (whoever he is) took and the cabin looks well laid out.

That would be me. ;)

Here are links to the Live thread and all of the picture albums I took for the two weeks I was aboard Royal Princess...

Bon Voyage Dave!!! (Live thread)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950107

Royal Princess Part 1 (482 pictures)

Royal Princess Part 2 (695 pictures)

Stairs and art (49 pictures)

Bridge Tour (55 pictures)

Patters and various menus (65 pictures)

:D

Well then thank you Dave. Great pictures! :)

We are booked on the Regal . I understand the biggest difference between the

2 ships is that they added an aft pool to the Regal.

Thank you! There is the possibility of some minor decor differences, however the ships should be identical other than the aft 'dipping' pool and the giant wind-break they built forward of, and above, The Retreat area.

Hi Dave !!! Have missed you. MarKay525 (formerly S'villeGals)

Howdy!!! I'm still lurking around here once in a while, just trying to keep a low profile. ;)

:D