Oasis refurb - What were we thinking?

John&LaLa

I just got off the phone with C&A. I called to express my disappointment in the cancellation of the Chef's Table:(, but I told the agent my biggest concern is what will be open/not open when I cruise next month. She ran down a list, and it sounds like the plan is for everything that's currently not available to open on the 27th when the ship gets back to Ft. Lauderdale. One of the locations on her list was the CL...closed from October 14-17, then reopening.

The only thing she didn't have a date for was Wonderland. Some of her dates were earlier than what was on the press releases yesterday.

My first cruise was in 2004. We had a JS for that cruise and only had concierge access because my husband's business associate's sister was the port agent. She got us a card. (by the way - there was usually no one in there but us) Every cruise after that we had a JS, including Serenade of the Seas in Alaska in June 2005, and we did NOT have CL access until the GS booked that made us Diamond members.

JS must have been eliminated from the CL prior to our first cruise in March 2004.

Thanks for the correction. I really thought it was later that.

I remembered the rather involved discussion here on CC back in September/October of 2006 when the new brochures came out and they stated that JS had CL privileges. There was a CC Member that was going on a cruise with brochure in hand and she was going to schedule a meeting with whomever on board that would listen to her to discuss the situation rationally and calmly!! :D She wasn't very calm while posting here on CC.

I just got off the phone with C&A. I called to express my disappointment in the cancellation of the Chef's Table:(, but I told the agent my biggest concern is what will be open/not open when I cruise next month. She ran down a list, and it sounds like the plan is for everything that's currently not available to open on the 27th when the ship gets back to Ft. Lauderdale. One of the locations on her list was the CL...closed from October 14-17, then reopening.

The only thing she didn't have a date for was Wonderland. Some of her dates were earlier than what was on the press releases yesterday.

Sorry, I saw a typo, and it's too late to fix it. The C&A agent said the CL is closed from October 14-27.

Thanks for the correction. I really thought it was later that.

I remembered the rather involved discussion here on CC back in September/October of 2006 when the new brochures came out and they stated that JS had CL privileges. There was a CC Member that was going on a cruise with brochure in hand and she was going to schedule a meeting with whomever on board that would listen to her to discuss the situation rationally and calmly!! :D She wasn't very calm while posting here on CC.

It always takes RCI printed info a while to catch up with their own policies. I'm sure some of the current flyers are wrong. The people who write them are clueless about the reality. There is still contradictory info on the RCI website about various things, as I'm sure you know.

I remember talking to a telephone rep once who told me she had never been on a cruise. I think it would be helpful to have reps who are familiar with cruising first hand. RCI should send every rep on a cruise prior to putting them on the other end of the phone.

Don't people still pop up around here thinking they still have CL access because they're in a JS? I don't think that issue will ever go away until they rename that category.

Gina

I was told this past week that Wonderland would be opened in January or February - both levels - from someone who would know and will remain nameless. Maybe they are wrong. But I don't think so.

Do you know where diamond plus members will go? ....

Probably Princess. ..... I would suspect that elimination of CL access and DD will be the last straw for many D+ members. RCL has made the point that a lot of new growth is in Asia and there aren't many D+ members in that part of the world. Since Princess has a lot cheaper fares, D+ members will get a lot more for their money.

Edited by dz9yvr

I was told this past week that Wonderland would be opened in January or February - both levels - from someone who would know and will remain nameless. Maybe they are wrong. But I don't think so.

My latest information from onboard is still "March 14th, 2015" as opening date - same as dynamic dining.

steamboats

The C&A agent said the CL is closed from October 14-27.

:D:D I want to see that :D:D!! First decks 11/12 are a big construction site. Second they will open as Wonderland and not as CL anymore. All deckplans onboard in the elevator areas say "Wonderland" without mentioning the CL.

steamboats

My latest information from onboard is still "March 14th, 2015" as opening date - same as dynamic dining.

steamboats

I should have been more clear.

The part I meant they aren't likely wrong about is Wonderland being on both floors in the old concierge lounge. With construction, dates could vary.

Probably Princess. ..... I would suspect that elimination of CL access and DD will be the last straw for many D+ members. RCL has made the point that a lot of new growth is in Asia and there aren't many D+ members in that part of the world. Since Princess has a lot cheaper fares, D+ members will get a lot more for their money.

Maybe Celebrity. Their C&A status makes them Elite on the Captains Club with great perks. Also the free beverage packages offered on the 1,2,3 promotions are difficult to beat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:D:D I want to see that :D:D!! First decks 11/12 are a big construction site. Second they will open as Wonderland and not as CL anymore. All deckplans onboard in the elevator areas say "Wonderland" without mentioning the CL.

steamboats

I didn't say she was right...but that's what was on her script!:rolleyes::p

On a serious note, I don't understand the secrecy...why don't they just come out with a definitive statement? I think this cloak and dagger stuff causes more hard feelings than if they were just up front with people from the get-go. It's also (IMO) disrespectful to people who are inside final payment and counting on certain amenities or venues on their cruise.

The lounge or lack of doesn't really make a difference to me, but to some it's very important and could be a deciding factor. If I fell in that camp, I'd be extremely upset right now.

Edited by Cindy

Concerning the Consierge Lounge/Wonderland. I thought originally the Consierge Lounges on RCCL were for suite guests and the Diamond Lounges were for loyalty members, D, D+. Now with the creation of the Suite Lounge on deck 17 for suite guests, that would eliminate the Conierge Loungs. I feel that the ongoing debate about who should be allowed to partake of the lounges is pretty cut and dried. Suite guests and Loyalty guests are apples and oranges. RCCL is catering to each group by providing a seperate area just for them. If you are loyal over time and many cruises, you get the Diamond lounge and all its perks. If you paid a lot of money for a suite, even if it is your first cruise, then you get the Suite Lounge and all its perks.

Concerning the Consierge Lounge/Wonderland. I thought originally the Consierge Lounges on RCCL were for suite guests and the Diamond Lounges were for loyalty members, D, D+. Now with the creation of the Suite Lounge on deck 17 for suite guests, that would eliminate the Conierge Loungs. I feel that the ongoing debate about who should be allowed to partake of the lounges is pretty cut and dried. Suite guests and Loyalty guests are apples and oranges. RCCL is catering to each group by providing a seperate area just for them. If you are loyal over time and many cruises, you get the Diamond lounge and all its perks. If you paid a lot of money for a suite, even if it is your first cruise, then you get the Suite Lounge and all its perks.

The Concierge Lounge, on other ships in the fleet, is for Suite Guests, Pinnacle Club and Diamond Plus C&A Members. Ships with a Diamond Lounge are for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members and any Suite Guest that has that C&A Level.

It appears that now on Oasis, the Suites Lounge is for Gold Card Holders which would be Suite Guests and Pinnacle Club C&A Members.

The Diamond Lounge is now for Diamond and Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members and those Suite Guests that have that C&A Level.

Of course, with the way things have been going and the lack of accurate information from RCI direct, it could change again next week!??:D

Edited by cruisenfever