My time dining?

AEPi71

We'll be travelling with a group of friends and no one can seem to agree on a dining time. some want early, some want late. And they don't want "your time" dining. If my wife and I got that, would we be able go to the MDR at their seating and get a table with them? Although they wouldn't have your time would the dining staff accomodate them not sitting at their assigned table for the night to hang with us?

We'll be travelling with a group of friends and no one can seem to agree on a dining time. some want early, some want late. And they don't want "your time" dining. If my wife and I got that, would we be able go to the MDR at their seating and get a table with them? Although they wouldn't have your time would the dining staff accomodate them not sitting at their assigned table for the night to hang with us?

You would be in a different area

No , You cannot switch from YTD to then go sit one night in the assigned dining area. Those people with early/late dining are assigned a time (early or late) and then are assigned a specific table with specific tablemates.

You cannot just join them at will.

IF you have YTD then you can eat anytime you choose as if you were in a restaurant on land. You can still ask to get the same wait staff each night if you like them. You just ask to be seated in the same area and they will get to know you and your needs. The folks who have YTD have a separate section of the dining room so only those folks can be there. Your group will have to decide which sort of dining they prefer and then stick to that.

No , You cannot switch from YTD to then go sit one night in the assigned dining area. Those people with early/late dining are assigned a time (early or late) and then are assigned a specific table with specific tablemates.

You cannot just join them at will.

IF you have YTD then you can eat anytime you choose as if you were in a restaurant on land. You can still ask to get the same wait staff each night if you like them. You just ask to be seated in the same area and they will get to know you and your needs. The folks who have YTD have a separate section of the dining room so only those folks can be there. Your group will have to decide which sort of dining they prefer and then stick to that.

There is no guarantee that you will get the same wait staff if you are on Anytime Dining. You can ask but if their tables are full, they will seat you somewhere else. Or you can wait until a table opens up but the wait could be long. We have tried this many times and I would say its 50/50 you will be able to get the same staff each night.

I recently sailed with two cabins of family members.

I told them from the beginning that we're not joined at the hip.

We were all linked for anytime dining. We could eat when we wanted and either with each other or without.

It worked out great!

Tell them to get over themselves, if you are traveling as a group and don't all want to eat together every night, then at least you can eat when you want to. You don't tell us what ship you are on-Fantasy class ship-Any time is served in the front dining room, Spirit class ship, Anytime is served in the upstairs dining area. Have no idea what ship, or class ship you are on, but no they don't always mingle the set and the anytime together.

Have a great cruise!

We have Any Time Dining mostly to make sure we can get a table for 2 or sit with folks we meet on the cruise and not just get put with strangers.

We always go to dinner early and so can always get the crew we want for our servers. I suppose if you go in the middle of the dining time then the serving team you like may be busy.

I will add to the conversation that on some ship there are two separate MDR. And I agree with the poster that said you are not joined at the hip. Last family cruise with the three daughter I made one night mandatory that we all eat together. I could do that since Hubby and I paid for everyone's trip. The rest of the time we played it day by day. Oh and yes we had YTD so we could go when it worked best for each of us.

We sailed as a group of 27 on the Dream in August. We all had YTD. We had as many as 18 eating together for dinner, and never had a long wait at all. A few in the group prefer traditional late dining so most nights they went at 8:00 on their own and just joined us a few times. Two families prefer to eat very early, so they only joined us once. It worked out great!!!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app