Captain standing on bulbous bow of QM2

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575169/Adrift-sea-Extraordinary-photos-captain-Queen-Mary-II-standing-largest-ocean-liner-world.html

Just came across these fabulous photos of the Captain standing on the bulbous bow of QM2 to mark the 10th anniversary of the line.

Daily Mail UK

Thanks for posting that Marion, what a great photo. I go on the Cunards threads but must have missed this one.

We are sailing on QM2 in April for the first time, can't wait!

Cheers

Rosie

Wow - Freemantle to Cape Town - that will be a great cruise for an ocean liner.

Funny, I had seen these pics floating around and wondered if it was a photo shop.

What a great imagination to come up with the idea and then to see it come to fruition.

No, no photoshop. I can remember it in the news when it happened.

The captain in question finished his stint on the ship not long after the photo and went on leave. He was replaced by Captain Chris Wells who was the captain for my last trip. He was excellent. He was on of the captains involved in the design of parts of the ship, for example the naming of staff quarters as areas of London which helps to build a community within that area.

For any one sailing on her try to do the behind the scenes tour but it is not advertised and sells out within 15 minutes or so. Guest services will tell you when tickets will become available (once per sector).

The captain in question finished his stint on the ship not long after the photo and went on leave. He was replaced by Captain Chris Wells who was the captain for my last trip. He was excellent. He was on of the captains involved in the design of parts of the ship, for example the naming of staff quarters as areas of London which helps to build a community within that area.

For any one sailing on her try to do the behind the scenes tour but it is not advertised and sells out within 15 minutes or so. Guest services will tell you when tickets will become available (once per sector).

Thanks for the info,:D

We were on the cruise sector after the photo was taken (Perth to Sydney). Apparently it was taken in Indonesia (Bali) and took a while waiting for tides & sea conditions. The Captain boarded the bulb from a tender. We have seen a video clip of how they did it (? YouTube).

Captain Wells took over in Melbourne I think. He sounds just like Baldrick (Blackadder) over the PA.

We were on the cruise sector after the photo was taken (Perth to Sydney). Apparently it was taken in Indonesia (Bali) and took a while waiting for tides & sea conditions. The Captain boarded the bulb from a tender. We have seen a video clip of how they did it (? YouTube).

Captain Wells took over in Melbourne I think. He sounds just like Baldrick (Blackadder) over the PA.

He did when he gave those very long midday updates, but he was very talented and the officers we spoke to really respected Capt Wells and enjoyed working with him.

Edited by Aussieflyer

We were next to the Captains table on his last night. At the end of the meal they all stood up and linked arms and sang Auld Lang Syne. This was a formal night.

AussieFlyer, you met one of the officers on our table later on in the Voyage.

Chris Wells who took over was highly regarded. You kept bumping into him all over the ship. AussieFlyer and I met up with him on the Bridge on the behind the scenes tour and he was happy to chat while the rest of the officers were happy for us to move on.