Parking in port Everglades

ASIWISH

Can someone tell me how much it is to park at the cruise terminal?

For a 7 day cruise.

Do we have to make reservations?

Cost is $15/day. You just drive in and park in the garage nearest your ship location. No reservations required.

Easy-peasy!

Edited by Skipper's Mom

It is worth it to us to use on site parking at Port Everglades. No one is allowed through security at the port who is not either a cruiser or has official business at the port. Your car is safe and parked in a covered deck near your ship. Most hotels who have cheaper or free parking do not provide security and your car is left out in a parking lot.

I park here:

https://www.bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale.php

It is less money and easy. You pull up to the Tiki hut and before you can park they are there to unload your bags to their bus. When you come back from the cruise they handle your bags too, placing them in your car. They also have a cold bottle of water waiting for you. A few years ago I think it came to $56 total for 7 day cruise.

I park here:

It is less money and easy. You pull up to the Tiki hut and before you can park they are there to unload your bags to their bus. When you come back from the cruise they handle your bags too, placing them in your car. They also have a cold bottle of water waiting for you. A few years ago I think it came to $56 total for 7 day cruise.

I will add that at the Atlanta airport when we fly somewhere we do always park at Park 'n Fly which is the same as this poster describes Parkngo. We like it a lot. The important thing to us is the security of our car which is excellent in parking at the cruise terminal and at Parkngo and Park 'n Fly. We do not park at an unsecured hotel lot even if it free.

I park here:

We add our recommendation for Park 'n Go...fast, friendly and half the price of the garage. We book & pay online...drive across Alligator Alley from Bonita...they're on the left as you get off the exit ramp for Port Everglades...no port security and showing your cruise documents. We'll be there Jan. 21st...

Cheers, B&B :cool:

Have used Park n Go before but always had a reservation which is needed at some times. We go to Ft Lauderdale a day early and have found most hotels will let you leave your car in their lots for about $8 a day if you stay the night before. Many have a cruise special that includes free parking for a week. Much cheaper for a short cruise. Might be worth checking this out.

Depending on the day you get back, the parking shuttle may be crowded, especially when the behemoth ships are in port.

Edited by take us away

I've used Park n Go in Atlanta, too!

I wonder, is it easy to get from the ship back to the lot or is it crowded..?

Great advice! Thanks!

Hi Kevin...they will give you a number to call when you exit customs...and they arrive quickly. On our first trip, we returned to a different terminal so we asked a security guard where the van pickup was. On our second trip, the van was waiting right outside customs, and the driver called in our info...car was ready with trunk open when we got to lot. Only two cruises from there...but no crowded van so far...We make a reservation about a month ahead, and pay by credit card online.

Bob :cool:

We usually stay at a nearby hotel with a shuttle and free parking for the week. Upon return, we take a cab back to the hotel. I'd rather spend the money staying at a hotel the night before than $105 for parking. We could drive to the port the day of the cruise (3 hour drive), but I feel more comfortable going the day before. We have experienced HAL cruises where we parked at the ramp garage, but the ship docked at a different location when we returned from the cruise. Very inconvenient. Have not tried Parkngo.

Maybe this will be of interest. HAL offers a free day's parking at Park 'N Fly at Port Everglades when you go thru the Hal website. Take a look-go to FAQs For Booked Guests, then Transportation, then read thru section Arrival, Boarding, Disembarkation. We drive over from Gulf side, access Parking lot very easily, and are happy to report, have had good service. We have used outdoor lot every time. We park and minibus pulls up to get our bags, then deposits us at our ship. On return, we call after customs and get picked up quickly. Online booking and full payment in advance required for best rate. I tend to book well in advance for holidays especially. Be sure to pick port, not airport! I cannot recall if garage or valet are also offered at this location.

• 4 months later...
We usually stay at a nearby hotel with a shuttle and free parking for the week. Upon return, we take a cab back to the hotel. I'd rather spend the money staying at a hotel the night before than $105 for parking. We could drive to the port the day of the cruise (3 hour drive), but I feel more comfortable going the day before. We have experienced HAL cruises where we parked at the ramp garage, but the ship docked at a different location when we returned from the cruise. Very inconvenient. Have not tried Parkngo.

Can't find a free parking hotel. which did you use?

Can't find a free parking hotel. which did you use?

I've stayed at hotels that offer free cruise parking --unsecured lots, etc.

parkngo is the way to go. Used it for years -- quick pick up -- free water, jump start if you've been there a long time.

Many hotels have a cruise 'package' that includes free parking for a week - but needless to say, the hotel charge is higher than a regular room. Some allow for a 'free' week with any reservation - check Hampton Inn's as they used to do this but the perks are all changeable at a moment's notice so keep looking. We have found that hotels not real close to the pier seem to have better pricing, perks, etc. so try the surrounding area. We often stay in a hotel in Plantation that has a free shuttle to the pier while the same hotel chain close to the pier charges a fee for this service - go figure.

Try this site: http://www.stay123 They offer many hotels with parking and port transfers at all U.S. ports. In Ft Lauderdale, we usually use the Sheraton in Plantation. They have one of the nicest and largest pools of most hotels on the roof. nice restaurant free shuttle to the port, free breakfast, and indoor parking. We usually only take cruises of more than 30 days and were never charged extra for long term parking. Last Jan we took 68 day Antarctic cruise on Prinsendam and they had no problem with that. Cost's a little more than some (about $200 a night) But the rooms are beautiful (all suites) and the staff very nice

I've used Park n Go in Atlanta, too!

I wonder, is it easy to get from the ship back to the lot or is it crowded..?

Great advice! Thanks!

Kevin:

The problems you run into when you move out of the Chicago area and there is no Russell's in Florida. Don't you miss us?

Himself

Try this site: http://www.stay123 They offer many hotels with parking and port transfers at all U.S. ports. In Ft Lauderdale, we usually use the Sheraton in Plantation. They have one of the nicest and largest pools of most hotels on the roof. nice restaurant free shuttle to the port, free breakfast, and indoor parking. We usually only take cruises of more than 30 days and were never charged extra for long term parking. Last Jan we took 68 day Antarctic cruise on Prinsendam and they had no problem with that. Cost's a little more than some (about $200 a night) But the rooms are beautiful (all suites) and the staff very nice

Really - no charge for extended stay parking??? The website says 30 days free??? How about 115 days, think that would be free?? Wow - would sure beat renting a car for both ways travel!

Edited by take us away