Freedom of the Seas

beerman2

Have spent 2 different times doing a review, only to post and CC saying not logged in.

We were more than satisfied with our First RCI cruise.

Aft cabin was the best!

Drink package more than paid for itself.

WJ was pretty much what I expected. The carved meats, mashed potatoes and fish were very good.

MDR food was above average. I realize they are cooking for thousands. Maria and Victor did an amazing job.

Natalie and Alok at the English Pub and Sergio and his crew at Schooner Bar went above and beyond.

Pool area thought was set up nicely other than the ice cream machine being in the middle of the walkway.

3 bar areas by pool very nice.

Solarium ( adult pool ) very nice and water warm.

Chair hogs , are in everyone cruiseline although they had staff walking around.

Continued

Thought the ship had a real classy feel to it.

Embarkation was the best ever. 1 hour from the time we left hotel to bring on board. Got to the port around 9:45.

Freedom on Ice show was the only one we saw. Simply amazing! We did see dancing in the streets ( Promenade). Very good.

Not excursion people so just did a little shopping in St. Thomas and St. Marteen.

Private island Cocoa Cay was set up nicely. RCI had done a very good job with it.

One disappointing thing and it was entirely my fault was missing the M & M due to getting into a conversation by the pool and loosing track of time. So to my3girls and clueless cruiser ( Misty and Sue ) my loss.

Continued

Pizza ( sorrento's ) was the worst I have ever had . IMHO

Deserts in WJ ok at best, MDR desserts were fair to good.

The entire staff were very friendly and always said hello.

Liked that you could walk deck 4 all the way around the ship.

We will take another RCI cruise in the future without a doubt.

Any specific questions I will be happy to answer if I can.

Great to hear some positive words about the food. I've seen so many negative reviews of the food quality lately. I'm sailing on her next month. I've been on the Liberty of the Seas. Didnt enjoy the MDR dinner (never tried their lunch or breakfst) but the windjammer always had something I enjoyed.

Edited by indie

A few more thoughts

If you happen to Still be in port at night in St. Thomas when you get back on board go to Olive or Twist have a drink and see St. Thomas light up at night . A very picturesque sight.

I believe they had appetizers they night also in Olive or Twist.

Do self assist when getting off ship if you are able. Disembarkation was a long process. We were 1/2 behind schedule bring called.

RCI is all about using hand sanitizers before entering food areas.

B/fast in MDR also has a buffet set up as well as menu. Best of both worlds.

Have spent 2 different times doing a review, only to post and CC saying not logged in.

Aft cabin was the best!

WJ was pretty much what I expected. The carved meats, mashed potatoes and fish were very good.

MDR food was above average. I realize they are cooking for thousands. Maria and Victor did an amazing job.

Natalie and Alok at the English Pub and Sergio and his crew at Schooner Bar went above and beyond.

Pool area thought was set up nicely other than the ice cream machine being in the middle of the walkway.

Love location of ice cream machine, can't walk by without stopping. Would hate to go out of my way to get to it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for review. We were on freedom four years ago. Great memories. Booked again for May 2015 I'm sure we will have a great time

Did they have a good sing along piano bar?

We were on the Legend last March and that was such a fun place for evening cocktails

jiffymom

Can't remember the name of the piano player, he was an older man. He did pretty good , we usually saw him for his hour warm up session around 8 so so. Never saw him when he did his main session at 10:00.

Some people sang along to a few songs , I'm sure at 10 it was better.

There was always people there playing trivia before he started. The bartenders there were excellent.

Aft cabin was the best!

thank you for the review. Sorry about the Chair Hogs.:(

Great to hear some positive words about the food. I've seen so many negative reviews of the food quality lately. I'm sailing on her next month. I've been on the Liberty of the Seas. Didnt enjoy the MDR dinner (never tried their lunch or breakfst) but the windjammer always had something I enjoyed.

Also glad to hear about the quality of the food.:)

We did a B2B on FOS in September, and loved the ship so much that we canceled another cruise to sail on Freedom again next September. We're excited to see the changes as well. Really enjoyed the size of the Freedom class. It seemed just about perfect. For a ship about to go into dry dock, she seemed to be in excellent shape. Great crew, very friendly.

Which aft cabin did you stay in? We are in 9404 in April 2014. Our first aft, any recommendations?

Kelly

You will have a nice room just a reminder that you have a HUGE port hole window and a Hinged door NOT a slider. Balcony9690.jpg.f4843ef4fb02ff0c9faed1af562fc6c8.jpg[/ATTACH] in full sun most the time.

1997429307_Freedom_aft_balconies1.jpg.686a6a97b170467d24e8e8a8a9bef6df.jpgI do not have Picture of 9404 but these are very close and on port side Explorer.

1553799525_9690aftEOS.jpg.7a761c20b67ab12ed35aea6c00c62b04.jpg

We had 7408 corner aft and we had a Sliding Door to patio.

Take a nap in the chaise lounge or sleep out there for a coupe of hours.

Host a small cocktail party!

Enjoy watching the wake and sunrise.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FOS one of our favorites. Fortunate enough to be doing b2b on her in 20 days. Thanksfor all the comments......gets me excited!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

If you haven't done one already, you will love the B2B. It was really nice to be able to stay on for a second week. Very relaxing.

They'll have a special lunch for consecutive cruisers on the last day of week one in the MDR. Invitations are sent to your stateroom, and everything about the B2B process is also well explained.

Love location of ice cream machine, can't walk by without stopping. Would hate to go out of my way to get to it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You and my dear wife too. She can't help but stop every time we walk by. :eek: She's the only person I know that could go on an ice cream diet and not gain a pound. Me, not so much.

jiffymom

Can't remember the name of the piano player, he was an older man. He did pretty good , we usually saw him for his hour warm up session around 8 so so. Never saw him when he did his main session at 10:00.

Some people sang along to a few songs , I'm sure at 10 it was better.

There was always people there playing trivia before he started. The bartenders there were excellent.

We were on your cruise and voted Sergio in the Schooner Bar best bartender on the ship although he had a lot of competition. Agree with everything you posted although I've had worse pizza. This was our third trip on her and are seriously considering a fourth after drydock.

Thanks Jules. We actually only do b2b. 7 days is waaaay too short. Kind of love that last night of the first week when all the suitcases are in the hall and ours are nowhere to be found:) love turnaround day too......then have a whole week more to enjoy. I must confess though, the closer we are to retiring,the more b2b is hardly enough. This year we are staying 4 mire days in Orlando to recover from the b2b :) pretty sure next year will be b2b2b!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app