premium vs ultimate drink package

msweezie

Can someone explain the difference between the two packages? Premium covers drinks up to the cost of $10. Are all frozen drinks under $10? What is the price for a cosmo? Thanks for your help!

Can someone explain the difference between the two packages? Premium covers drinks up to the cost of $10. Are all frozen drinks under $10? What is the price for a cosmo? Thanks for your help!

The difference between the Premium and Ultimate is the addition of fresh squeezed OJ, bottled sparkling water, and specialty coffees.

Premium Package Includes:

• Call, and premium

cocktails (up to $10 value)

• Frozen cocktails

• Beer

• Premium wines by the

glass (up to $12 value)

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Bottled water still (500ml)

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

Ultimate Package Includes:

Everything in the premium package plus:

• Premium coffee

• Premium tea

• Bottled water: Sparkling

(375ml) or Still (500ml)

• Fresh squeezed

orange juice

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

Basically the Ultimate package includes a combination of the premium and replenish package.

I got the Ultimate package on the 10/5 sailing of the Allure because of the specialty coffees, they were wonderful. I did not have anything to drink that was not included in the ultimate package

Edited by dacsmom

Premium Package Includes:

• Call, and premium

cocktails (up to $10 value)

• Frozen cocktails

• Beer

• Premium wines by the

glass (up to $12 value)

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

Everything in the premium package plus:

• Premium coffee

• Premium tea

• Bottled water: Sparkling

(375ml) or Still (500ml)

• Fresh squeezed

orange juice

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

Basically the Ultimate package includes a combination of the premium and replenish package.

I got the Ultimate package on the 10/5 sailing of the Allure because of the specialty coffees, they were wonderful. I did not have anything to drink that was not included in the ultimate package

This is what I saw today on RC's website. Premium Cocktails up to $12.

Premium Includes:

• Premium cocktails (up to $12 value)

• Frozen Cocktails

• Beer

• Premium wines by the glass (up to $12 value)

• Fountain soda with Coca Cola ® souvenir cup

• Enjoy 20% off bottles of wine

• Virtually unlimited options.

A combination of all the benefits from Premium

and Royal Replenish packages.

• Enjoy 20% off bottles of wine

Hmmm, Fritz is right. I just saw this change for the premium package on the RC website:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

It shows up to $12 for cocktails now??? and then lists frozen cocktails. I wonder what the difference is there? I mean I know what a regular cocktail and a frozen cocktail is, but it's now listed separately???

so specialty coffees...??? I could always order a bailey's and a coffee on the cheaper package, right?

By specialty coffee they don't mean spiked. It means getting a cappuccino or cafe mocha type coffee - but not from Starbucks, from whatever the coffee shop is called on your ship (e.g. Cafe Promenade)

Still shows $10 for me when I check out the site. And I have 2 cruises booked in the next 3 mths, and for both packages, it states $10 with the premium package.

I know there was a thread here a few weeks ago about that link, but not sure where it came from. Doesnt seem to apply for the packages booked for cruises out of the US, or not yet anyways.

I would love for this to be true, as there were a few drinks Iha on the last cruise slightly over the $10 price that they charged me the difference on.

PErhaps someone who has recently cruised in the past couple weeks with the package can confirm?!

Edited by monctonguy

Still shows $10 for me when I check out the site. And I have 2 cruises booked in the next 3 mths, and for both packages, it states $10 with the premium package.

I know there was a thread here a few weeks ago about that link, but not sure where it came from. Doesnt seem to apply for the packages booked for cruises out of the US, or not yet anyways.

I would love for this to be true, as there were a few drinks Iha on the last cruise slightly over the $10 price that they charged me the difference on.

PErhaps someone who has recently cruised in the past couple weeks with the package can confirm?!

This is the fine print on the bottom. It appears this is new as of 9/24 and it for North American itineraries:

* Prices shown for Caribbean, Alaska, and North America itineraries; gratuities are additional. Prices for Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Dubai and South America itineraries vary and are inclusive of gratuities. All prices are subject to change without notice. Packages cannot be shared, are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selectiononboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server. Package does not include in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages. Package is subject to the terms of Royal Caribbean International’s Alcohol Policy. © 204 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas. 14040026 • 9/29/14

OK, this might seem like a crazy question and it may have been asked before me and I'm sorry I didn't dig deep enough into the realms of CC, but.... If you have the Ultimate Drink Package and you decide to go to 150 Central Park for dinner and get the wine pairing, is that included in the drink package, or is there some minimal surcharge for the addition of the wine pairing??

TIA!

;)

I just bought and used the premium package last week on a 5 night Western Caribbean Cruise on the Vision of the Seas. The total price charged to my seapass account was $281.75/per person. I don't recall seeing any drinks that were over $10 or liquor that wasn't included. You can pretty much drink the top-shelf stuff to your hearts content. There were some wines over $12/glass but actually not many. As many have said if it's over the limit you will just be charged the difference in price. A few beers are excluded from the packages for whatever reason, they are nothing special, but there are plenty to choose from.

I debated whether the package was worth it or not for along time because neither of us are heavy drinkers but I'm glad we did it. We both tried many drinks we had never had before and likely would not have had we been paying individually. The same for some wines. If I got something I didn't like I would set it aside and order something else, no limits and nobody cares. Also, it was nice not to schlep bottled water to the port and hope it made it to the room, we got as much as we wanted at the bars for our room and on the way out the door at the ports. It was nice just to drink what and when we wanted and not have to think about the price, I know we at least hit the $55/day without ever overdoing it. You will still be presented a $0.00 receipt to sign most of the time because the bartenders are hoping for an extra tip, and occasionally I would give them one for good service - its a buck or two here and there - no big deal. If you think you'll drink 3-4 drinks or wine per day, plus some bottle water and maybe a coke go for it, you'll have a much better time not even thinking about it I promise, I never looked at the price of the drinks on the menu just what was in them - it really made the cruise fun.

Edited by OU8MINE
location of cruise and ship added

I believe the current price for luxury martini and cosmos are $9.50 for cruises originating in the US.

Does that mean the pricing is different on a Med cruise?

Also does anyone know if on the longer cruises (like a 13 day cruise) you can still wait to buy the package with only 4 days remaining?

We had the premium package on our last sailing, it was wonderful! Loved the freedom of it and the bottles of water. I wish it included the coffee drinks but it is not worth the ultimate package price (for me) to include that. I just bought a couple throughout the 7 days.

Thank you

I am sailing on Liberty of the Seas on 03/19/15 and am so excited. I did purchase the premium package and I am really glad someone told me about your thread on this subject. I am normally just a beer drinker and am always worried about my bill price, but now I will try more drinks and have a much more pleasant vacation. Are you only able to order one drink at a time? Didn't know if I was able to order a few beers and take them to my room?

It would be so helpful if Royal would make a chart that showed various drinks (by name), and then which of the package(s) they are included in. I'd like to see if my tipples of choice are covered.

For example, I generally drink wine, or Smirnoff Ice. Much to my surprise I believe I read on CC that Smirnoff Ice was included in the Select Package. If I could verify that with Royal, I'd probably purchase it. But since I can only go with eyewitness accounts (and we all know about the inconsistencies across the ships), I don't know if I will bother.