premium vs ultimate drink package

msweezie

Thanks for all the info everyone especially on the drink difference part.

For the person who wants a list you could always call customer service and ask all your questions to them.

I was going to do that until I saw this chain.

Edited by hailmary25

Thanks for all the info everyone especially on the drink difference part.

For the person who wants a list you could always call customer service and ask all your questions to them.

I was going to do that until I saw this chain.

In my experience, you get a different answer every time you call with a question.

Can order 1 drink or shot at a time, 15 min wait between drinks. That may or maynot be enforced.

You can only order one drink at a time, but there is not a 15 minute wait for drinks containing alcohol. Only the soda from the freestyle machines has a 15 minute restriction.

Well that stinks, I can drink faster than that LOL. I just thought it would be nice to sit on my balcony(first one ever) and have a few drinks!

There is not time limit for beer or alcohol. If you want to bring a couple back to your room simply get one at one bar and then stop at another bar on your way back to your room.

You can only order one drink at a time, but there is not a 15 minute wait for drinks containing alcohol. Only the soda from the freestyle machines has a 15 minute restriction.

We were just on the Enchantment last weekend and the Schooner Bar Tender enforced the 15 minute delay between drinks every night. Maybe he was in a lousy mood but he was very vocal about that rule.:mad:

Well that stinks, I can drink faster than that LOL. I just thought it would be nice to sit on my balcony(first one ever) and have a few drinks!

Just off the Navigator. We never ordered two at a time, but also didn't have to "wait 15 minutes between drink orders"... If we wanted to take drink back to the room ...We'd stop at one bar, get a drink, stop at another, and so on.... Once at the pool, I ordered a drink & the waiter brought me two! So.... No worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were just on the Enchantment last weekend and the Schooner Bar Tender enforced the 15 minute delay between drinks every night. Maybe he was in a lousy mood but he was very vocal about that rule.:mad:

Just off Adventure of the Seas and no waiting between drinks, had the Ultimate Package don't think I broke even but was not far away. Big positive no big bill at the end. Tipped bartenders made no real difference to service some smiled others didn't and all drinks measured. Make sure you specify what Vodka you want, I drink Vodka and Red Bull and when I asked for it I was given Absolut which I could hardly taste. I either asked for Smirnoff or Grey Goose with Red Bull not a problem and I will do the package again.

• 3 weeks later...
I hate to ask this but what does the *asterisk on the drink menus mean. Are they not included on the beverage packages?

I don't know if it's still the case, but the asterisk on the pub beer list used to denote beers that were not included in any package.

Edited by clarea

Question, can you get a specialty coffee at Starbucks w/the Ultimate Package? I thought I had read somewhere on these boards that you could purchase specialty coffees & teas.

Just wondering, and wanting to make sure before we get there in 17 days.

Thank you.

jean

Question, can you get a specialty coffee at Starbucks w/the Ultimate Package? I thought I had read somewhere on these boards that you could purchase specialty coffees & teas.

Just wondering, and wanting to make sure before we get there in 17 days.

Thank you.

jean

Not at the Starbucks on Oasis or Allure. However, on Navigator you can get specialty coffee at Cafe Promenade.

The Royal Caribbean sites pricing on drink packages for the Premium Package does include cocktails up to $12, and frozen cocktails. I would assume the $12 cap still applies for frozen beverages, although it is unclear. Most frozen beverages do not exceed $12 a glass unless it is in a souvenir cup(they are not included in your drink package). If you order a margarita that is $14, you pay the difference of $2. You can also order a $14 margarita and request a lower quality tequila and that will lower the price to 10-12$ in most cases. :D

Someone has also posted the "whats included" liquor list - so you get a general idea. It is my understanding that Royal Caribbean has modified it so that you can order drinks with Patron as it is the tequila of choice in most of their Margaritas. Also, you will notice if you glance at a drink menu, that the majority of their frozen cocktails include Pyrat XO Reserve rums - I do believe that they have since modified the allowed lists to include commonly used top shelf liquors.

Check out this link for some pictures of the drink menus for a general idea on pricing http://www. cruise savvy .com/cruise_pictures/drink_prices?page=2 and the attached file which includes many current drink pricings. You'll have to remove the spaces between cruise and savvy and before/after the words as cruise critic doesn't allow "advertising" even though it isn't an advertisement.

RC Cruise Drink pricing.pdf

Beverage-Package.-whats-included.jpg.bbec6b980c70fe11fea4077630a366f5.jpg

drink.jpg.50978c1502415d4d46b1dd7da27c1f5e.jpg

Edited by FLtoAlaskaGirl
link

• 3 weeks later...
No both members of the cabin do not need to have the same plan. Or even one person can have a plan and the other may not have one at all. We have a ultimate and beer and wine in ours.

The ultimate includes scotch, not sure about the premium.

Premium and Ultimate include exactly the same booze inclusions. Yes, there are lots of scotches included in Premium/ Ultimate. The only difference is that Ultimate includes specialty coffees /teas, sparkling bottled water and fresh squeezed OJ, while Premium does not.

No, both people in a cabin do not have to buy a package. One can buy and the other not, you can buy two different packages or none at all.

We are going on the Majesty of the Seas next weekend and purchased the Ultimate Package. Does anyone know if the drinks are included at Coco Cay?

Also, is there a 15 per day limit on drinks or is it truly unlimited....not that I would drink that much but I am thinking a combination throughout the day of water, tea, coffee and alcohol.

Thanks!

Edited by jeannie1962

We are going on the Majesty of the Seas next weekend and purchased the Ultimate Package. Does anyone know if the drinks are included at Coco Cay?

Also, is there a 15 per day limit on drinks or is it truly unlimited....not that I would drink that much but I am thinking a combination throughout the day of water, tea, coffee and alcohol.

Thanks!

There is not limit on drinks on any packages. When I was on a cruise last week, there were days where we definitely had over 15 (not in just alcohol either) and had no issues.

The drinks are definitely included at CocoCay. We had no problems when we were there. You will still have to sign but the computers are connected to the ship's computers. Make sure to bring your SeaPass cards (but realize that if you bring them in the water, the sticker may fade...)

Hi

Does either the premium or ultimate beverage plan include any scotch?

Do both people in a cabin have to take the same package?

Thanks so much

The premium includes most scotches (not the ultra-expensive ones). The only difference between ultimate and premium is juices, coffee, etc. The alcohol selection in both are the same.

Both people do not have to have the same package.

Does anyone know if the price of a martini or a cosmo is included in the premium? Is it under $10

Different martinis and margaritas run between $8&$11. If the drink goes over the $10 mark, you will only be charged the overage. Most of the drinks are well under 10 and are made with premium liquor. FYI the R-bar has a daily special drink unique to their venue along with the entire ship having a drink of the day. My DH and I buy 1 ultimate package and 1 premium, and if I want coffee from starbucks or Seattle's best, he gets it for me. We also stock up on bottled water, which are 12 or 16 oz bottles and take them off the ship. The large Evian bottles are not included.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My husband and I are thinking to get either the ultimate or the premium and were wondering if spirit shots are included (vodka, tequila, etc). It heard that they are not but I'd like to find out if its true or not. It won't make sense if its not, paying so much money and only a selection of certain beverages is included. Looking forward to a reply on this please! :confused: