Alaska 2016 Schedule?

rockbock

I am also wondering the same thing. March or April 2015 is basically only 12 months away from the start of the Alaska cruising time of May 2016. I was really hoping that it would be before then. Celebrity is releasing their Alaska cruises in mid November, but I think we really want to cruise Alaska with Princess. I know, I'm getting impatient!! :-( Vicki.

Thank you Pam and Paul - guess I just need to stay patient :-) Vicki.
Celebrity doesn't have as many ships nor does it sail in as many parts of the world. Over the last year or so, Princess has been juggling ships and repositioning them to different itineraries and continents. This takes a lot of planning and organization so it takes longer to finalize itineraries and ports.

Celebrity doesn't have as many ships nor does it sail in as many parts of the world. Over the last year or so, Princess has been juggling ships and repositioning them to different itineraries and continents. This takes a lot of planning and organization so it takes longer to finalize itineraries and ports.

Well that sounds very reasonable then - patience is a virtue!! :)

I am also very interested if anyone has any 'thoughts' on the Alaska cruises through Princess - like a preferred Princess Ship to see this part of the world? - we are looking at early May 2016. Hubby and I are arriving into Vancouver on 6th May 2016 - arriving by Celebrity Solstice from Sydney. I am keen to do Alaska by Princess as I have heard they offer the better itineraries. Thanks again for all your help :) Vicki.

• 2 months later...
Well that sounds very reasonable then - patience is a virtue!! :)

I am also very interested if anyone has any 'thoughts' on the Alaska cruises through Princess - like a preferred Princess Ship to see this part of the world? - we are looking at early May 2016. Hubby and I are arriving into Vancouver on 6th May 2016 - arriving by Celebrity Solstice from Sydney. I am keen to do Alaska by Princess as I have heard they offer the better itineraries. Thanks again for all your help :) Vicki.

My husband I, along with another couple, are planning to take a Princess Alaska Cruisetour in 2016. We're eagerly awaiting the release of the Alaska schedule. We're hoping Sitka will be on one or more itineraries.

We took a 7-night Alaska cruise on the Sapphire Princess in August 2013. The only other Princess ship we've been on is the Ruby. While both ships were lovely, the Ruby did not have full-length loungers on the Promenade deck as the Sapphire had. Since We enjoy relaxing on the Promenade, we were disappointed. for that reason, the Sapphire is my favorite of those two ships. We'll be sailing on the Caribbean Princess in March. Looking forward to seeing that ship.

Alaska is so spectacular, It probably doesn't matter which ship you're on. We also did a Disney Alaska cruise right after the Princess one. Both were wonderful experiences...... And the Disney Wonder had full-length loungers :)

Karen

My husband I, along with another couple, are planning to take a Princess Alaska Cruisetour in 2016. We're eagerly awaiting the release of the Alaska schedule. We're hoping Sitka will be on one or more itineraries.

We took a 7-night Alaska cruise on the Sapphire Princess in August 2013. The only other Princess ship we've been on is the Ruby. While both ships were lovely, the Ruby did not have full-length loungers on the Promenade deck as the Sapphire had. Since We enjoy relaxing on the Promenade, we were disappointed. for that reason, the Sapphire is my favorite of those two ships. We'll be sailing on the Caribbean Princess in March. Looking forward to seeing that ship.

Alaska is so spectacular, It probably doesn't matter which ship you're on. We also did a Disney Alaska cruise right after the Princess one. Both were wonderful experiences...... And the Disney Wonder had full-length loungers :)

Karen

Never say never, but if you want to do a cruisetour then your chances of having Sitka is currently slim to none. Generally the cruises that include a cruisetour of Alaska would be the standard milk run of Vancouver, Ketchikan, Skagway and Whittier or those ports in reverse.

always waiting for the 2016 ones to come out, keen to book B2B if I can as a suprise for hubby"s birthday, ( which is 27th august,) Looked at the two 10 day ones from SF,

any thoughts or help would be very great thanks, ( coming from australia) will it be to cold then etc,

March or April 2015. TAs will have the information a week or two ahead of release.

I am also waiting for the 2016 Alaska schedule to come out and have my $100 pre book cruise credit waiting to go as my deposit as soon as it does. I want to book the longest land portion with a southbound cruise back to Vancouver. This will be my husbands first cruise and he is very worried about being sea sick so, having the cruise portion After the land might be better if he does have problems.

We have been reviewing the 2015 schedule. Question to those with Alaska experience:

Other than the dates on a calendar, do the cruise and cruise land tours change that much from year to year? If we plan out our trip using the current 2015 schedule, would there really be much of a change in 2016?

I thank you in advance for any assistance.

• 1 month later...
I am also waiting for the 2016 Alaska schedule to come out and have my $100 pre book cruise credit waiting to go as my deposit as soon as it does. I want to book the longest land portion with a southbound cruise back to Vancouver. This will be my husbands first cruise and he is very worried about being sea sick so, having the cruise portion After the land might be better if he does have problems.

We have been reviewing the 2015 schedule. Question to those with Alaska experience:

Other than the dates on a calendar, do the cruise and cruise land tours change that much from year to year? If we plan out our trip using the current 2015 schedule, would there really be much of a change in 2016?

I thank you in advance for any assistance.

I get car sick on winding roads if I'm not the driver. I get patches from my doctor (they can be purchased over the counter in some countries) and I don't get sea sick even in heavy weather.

Just wondering if this is a 'typo' the Sitka port and no Skagway. Really like the look of this cruise, so hoping to have the opportunity to book when it opens. Any thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Vicki.

14-May-16

Sat

STAR

Alaska

Inside Passage with Glacier Bay

VANCOUVER, Sitka, Glacier Bay, Juneau, Ketchikan, VANCOUVER

Thanks for whoever posted the cruise schedule. We are also booking the May 14 with the Sitka stop and Glacier Bay! Have our cruise credit deposit ready to go and have picked out 4 cabins............can't wait till booking opens up!

Thanks again for the information.

We will most likely book the 13 day connoisseur cruisetour but I'm unsure about the flight portion. The cruisetour isn't until mid 2016 I don't think there is a way to book a flight that far out. Does Princess have a way around that or do I simply have to book my cruisetour now and then wait to find out about flights later?

I am not savvy regarding flying. I haven't been on a plane in years.

We will most likely book the 13 day connoisseur cruisetour but I'm unsure about the flight portion. The cruisetour isn't until mid 2016 I don't think there is a way to book a flight that far out. Does Princess have a way around that or do I simply have to book my cruisetour now and then wait to find out about flights later?

I am not savvy regarding flying. I haven't been on a plane in years.

You normally can't book flights until 330 days before. You'll have to wait to book your flights. I'm in the same boat.