Is anyone else ready to see some Epic reviews when it gets to the U.S.?

beerman2

I'm really glad this thread got started. We are on the last cruise from Miami on April 12th next year and god help me, I'm a planner. Oh yes, I drive everyone around me crazy until its time for the trip, then suddenly they are grateful that someone did the planning.

I got the "Week at a Glance" page from another poster that sailed in February. I was trying to get an idea of what shows and times things were going on. I don't know if what I'm looking at is carved in stone or if they mix it up from cruise to cruise but I'm getting some ideas.

Lrg Pizza thank you for volunteering to post the dailies.

I definitely am. I want to see the dailies so that we can figure out what entertainment we should pre-book when.

We have a ways to go, but I'm in planning mode now.

There is no need to pre-book any entertainment prior to the cruise but I would do it the day you get on to get the dates and times you want. For those that don't want t plan, most entertainment venues also have a standby line and if the place isn't full 5 minutes before the show starts you can just walk right in without a reservation.

I'm really glad this thread got started. We are on the last cruise from Miami on April 12th next year and god help me, I'm a planner. Oh yes, I drive everyone around me crazy until its time for the trip, then suddenly they are grateful that someone did the planning.

I got the "Week at a Glance" page from another poster that sailed in February. I was trying to get an idea of what shows and times things were going on. I don't know if what I'm looking at is carved in stone or if they mix it up from cruise to cruise but I'm getting some ideas.

Lrg Pizza thank you for volunteering to post the dailies.

I'll take a gourmet pizza with sundries tomatoes, goat cheese, bacon, Italian sausage and green olives!!

I'm on the epic nov 9-16 and will try to get them posted. If you want to see a few pics of the ship there is some on cruiselinerooms I posted a few and so has others

There is no need to pre-book any entertainment prior to the cruise but I would do it the day you get on to get the dates and times you want. For those that don't want t plan, most entertainment venues also have a standby line and if the place isn't full 5 minutes before the show starts you can just walk right in without a reservation.

Was just about to post the same. Just walked off this morning now at airport in Rome.

Didn't need to pre book any entertainment or dining and ship was 100% full and very busy at night. Just walked right up and gained entry to Blue Man, Legends and other entertainment in Headliners where Dailies had advised you to pre book.

Cirque is probably the only one you will need to book but we weren't interested to do that.

Dining was readily available at all Specialities. We bought the dining package and dined at specialities every night.

When we sailed on her earlier this year, there was definitely reason to pre-book some of the shows (no availability). I don't expect it to be any different this time. As a planner, I want to have things taken care of before I get on the ship.

It may depend on the particular sailing, but I would rather have at least the major things pre-booked. It makes the trip better for me!

Edited by brookie848

We are sailing Christmas week, and have definitely been advised to pre-book shows! Can't wait to see some Caribbean reviews when she comes over. Have also pre-booked some dinners, but we eat at 5:30, so I don't think we will have a problem moving them around if necessary. (though Teppenyaki was pretty booked up already!)

I sail on 11/23 too and would love to see dailies and new menus too. I posted a request on the two roll calls ahead of me too. Hopefully they will set us up! Can't wait for this cruise!

LOL! I'm sure it won't help you much if the person getting off 3 hours before you get on posts dailies.:p

Same here! It would be great once we start seeing some reviews for the Epic's Caribbean sailings for 2014/winter 2015. We sail on her for the second time in January 2015 and are bringing some first-time cruiser friends along. I'd like to send them a couple reviews to get them even more excited than they already are for the cruise. :)

And for anyone sailing in the Haven, I'd love to know when the Captain's party is held. I need to mentally build my week!

We really enjoyed the Epic earlier this year. When we decided to cruise again, we decided to sail her one more time in the Caribbean before she moves to Europe.

When we sailed on her earlier this year, there was definitely reason to pre-book some of the shows (no availability). I don't expect it to be any different this time. As a planner, I want to have things taken care of before I get on the ship.

It may depend on the particular sailing, but I would rather have at least the major things pre-booked. It makes the trip better for me!

If you want to pre-book, by all means, go ahead and do so. I sailed the week of Thanksgiving and every single date and time was available when I boarded the ship. Now granted, if you want to the day of you may have problems booking but as I stated, if you book directly after boarding, there will be no issue whatsoever getting the dates/times you want.

And for anyone sailing in the Haven, I'd love to know when the Captain's party is held. I need to mentally build my week!

We really enjoyed the Epic earlier this year. When we decided to cruise again, we decided to sail her one more time in the Caribbean before she moves to Europe.

That was our reasoning, too - or the reasoning I used to convince my now-husband to sail again. ;-) We got engaged on the Epic and once he heard it was moving to Europe, we booked! Plus, he has not done the western Caribbean route. Worked out perfectly!

Have a great cruise!

We are sailing Christmas week, and have definitely been advised to pre-book shows! Can't wait to see some Caribbean reviews when she comes over. Have also pre-booked some dinners, but we eat at 5:30, so I don't think we will have a problem moving them around if necessary. (though Teppenyaki was pretty booked up already!)

From what I have been told, only 10-25% of the seat are available to be pre-booked before boarding. That is why there is always availability when boarding the ship.

YES! Would love to. We sail in 39 days and while older and European reviews are nice, I want to see the ship I'll be on and in some of the exact locations I'll be sailing to. So excited this cruise is almost here!!!!:D

R U on the Epic leaving Miami November 30th?