Advice needed for Enchantment of the Seas

myboys78

Hello I am a first time cruiser, cruising on November 7-10. Just wondering if someone can give me some insight on RCL Enchantment of the Seas. Just wanted to get some reviews of the ship/activities/etc.

Also, I've always had difficulty with determining casual vs smart casual, any pointers/advice on the dress code will be most helpful as well.

Thanks

Hello I am a first time cruiser, cruising on November 7-10. Just wondering if someone can give me some insight on RCL Enchantment of the Seas. Just wanted to get some reviews of the ship/activities/etc.

Also, I've always had difficulty with determining casual vs smart casual, any pointers/advice on the dress code will be most helpful as well.

Thanks

Hi

We just got back yesterday from sailing Enchantment. My first piece of advice is to read through the reviews from people that have sailed the last few months. With that said, they can be very subjective. Ive cruised many times with RCL and this was just an okay cruise for a number of reasons. But if this is your first cruise, you wont have anything to compare to.

So, activities, dinning and cabins really depend on what your style is.

The compass daily news letter is your bible. carry it with you.

Do you like live shows, relaxing by the pool, drinking, karaoke, fine dinning vs buffet?

They pack a lot of entertainment into this cruise. its sometimes hard to chose between what to do or see. whatever your choice, get there a little early for a good seat.

Pool deck is nice and we never had a problem finding a chair. Go to the pool on deck 9 in the back of the boat for a quieter experience.

I'm not a heavy drinker but chose the premium package. I was not happy with the bar service on this trip. Very slow and far fewer cocktail servers on this boat. Even tipping extra didn't help with the service as other ships.

Main dinning was nice. I recommend Don-Don as your waiter.

All the bands are great if you like live music.

Read through the reviews and let me know what your interested in and I'll give you more details.

Happy sailing.

Dan

I'm on the same cruise! Join me on the roll call.

Are you travelling with kids?

I absolutely love this ship and this will be my 9th time on her. Love the pool deck at night. The dancing under the stars party on the 2nd night is good. They have a bungee trampoline which I will finally try this time.

The 1st and 3rd nights are basically casual. Khaki pants and a polo shirt for men. If you want to go smart casual,you canniest a long sleeve shirt with or without a tie and dress slacks. 2nd night is formal night but rheee are all

Suggested attires only. You can go casual to smart casual each night if you want.

I highly recommend Chops Grille 1 night. I believe you get a discount on 1st night it's a $25-30 surcharge but well worth it. I really like the Windjammer for dinner. Better than the dining room. For lunch, I recommend the Park Cafe and their famous roast beef sandwiches

There is a very brief Enchantment review in my signature. If you want fantastic, detailed reviews, search for familygoboston and mpoole3. Both members have written very helpful reviews of enchantment. mpoole3 has sailed multiple times and done several reviews. It was our first cruise and we fell in love. Good luck!

We enjoyed our cruise on the Enchantment but found it very crowded in some of the public areas (Windjammer, theatre) since they stretched the ship and added cabins but did not increase the public areas. This did not ruin our cruise as we still had a great time and did miss it after it left Baltimore. Have fun and I am sure you will get hooked just like the rest of us on here.

I am headed back on Nov 3rd for my 3 cruise on her this year.

I love the ship and the stops on the 4day cruise she does.

There is lots to do if you want to keep busy, or if not, lots of relaxing can be done. All day and night different bars have different themese, music, activites etc. The "cruise compass" will be your best guide for that stuff.

As for the dressing up thing, I have never done it. I defn avoid it the night everyone is taking pictures and dressed up like they are going to a prom or a wedding.

The food is just as good in the buffett and it doesnt take 2 hours to eat a meal there.....

If this is your first cruise, you'll enjoy it for sure and know what you like/don't like for your next cruise and what to look for!

I loved the EOS, I was on her awhile ago and of course things may have changed but I really truly LOVED this ship, it's just the right size, there was always something going on, always life by the pool, staff was friendly and helpful.

I don't cruise for the food....in my opinion it's great BECAUSE I'm not shopping for it, cooking it or cleaning the kitchen afterwards. We have much better restaurants around our town to get a fabulous meal if I so choose to pay for it.

Keep an open mind, have fun and be sure to let us know how it turns out!! :)

We enjoyed our Enchantment cruise this year- loved the Solarium and Park Cafe (for lunch.) Liked the music in the Centrum early evening. Had very good meals in the Main Dining Room on My Time Dining.

We also liked the set up of our Deck 3 Oceanview.

Do you plan to do excursions off the ship on port days?

Everyone keeps mentioning the Park Cafe, which deck is it on and is it open for embarkation day lunch? I really don't like going to the buffet on the first day.

Deck 9, aft in the Solarium. Open for lunch on embarkation day.

I'm assuming it is an adults only cafe since it's in the solarium. Is that a correct assumption?

No, Park Cafe is open to all. Children cannot use the Solarium Pool and the loungers around the pool, but they can use the tables/chairs around the outside of the Solarium.

Park Cafe is normally open for breakfast too, except on disembarkation day. It would be nice if it was open on the last day too, because it's normally much less hectic there than the dining room and Windjammer.

Park Cafe is normally open for breakfast too, except on disembarkation day. It would be nice if it was open on the last day too, because it's normally much less hectic there than the dining room and Windjammer.

Very true, I was surprised at how empty it was last week, even during prime lunch times.

Very true, I was surprised at how empty it was last week, even during prime lunch times.

My only disappointment about Park Cafe on the 3-day cruise was that they only served roast beef on one day, which I missed. The other two days they served roast pork.

My only disappointment about Park Cafe on the 3-day cruise was that they only served roast beef on one day, which I missed. The other two days they served roast pork.

You didn't miss anything. It was pork on the first day as well. Dan and I had it- Unless they had it after we all left there

Edited by molly361

Same here, I never saw it busy. I was disappointed the first day....no roast beef sandwiches, but the pork sandwich was good. I only go to the Windjammer on the last morning for coffee and a pastry before getting off the ship and man what a zoo. We were on the Enchantment in 2001 and 2012, I thought the ship looked pretty good for her age.